General [AUBB] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update(Odin) thread (04 Mar 21) GALAXY S21 Ultra SM-G998B

Search This thread

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Battery use screengrab!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-213129_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-213129_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 113

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
I am very happy with latest update, for me battery is even a little better, easily getting 8 to 9 hrs SoT and over 3 days between charges. Also, thanks again to Henk for keeping this thread updated, you're a legend!

jigna

Dec 16, 2010
I am very happy with latest update, for me battery is even a little better, easily getting 8 to 9 hrs SoT and over 3 days between charges. Also, thanks again to Henk for keeping this thread updated, you're a legend!
Wow, your "held awake" is insanely low. Is that the S21 ultra? Mine is generally around 4hrs Held Awake and the biggest culprit is cameraservice_worker. I've given up on that issue, uninstalled GSAM so I don't have to think about it anymore

i dunno how people can judge batt life (good or bad) when the update was made available barely 48 hrs. i mean, how many batt cycles can you have in between that time frame, unless you do that 80/20 thing? per sammobile, the update for my region was available 28-Mar though that translates to 29-Mar on my end. haven't drained mine since and i've been playing/tinkering a lot with some camera snaps

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Wow, your "held awake" is insanely low. Is that the S21 ultra? Mine is generally around 4hrs Held Awake and the biggest culprit is cameraservice_worker. I've given up on that issue, uninstalled GSAM so I don't have to think about it anymore
Yip S21 ultra exynos.

amirage

• Sep 1, 2010
    Dubai
    @henklbr
    Hey please help

If i restore via odin to my same ( india version )

1)Will i void my warranty ?

2)Will the whole software and installed applications be exactly the same as i got out of the box ?

Or will there be a difference ?
    1) No. Warranty is only void when the BL is unlocked and/ or the device is rooted. In many cases, you could talk your way out with the service centre to still honor the warranty.
    2) Assuming you have downloaded the software that's for your region, then yes, the phone will be exactly how it was when you first got it.

I'm assuming you are trying to deal with your heating/ battery drain issue. If so, the next step after Odin reset is to NOT restore data from backup. You may download your apps but just be careful to not load games for now. After this, adb-shell delete all the garbage Samsung bloatware that you don't use. There's a thread here on what you can delete. Let the phone rest for 1-2 days and then load your games. If you wish to really monitor your battery usage, you can download betterbatterystats app and run the adb commands..it gives really accurate readings.

All the best.

amirage

• Sep 1, 2010
    Dubai
    This is my current firmware. Can I flash THIS firmare on top to change my csc so I can download samsung pay?
    I'm not sure flashing a ROM meant for a difference CSC would actually change your CSC and if so help you get Samsung pay. Besides, Samsung pay has a lot to do with your credit card(s) or bank(s) support. If there aren't any supported in your region, then changing the CSC won't help..I guess!

mojito0

Aug 14, 2012
    Larisa
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    I'm not sure flashing a ROM meant for a difference CSC would actually change your CSC and if so help you get Samsung pay. Besides, Samsung pay has a lot to do with your credit card(s) or bank(s) support. If there aren't any supported in your region, then changing the CSC won't help..I guess!
    I do have curve problem is samsung region locks the aps completely.

alvaretto

May 18, 2012
    Barranquilla
    Hi! I'm a former user of a S10+ which also used this OXM multi CSC, however now that I got a S21 ULTRA, the Multi CSC for my region is OWO... I noticed that for my specific CSC (COO in Colombia) the updates are taking way too long to be released, so my question is if I can pick any of the firmwares for another country also in the OWO multi CSC and flash it, and if this firmware needs to be unbranded necessarily, or if it can be from a carrier on said country. For example, I see many firmwares released in Brazil (also part of OWO) for different carriers, which are usually released before the one in my own country... Can I pick any of them and use it? I intend to flash it on top of the existing one in my phone without wiping it. Will that install any of the bloatware of that carrier?

I know I asked a lot of questions. I hope they make sense.

Thanks

Pyr0x64

Mar 7, 2010
    Merseyside
    am seeing something called Remote Support in settings menu (towards the bottom), any idea what apk that is? would like to get rid of it.
    I don't think it's installed by default.
    My phone directs to this app when I tap on view more information but the button at the bottom says "install"

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone