Question attempted to sideload android 13. failed..bricked?

Search This thread

ytsurX

Aug 16, 2022
attempted to sideload android 13. i downloaded the ota files for my phone. downloaded platform tools. did the adb reboot recovery. apply update from adb. it made it to 53% then failed. said failed to read command no error. i tried to apply update from adb again right away. it made it to 1% then started saying failed to read file something something over and over and over on my phone screen. i tried to reboot it. probably a bad idea i know. now its stuck on the G with a bar under it that just keeps scrolling but it cant seem to boot up. please help!

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
attempted to sideload android 13. i downloaded the ota files for my phone. downloaded platform tools. did the adb reboot recovery. apply update from adb. it made it to 53% then failed. said failed to read command no error. i tried to apply update from adb again right away. it made it to 1% then started saying failed to read file something something over and over and over on my phone screen. i tried to reboot it. probably a bad idea i know. now its stuck on the G with a bar under it that just keeps scrolling but it cant seem to boot up. please help!
Try using different cables and ports when sideloading. Also use A to C rather than C to C.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
it should work, as it flashes the original software it shouldn't matter if you have the bootloader unlocked or not
You don't need the bootloader to actually be unlocked to use Android Flash Tool, but you do need to have OEM Unlocking enabled in Developer Options. If you do, the Flash Tool will unlock the bootloader itself before flashing the images.

roughriduz

Apr 7, 2011
Try USB 2.0. I have 9 different random percentage stops over two different PCs and my phone was soft bricked. I grabbed an adapter that downed my USB 3 to 2 and ran again. First shot on a USB 2.0 the OTA went through and brought my phone back to how it was.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it should work, as it flashes the original software it shouldn't matter if you have the bootloader unlocked or not
    You don't need the bootloader to actually be unlocked to use Android Flash Tool, but you do need to have OEM Unlocking enabled in Developer Options. If you do, the Flash Tool will unlock the bootloader itself before flashing the images.
    Try using different cables and ports when sideloading. Also use A to C rather than C to C.
    seems like a soft brick, use the Android Flash Tool to reflash the os
    Try USB 2.0. I have 9 different random percentage stops over two different PCs and my phone was soft bricked. I grabbed an adapter that downed my USB 3 to 2 and ran again. First shot on a USB 2.0 the OTA went through and brought my phone back to how it was.