Attn. Gary Key: Asus should release a monitoring tool we can all install

Search This thread
With probable hardware variances between Primes and different software, settings, etc. it strikes me that Asus could really benefit from having a comprehensive data set gathered from all of our tablets which logs detailed system information, including the causes of crashes.

At present, this information is patchy, anecdotal and posted randomly throughout different threads on this forum. If Asus released a tool we could all install, which monitored battery usage, CPU behaviour, crash logs, etc. and which fed this info back to a central Asus database, along with serial numbers & SW versions, they could very quickly build a coherent data set which might reveal patterns as to what is causing all of these problems. This would surely help them build a better fix which would be testable against various configurations on lots of different Primes before release into the wider world.

opentoe

Dec 5, 2011
With probable hardware variances between Primes and different software, settings, etc. it strikes me that Asus could really benefit from having a comprehensive data set gathered from all of our tablets which logs detailed system information, including the causes of crashes.

At present, this information is patchy, anecdotal and posted randomly throughout different threads on this forum. If Asus released a tool we could all install, which monitored battery usage, CPU behaviour, crash logs, etc. and which fed this info back to a central Asus database, along with serial numbers & SW versions, they could very quickly build a coherent data set which might reveal patterns as to what is causing all of these problems. This would surely help them build a better fix which would be testable against various configurations on lots of different Primes before release into the wider world.

This is done in the corporate world with large networks and would work pretty well. The information that can be sent to Asus would be invaluable and be only text so it would be very small information. Of course voluntary basis, and I would.

Wordlywisewiz

Nov 25, 2011
Brattleboro
They obviously know the issue with it it is all the back plate why else would all their new tablets have plastic?? They now have to change dock colors for the 700t

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

darkphaux

Jan 25, 2012
They obviously know the issue with it it is all the back plate why else would all their new tablets have plastic?? They now have to change dock colors for the 700t

Im no engineer, but I'm pretty sure the backplate isn't causing reboots, or battery drain, or Sleep of Death.(Current, REAL issues) Infact I would say the only thing the backplate really interferes with is GPS, and partially WiFi.

I think a product wide diagnostic reporting App would be the fastest way for Asus to get to the bottom of this, and more importantly some solid statistics into a working to not working ratio of these devices. (I'd be afraid if they got all their stats from XDA polls)

With all the varying issues that people seem to have, and so many variables I'm surprised they havent done this already.

Knowing Asus they will just keep playing guess and check with frimware updates until they get /most/ of the primes working.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va

The new tf-700 backplate isn't plastic. Its using the same metal backplate as prime except for a lil plastic strip across the top. Until we see hard data n tests of wireless on new model, there's no telling how it'll perform. Even with plastic strip metal could still be a factor. We won't know for sure till tech sites review it n test it.

maddog986

Nov 4, 2010
Funny how everyone screams when they find out there is some kind of app/data tracker on devices and here is a thread where people are asking for it. WTH?!

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
Careful, they'll bake carrierIQ in to the next release. :D

Lol

Without really stopping to think, I ran my CarrierIQ remover when I first got the tablet. Cuz of all those carriers carrying it :D

However, we're not asking they do this 24/7 and without our permission, but more for a downloadable and uninstallable app which we could use as needed. But yeah, definitely don't want them using CarrierIQ for this as I would just end up removing/disabling it and we'd be in the same place (for me at least) lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Careful, they'll bake carrierIQ in to the next release. :D