Attempt to root. 290 firmware

Search This thread

dyepnoodle

Dec 5, 2010
Manila
Ok guys here's what i did to try and root the new firmware. First I backed up my TA partion then flash a 4.3 ftf, unlocked BL to install a custom kernel to have recovery, flashed supersu.zip using recovery then flashed stock. 290 kernel using flashtool. After that i restored my ta partition to relock it.

Supersu was installed and its working on titanium backup and other apps that requires root the only problem is it doesnt work on root explorer or any file manager that needs root, cant move files to system. On root explorer i cant change rw to ro.

I also tried installing recoveries for unlocked bl and it doesnt install the recoveries, tried to manually install busybox and its not installing.

Anyone can help me on this? Phone is SEMI ROOTED. LOL! Reason why im doing this is because of the Z1 white balance port. It works well on 4.2.2

Last edited:

dyepnoodle

Dec 5, 2010
Manila
Yeah, this is the problem people here have tried to solve all day.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

I rember a member named taylor swift who released 4.3 for xz had the same issue, unable to gain full root but he posted something to have the device fully rooted. I'll try that and see what happens. :)

Edit:
Still half rooted. Lol

Last edited:

jackie099

Jun 24, 2010
www.099.im
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Try with terminal or adb:
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/security/sony_ric/enable
then
Code: