Question attempt at learning how to compile TWRP for our device.

Search This thread
I am not an experienced dev, and only know enough to be dangerous. that said, i used twrpdtgen from https://github.com/twrpdtgen/twrpdtgen to generate what ought to be the berlna device tree with the necessary board files etc.

what do i have to do, specifically, to clone the twrp source via git/repo? can anybody here explain it like you realize i don't know what i am doing :) i'll figure git and repo out eventually, but this will go quicker if someone would enlighten me ;)

which android version do i want to build twrp with? apparently 12.1 support isn't finished yet, so i should use 11 with aosp source?

note, for our deivce you need to use the script on upon boot.img as we've a/b format, grab from latest stock rom to gen yourself, or see attached. also, necessary to use WSL on windows with a linux distro, or a linux vm, python on windows will not work.

please feel free to use these if it furthers the cause of compiling twrp before i learn how to use git and repo and compile it.. hehe 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• berlna-twrpdtgenoutput.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: ruq

megolatzle

Jun 18, 2022
I wanted to try my hand at this and start digging into git and repo. I got as far as getting all the files ready, setting up the tree where it needed to be, used ". build/envsetup.sh", then lunched with option 5, which is omni-berlna_eng, which is closest to the twrp minimal manifest build option.
After I lunch, the issue arrives with the fact that omni-berlna_eng uses a depreciated PRODUCT_STATIC_BOOT_CONTROL_HAL, whatever that means. So I tried using lunch option 2, which would be an aosp-arm64_eng, but that just gives me the error "#### failed to build some targets (1 seconds) ####".
As of now, I'm at a loss. I don't have the extra time to spend working on this to make it function, and I only get a few hours at a time to get a crack at it, but nothing seems to work.

Edit:
I should mention, this is my first attempt at anything android development. I got this phone as a secondary carry on and I've dirtyflashed Pixel Experience onto it using a method found for Moto G Power TONGA. Wanted to see if I could get TWRP running since dirty flashing killed my mms and calling services.

Attachments

• 7951d39aea66c60ef525dbbb9050a875.png
    7951d39aea66c60ef525dbbb9050a875.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2757889696adc8a49b76c63942c86c05.png
    2757889696adc8a49b76c63942c86c05.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: ruq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to try my hand at this and start digging into git and repo. I got as far as getting all the files ready, setting up the tree where it needed to be, used ". build/envsetup.sh", then lunched with option 5, which is omni-berlna_eng, which is closest to the twrp minimal manifest build option.
    After I lunch, the issue arrives with the fact that omni-berlna_eng uses a depreciated PRODUCT_STATIC_BOOT_CONTROL_HAL, whatever that means. So I tried using lunch option 2, which would be an aosp-arm64_eng, but that just gives me the error "#### failed to build some targets (1 seconds) ####".
    As of now, I'm at a loss. I don't have the extra time to spend working on this to make it function, and I only get a few hours at a time to get a crack at it, but nothing seems to work.

Edit:
    I should mention, this is my first attempt at anything android development. I got this phone as a secondary carry on and I've dirtyflashed Pixel Experience onto it using a method found for Moto G Power TONGA. Wanted to see if I could get TWRP running since dirty flashing killed my mms and calling services.
    I am not an experienced dev, and only know enough to be dangerous. that said, i used twrpdtgen from https://github.com/twrpdtgen/twrpdtgen to generate what ought to be the berlna device tree with the necessary board files etc.

what do i have to do, specifically, to clone the twrp source via git/repo? can anybody here explain it like you realize i don't know what i am doing :) i'll figure git and repo out eventually, but this will go quicker if someone would enlighten me ;)

which android version do i want to build twrp with? apparently 12.1 support isn't finished yet, so i should use 11 with aosp source?

note, for our deivce you need to use the script on upon boot.img as we've a/b format, grab from latest stock rom to gen yourself, or see attached. also, necessary to use WSL on windows with a linux distro, or a linux vm, python on windows will not work.

please feel free to use these if it furthers the cause of compiling twrp before i learn how to use git and repo and compile it.. hehe 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edit: