Audio Compatibility Patch (Formerly Universal deep_buffer Remover) [MMTEx]

Search This thread

drahtwurst

Nov 17, 2014
Berlin
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
not changing anything here with eq section of dub music player. meybe it has not seen the right choices. there is too little time to read an press yes or no while installing.

Gesendet von meinem ZTE A2017G mit Tapatalk

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
not changing anything here with eq section of dub music player. meybe it has not seen the right choices. there is too little time to read an press yes or no while installing.

Gesendet von meinem ZTE A2017G mit Tapatalk

@Zackptg5 I noticed this as well on my Pixel 4 XL (the last part of the quote) that if you don't choose a yes/no answer with the volume buttons immediately the installation will fail and you have to start over again. It speeds through the questions extremely fast and doesn't give you time to read them on the latest version.

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
@Zackptg5 I noticed this as well on my Pixel 4 XL (the last part of the quote) that if you don't choose a yes/no answer with the volume buttons immediately the installation will fail and you have to start over again. It speeds through the questions extremely fast and doesn't give you time to read them on the latest version.
You have 3 seconds plus another 3 seconds for the second chance. 6 seconds should be more than enough to read through those options

Reactions: jagdpanzer

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
You have 3 seconds plus another 3 seconds for the second chance. 6 seconds should be more than enough to read through those options
Sorry, but I disagree. Might be because I'm no native speaker, or because osd elements (of mm?) hide parts of the text (iirc), but I always need to flash it at least twice. And as selecting an item always proceeds to the next step I see no downside (at the user side) in adding some more time per step.

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
Sorry, but I disagree. Might be because I'm no native speaker, or because osd elements (of mm?) hide parts of the text (iirc), but I always need to flash it at least twice. And as selecting an item always proceeds to the next step I see no downside (at the user side) in adding some more time per step.
The timeout is just a failsafe in case something goes wrong but that's understandable, I could lengthen the time

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@Keule-T Pushed update that increased timeout time. Didn't change version number at all because it's a super minor change
Cool! One of the biggest problems is with the new MM app. The "flashing icon" in the center of the screen is a big part of the problem as it blocks the read out on it. I had a hard time keeping up with flashing the new ACP module. Also, the 3 second thing you referred to earlier.....more like a second and a half. I've already flashed it after a second try, but the extra time is welcome for next time. Thank you.

yaser86100

Jun 25, 2017
hi everyone i have question about sound quality plz help me
i know maybe this thread not ok for this question
i have mi 10 global and miui eu base version
when i played call of duty and someone called with me or notification arrived game sfx sound very buffy and reversed i test udb 3.1 version someone tell me test that but not different with udb i install with twrp
anyone have solution for this tnx
p.s: i dont root my phone and install magisk

edegg

Sep 18, 2015
Moscow
ahrion,
thanks! Patch helps on Nokia 8 with repairing OZO sound recording in stock camera. Bitrate is near 300kbps again, and stereo too :D

zamzam_asad

Dec 2, 2016
kuningan
This fixes music and streaming apps (Spotify, Pandora, etc) that aren't processing audio effects for various equalizer applications through the modification of audio policy.

Starting with v1.6 USB_policy patcher (upp) and Notification_helper remover (nhr) have been combined with acp. upp is to be used for usb dacs for v4a/jdsp. nhr is to remove notification_helper from audio_effects or delete the libvolumelistener.so binary. this prevents the "ducking" of v4a when you recive a notification and that notification comes in while playing music and v4a unprocesses and the processes again after the notification causing the volume to be extra loud. this stops that.

The vol key options are as follows :
- " Do you want to skip audio_policy patching? (Original acp before became 3in1 module)" This is asking if you want to skip what acp was before the combining of modules. if you are installing acp for spotify to process with v4a or jdsp then you'll want to select no here.
- " Would you like to skip notification_helper remover?" If you dont mind the "ducking" v4a does or if it doesnt happen or your device then you'll want to select yes here.
- " Would you like to skip usb policy patching for usb dacs?" If you dont use a USB extrenal DAC and v4a then you can select yes here.
- " - Use lib workaround? -" If you arent having issues then you can select no here. Pixel 2's, 3's, and essential phones will have this selected as yes automatically.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
Audio Compatibility Patch, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
ahrion, zackptg5, JohnFawkes
Source Code: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/acp

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: v2.3
Stable Release Date: 2020-11-10

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2020-11-10
Please helpme. I use viper but it doesn't work in all applications and games, it must be on off legecy mode.

hasandroid

Dec 6, 2016
Hi, i use this module to use my dac with viper4android. It works great but about once in 2-3 hours a stutter happens. Some milliseconds of sound is skipped. It maybe the dac turning off and on because the length changes depending on the dacs used. I tried it on other phones, different kernels and android versions it still happens. Is it because of this module or viper4android?

hasandroid

Dec 6, 2016
Hi, i use this module to use my dac with viper4android. It works great but about once in 2-3 hours a stutter happens. Some milliseconds of sound is skipped. It maybe the dac turning off and on because the length changes depending on the dacs used. I tried it on other phones, different kernels and android versions it still happens. Is it because of this module or viper4android?

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Hey people, hope everyone is well!

I installed this module on magisk 21.4, I was having a few apps that didn't work well with V4A (my device = 1+7tpro5g LOS 17.1)

The apps that weren't working well now are working better(not perfect, but better), but vlc decided to I guess disconnect from the enhancements I have set in V4A.

Do I try to set another profile and match the enhancements in V4A (trying different ones?)

If that is what's expected to be the best choice its cool, I just don't want to search for hours to come up with the answer after tons of hair pulling sessions, I'm sure plenty can relate!

Pascal3366

Jul 9, 2017
Does this patch disable the resampling to 48Khz through usb audio?

Amazon Music HD is completely useless for me because USB Audio Player Pro does not support amazon music and Android resamples everything to 48Khz.

Spaceminer

Does this patch disable the resampling to 48Khz through usb audio?

Amazon Music HD is completely useless for me because USB Audio Player Pro does not support amazon music and Android resamples everything to 48Khz.
I'm sure it doesn't do that. You need to edit /vendor/etc/usb_audio_policy_configuration.xml to change that. If you're on Android 10+ then you'll need a magisk module because the vendor partition is read only. I can make you one if that's the case, but I'll need a copy of usb_audio_policy_configuration.xml from your device, and the sampling rate you'd like to use.

ciaran.c

May 30, 2021
HI guys,
New to this whole modding community and I'm having an issue. I've rooted my s8 with pixel experience rom and magisk, and am trying to get my phone to play audio out through usb when connected to my jds element 2. Been trying to get audio compatibility patch to work, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

innit

@Keule-T Pushed update that increased timeout time. Didn't change version number at all because it's a super minor change
For some reason I am not able to install this module anymore. It worked fine few weeks ago though. I then flashed new firmware on my S20 (as I do every month), set up the phone the exact same way as usual, installed all the same magisk modules as always and every single one worked except for this one. Any ideas as to why? I attached a log and a screenshot.

Attachments

• AML-2.3.jpg
    AML-2.3.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 84

DAXX

Apr 14, 2014
Los Angeles
OnePlus 8 Pro
This fixes music and streaming apps (Spotify, Pandora, etc) that aren't processing audio effects for various equalizer applications through the modification of audio policy.

Starting with v1.6 USB_policy patcher (upp) and Notification_helper remover (nhr) have been combined with acp. upp is to be used for usb dacs for v4a/jdsp. nhr is to remove notification_helper from audio_effects or delete the libvolumelistener.so binary. this prevents the "ducking" of v4a when you recive a notification and that notification comes in while playing music and v4a unprocesses and the processes again after the notification causing the volume to be extra loud. this stops that.

- " Do you want to skip audio_policy patching? (Original acp before became 3in1 module)" This is asking if you want to skip what acp was before the combining of modules. if you are installing acp for spotify to process with v4a or jdsp then you'll want to select no here.
- " Would you like to skip notification_helper remover?" If you dont mind the "ducking" v4a does or if it doesnt happen or your device then you'll want to select yes here.
- " Would you like to skip usb policy patching for usb dacs?" If you dont use a USB extrenal DAC and v4a then you can select yes here.
- " - Use lib workaround? -" If you arent having issues then you can select no here. Pixel 2's, 3's, and essential phones will have this selected as yes automatically.

Download

Contributors

Version Information
Stable

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2020-11-10
Does this work on Oneplus 8 Pro running Android 11?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2017-03-21
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    In light of recent discoveries, udbr has been redone and rereleased as Audio Compatibility Patch. The reasoning behind this is:
    • raw also needs removed in addition to deep_buffer on some devices
    • Instead of commenting out or removing deep_buffer and raw, we can instead change the flags to 'AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_FAST'
    These together make this a more complete solution and should fix lots of compatibility issues some users were having.
    Instructions:
    - Do not use this version with any v1.4/1.5 or v2.4/2.5 Audio Modification Version.
    - Before installing, uninstall Audio Modification Library and any other mods that do not use the latest Unity/AML v2.0
    - Reboot after uninstall
    - Install

[UPDATED] Universal deep_buffer Remover
    v3.0:
    - Reworked the way deep_buffer removals function when a user uninstalls
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Massive installer and script overhaul
    - Unity v2.0: Added autouninstall (if mod is already installed and you flash same version zip again, it'll uninstall), thus removing the need for an uninstall zip
    - Unity v2.0: Added file/folder backup/restore of modified files
    - Unity v2.0: Added file/folder backup/restore of normally wiped files
    - Unity v2.0: Added Osm0sis @ xda-developers uninstaller idea (just add "uninstall" to zip name and it'll function as uninstaller)
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Added phh's SuperUser and LOS su support (note, LOS doesn't support sepolicy patching)
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Added proxy library to AML to allow the proxy effects found in multiple audio modules
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Added support for Magisk imgs located in /cache/audmodlib
    - Unity v2.0: Added system_root support for Pixel devices
    - Unity v2.0: Added system override (if you're on magisk but would rather have it install to system, add word "system" to zip name and it'll install everything but scripts to system)
    - Unity v2.0: Add Unity system props
    - Unity v2.0: Added vendor fix for Nexus devices
    - Unty/AML v2.0: AML functionality and uses overhauled
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Bug fixes
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Modified Unity Installer to allow use for non AML modules
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Moved scripts from Magisk .core to the individual module folder due to .core limitations
    - Unity/AML v2.0: New modular approach - no need to modify update-binary anymore: check instructions for more details on how this works
    - Unity v2.0: Reworked addon.d system install scripts
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Removed AML cache workaround by reworking AML changes via magisk_merge
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Reworked AML vendor audio_effects to not be overwritten by system audio_effects by commenting out conflicting lines
    - Unity v2.0: Reworked script permissions
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Update sepolicy for Magisk 13+
    - Unity/AML v2.0: Updated to Magisk module template 1400

Download

Previous Changelogs (Universal deep_buffer Remover):

HTML:
    v2.4
    	- AudModLib v1.4 update which changes SELinux live patching to allow better compatibility between different devices, kernels, and roms; while also keeping the amount of "allowances" to a minumum
    	- AudModLib v1.4: changed post-fs-data(.d)/service(.d) shell script names for cosmetic recognition
    	- AudModLib v1.4: merge SuperSU shell script with MagiskSU post-fs-data(.d) script for less fragmentation
    	- AudModLib v1.4: added /cache/audmodlib.log to determine if script has run successfully
    	- AudModLib v1.4: more audio policy files and various mixer_paths files are now included in the framework
    	- Install script changes that include: major update to Pixel (A/B OTA) support, mounting changes, improved script efficiency, fixes & consolidation, and cosmetic fixes
    	- Add/fix proper addon.d support
    	- Add more deep_buffer remover compatibility between differing devices and ROMs

v2.3
    	- AudModLib v1.3 update push which includes the script addition to allow various audio mods working with SELinux Enforcing
    	- Remove (audmodlib)service.sh and replace with post-fs-data(.d) audmodlib.sh, which should fix when root may be lost upon installing certain mods

v2.2
    	- Added audmodlib.sh post-fs-data.d script
    	- Install script fixes
    	- post-fs-data.d script fixes
    	- Push AudModLib v1.2 hotfixes

v2.1
    	- AudModLib v1.1 hotfix for bootloops issues on some devices

v2.0
    	- Initial Magisk release
    ACP has been updated to unity v3.2. This'll be the last update from me (@JohnFawkes is taking over)
    Since I'm going to be much more busy in the coming months, I'm passing on this mod to @JohnFawkes who's been nothing short of amazing with helping me out with unity and these mods. Welcome aboard! :)