Attempting to root Le Pro 3 AI x651

Search This thread

123Bart

Jun 9, 2017
Today i've read on 4pda forum that a user has completely and successfully rooted x650/x657. He supposed that people who bricked probably miss unlock bootloader step. Please @123Bart can you confirm that you accomplished that step?

I can confirm, that I always unlocked the bootloader before flash of something. I was able to restore my phone several times with fastboot flash method to fully functional condition (but without multi-language after it )

Brick came with flash of orange state zip with TWRP flash method.
More details you can see on screenshot. Orange state zip file changed phone name from "x650 oversea" to "s2_plus".
It was half bricked after reboot. Fastboot was still available, but did not match with fastboot restore expected device name.
Therefore i could not recover my phone as before.
Final brick (dead as stone) occoured after my try to solve the half bricked status by usage of TWRP in fastboot boot mode.

Attachments

• S2_shot.PNG
    S2_shot.PNG
    57.8 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

prateekkej

May 2, 2010
Faridabad
I can confirm, that I always unlocked the bootloader before flash of something. I was able to restore my phone several times with fastboot flash method to fully functional condition (but without multi-language after it )

Brick came with flash of orange state zip with TWRP flash method.
More details you can see on screenshot. Orange state zip file changed phone name from "x650 oversea" to "s2_plus".
It was half bricked after reboot. Fastboot was still available, but did not match with fastboot restore expected device name.
Therefore i could not recover my phone as before.
Final brick (dead as stone) occoured after my try to solve the half bricked status by usage of TWRP in fastboot boot mode.

@GenLan

I am also having same problem.let me describe the scenario.
1. x653/x657 cannot get unlocked. After issuing, oem unlock-go the bootloader gets unlocked(WITHOUT EVEN WIPING THE DATA
PARTITION {-_-} ) but as soon as you restart it locks itself and proceeds to reboot.
2. To keep it unlocked, you have to force shutdown the phone after unlock-go command by keeping the power button pressed for 10 secs.
3. If your bootloader is unlocked then you wont be able to use RIL. It simply refuses to even detect baseband. To use baseband,lock the bootloader again.
4. If you try to flash anything when bootloader unlocked or even use TWRP, there are 90% chances of your phone getting bricked at bootlogo, you have to reboot the phone into fastboot, boot stock kernel, use System Update app to update using official stock zip. Then only your phone will revert to the state, it was in before you messed up with the whole system.
5. They have a partition on phone which records the commands executed in fastboot and if it has any content which is not supposed to be there(like flashing/ modification with system), then the bootloader stops loading the kernel if its locked.(Reason for brick in point 4).

Summary- You cant use RIL in unlocked mode, and if you go for locked bootloader , it will most probably soft-brick your device.:rolleyes:

If anyone finds something which can by-pass the security restrictions and load RIL in unlocked bootloader then please share.

Reactions: Johndays01

Toni Moon

Aug 11, 2015
Today i've read on 4pda forum that a user has completely and successfully rooted x650/x657. He supposed that people who bricked probably miss unlock bootloader step. Please @123Bart can you confirm that you accomplished that step?

Probably this user is in 20s or under that haven't boot restrictions, if you have any version over 20s don't try to root or you lost the nvram, wait for a solution..

Reactions: GenLan

VitGryfny

Jun 9, 2013
Kraków
I have read whole thread but couldnt find if any od proposed rooting solutions is actually working. Is Magisk reliable and will work for LEX653? If not which one could I possibly try not making the process too risky.

Cheers.

Reactions: A-Righi

A-Righi

Jan 15, 2017
I have read whole thread but couldnt find if any od proposed rooting solutions is actually working. Is Magisk reliable and will work for LEX653? If not which one could I possibly try not making the process too risky.

Cheers.

Same here, i'm looking for rooting solution to and also any possible custom rom for LEX653.

cveks

Feb 1, 2009
I Just got my Le Pro 3 AI edition. In phone Settings it says that device is LEX653 but on box it says it is LEX651

Can this device be rooted?

mariobg

Dec 29, 2008
София
Someone tried with Kingroot app?

I just bought X651 and only thing I need for beginning is root :) I think that proper TWRP will come in short time...

Yes KingRoot 5.3.3 can root device, but permanently, after restart you haven't root any more. If you delete system apps be very careful you can brick your phone if you don't know what exactly do! i have phone from September last year, for now there isn't custom rom (there is one called Indian that says is 28s, but it's 27s with multi-language without working nfc) for this all we use stock 028s with working NFC and only Chinese and English.

fxuser

Feb 23, 2018
Hello

I'm with Leeco Le Pro 3 AI X27 ( X650) and need to make a full backup of the phone - some kind of image. What I need to do for this? As I try with adb - it doesnt make fullbackup

So do I need to install TWRP or CWM in order to create image backup?
Which version is suitable for my device and can someone explain me step by step how to install it?
Will there be any problems after installing TWRP or CWM I mean to stop working some function of the phone or to be locked in some way?
And does someone know about any custom ROM working on this phone

Аs a beginner, I went wrong with everything read here, that's why I'm asking you for any explanation and help

Csaba87

Feb 25, 2018
LEX653

Hello!
I need help.
I bought such a device with LEX653.
There is no proper language and location.
I used the morelocale 2 program.
Partly helped.
But there is still no location.
I would need Hungarian and Hungarian locations.
Is there a solution?
Thanks for the help.

Toni Moon

Aug 11, 2015
Hello

I'm with Leeco Le Pro 3 AI X27 ( X650) and need to make a full backup of the phone - some kind of image. What I need to do for this? As I try with adb - it doesnt make fullbackup

Which version is suitable for my device and can someone explain me step by step how to install it?
Will there be any problems after installing TWRP or CWM I mean to stop working some function of the phone or to be locked in some way?

Аs a beginner, I went wrong with everything read here, that's why I'm asking you for any explanation and help

Dont install any twrp or CWM by now, there isn't any working bootloader for the Leeco le pro 3 AI.

Nicolla

Mar 8, 2018

Johndays01

Aug 21, 2016
I have install full x7(from bbs.leeco) with official recovery and then it show me "fail signature.

That's make me port TWRP to force flashing.
Every thing has done, But it can not into animation screen It just stuck in boot screen.

That's make me port TWRP to force flashing.
Every thing has done, But it can not into animation screen It just stuck in boot screen.

After that, I do the same thing like another devices when I use TWRP and they stuck, "I flash root method"

But with Le X651, The system show me "You don't use the original firmware, please contact bla bla bla"

Even I unpack boot.img/recovery.img(from TWRP backups) then remix something to fix, It always show me "You don't use the original firmware, please contact bla bla bla"

How can I do, please help.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/album.php?albumid=14605
It happens to me.
I lost my imeis when i unlock bootloader. When i lock it, my imeis are back, but I cant have root (magisk or super su)

yuridrew

Apr 3, 2018
signal problem

i have a question guys...
are you experiencing changing signal when you hold ur leeco x651 phone specially while gaming...because my phone signal turns to H+ when im holding it while playing then if i not holding it .it turns back to 4g please help me

A-Righi

Jan 15, 2017
i have a question guys...
are you experiencing changing signal when you hold ur leeco x651 phone specially while gaming...because my phone signal turns to H+ when im holding it while playing then if i not holding it .it turns back to 4g please help me

I'm not experiencing it at all. Maybe it happens because the provider or something

Monster 00

Jul 3, 2016
Hello Guys. .
Just got this post here.

I am also having a leX653 a.k.a Le pro 3 AI or Dual 3 .
Its a mediatek X23 4+64 gigs edition.

I have some strange issues with the phone and need your help to solve it.
I am able to unlock the bootloader but as soon as i restart it , it gets locked again. To keep it unlocked, i have to force shutdown the device after unlocking it.
Now,
I am able to Boot Twrp using the TWRP from lenovo K8 note and ramdisk from China Software Kernel.
I am also able to get root access using Magisk/SuperSu .
However , the problem i am facing is, the phone does not boot after , i tried my recovery to wipe the data partition. It looks like they are having some security flags to see if the phone has been formatted using some other recovery. Official Kernel was not booting at all .

TO CHECK , as soon as i was able to get in TWRP . I backed up my phone's kernel unpacked it, made ro.secure =0 and tried booting the phone from the modified kernel and VOILA!! it booted. but here is another twist.

Now if i keep my bootloader unlocked, my baseband does not gets detected and i cant use my phone to make calls. (Wifi and Bt works).

And if i lock my bootloader then it shows that my phone is not having official Kernel . Please visit nearest LeEco Center to get it checked. And then reboots. .

Need your help guys. . I am very close to get it all done.

But did u try rewriting your emei using mtk engineering tool. You need to go to telephony/gprs/ then edit the values. I hope that it works.

holabla

Apr 22, 2012
Hello

To make a backup image without root/twrp you need to use spflashtool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have admittedly made the mistake of confusing the AI edition with the non AI edition, but nonetheless would like to continue on and make the most out of my device, so I'd like to start a thread where we can pool together and try to root the Le Pro 3 AI x651.

Quick note just to be explicit: This phone is very different to the LeEco Pro 3, and does not have a Qualcomm chipset and no source code at http://opensource.le.com/ and if its not too late you should not buy it.

ROM
    The ROM for this device can be found under the name "FULL_X7_X7-CN-FN-KGXCNFN5902504131S-5.9.025S" (e.g. http://combinefile.com/home/browse/...25S_Firmware_Flash_File_Tested_By_Combinefile, if someone has suggestions for reuploading it let me know).

Similar Devices
    When looking for help, the following are devices with similar chipsets that may yield resources, let me know if you know others. (Often phones just take a reference design for a lot of things):
    • Lenovo Note K8
    • LeEco x620

Unlocking
    Most of the unlocking steps are similar to other phones
    1. Go to Settings -> About -> Hit Build 7 times
    2. Go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM unlocking
    3. Run 'adb reboot bootloader'
    4. Use 'fastboot oem unlock'
    5. You can now double check if your device is unlocked using 'fastboot oem device-info' (if anyone knows any other commands let me know)

Rooting?
    This is where I have been making some progress, but haven't quite gotten there yet. So I know the following:

1. There is no TWRP for this device (yet)
    2. TWRP from other MTK6797 devices does not work
    3. You should be able to port TWRP if you get the recovery.img file, which is not included in the ROM
    4. You can dump the recovery.img file if you have root
    5. We can dump the boot.img, edit it, flash it to recovery and boot from it
    6. Just changing ro.adb.secure/ro.secure does not solve it (see below)
    7. 'su' is also missing from /system/bin, I will try to add one and see what that does

Editing and booting boot.img
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Unpack boot.img (seems to be fine using "Superr's kitchen" though I'm guessing most tools/kitchens for this will work")
    3. Edit e.g. default.prop
    4. Pack boot.img
    5. Run 'adb reboot bootloader'
    6. Make sure you are unlocked then run: 'fastboot flash recovery boot.img' (I think directly booting with 'fastboot boot boot.img' may also work)
    7. Run 'adb shell' and then perform 'cat /default.prop', you should see your changes
    8. Unfortunately the ROM seems to have a file called '/data/recovery_rootcheck' and sadly rooting does not work, so this is WIP and any feedback ideas would be great

Extracting System.new.dat
    This file contains most of the ROM files and is nice to see what the device all does. We can use the tool 'sprs2ext.exe' (and again there are probably many others that do the job) to extract it to a 'system.img.ext4' file. This can the be viewed with any ext4 viewing program, e.g. ext2explore.

Getting the recovery.img
    It would be nice if some people could refrain from overwriting their recovery.img, since we need to dump it somehow (unless someone has other ideas sources).
    X650

thanks for sharing you're experience, I'm waiting for X650 too.
    Can you explain me what kind of mistakes\what step you did that bricked the phone?
    Did you manage to resurrect it?

I tried to get rid of Orange State message which will come up after flash of TWRP.
    It will tell you, that your phone can not be trusted anymore, blablabla...

Somewhere I have read about to flash "Stop-Orange something file" and this I did which was the big mistake.
    Afterwards it was completely bricked, even some interface was detected frequently for duration of seconds in PC, but no chance to use sp-flashtool at current state.

So stay away of this. Please read "streamlined Root" thread from post #12 for details.

Finally I tried to disconnect the battery or a while, but this also did not help. (Yes, I opened the phone ;) )
    Le Pro3 AI version X650 EUI5.9_25S streamlined ROOT V4

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-857858-1-1.html
    Update log
    Based on the official 25S unpack optimization, the ROM main streamlined, suitable for like the original friend
    Maintain the official input method and store and the necessary procedures
    Repair official yellow box problem (mandfx & winter)
    Streamline redundant programs and residual files
    Modify the kernel to add init.d support
    Change kernel selinux status to permissive
    Built-in viper sound
    Update the busybox component
    Add ROOT Privilege Pro, perfect ROOT
    Other features of their own experience

TWRP (From this author)
    letv-x650-7to-twrp3.1-recovery-new
    19.4 MB
    So using https://github.com/phhusson/super-bootimg I was able to perform a systemless root.

To do this:
    1. Download super-bootimg: `git clone https://github.com/phhusson/super-bootimg.git'
    2. In the super-bootimg create the directory output/lex651/ and place boot.img as orig-boot.img in it
    3. Build it using `chmod +x build.sh; ./build.sh myphone`
    4. Boot using `fastboot boot boot-output-lex651-su-eng-r203.img` (once in recovery etc), the image is located in myphone/lex651/

I'll try uploading the boot bin in a moment. Could someone please try dumping their recovery.img then we can see if we can get TWRP to work?

Edit: boot img https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlYiOwfjH3eSgRGVkkD9CgN7K36_