Please read the first few posts thoroughly before you proceed to do anything. Asking questions that can be found in first page will simply be ignored.
This thread is mainly for EXYNOS variant ONLY, some discussion about other variant is fine, but please keep in mind that I'm using an Exynos version and have no experience with SafeTrap/how Snapdragon version works.
For SNAPDRAGON variant, please go to this thread.
The FIRST standalone Samsung SoundAlive Dolby Atmos zip installer featured on XDA Portal, 17 July 2018https://www.xda-developers.com/dolby-atmos-samsung-galaxy-s9-galaxy-s8/.
Since no one has posted a standalone S9 Dolby Atmos flashable zip yet, so I just make one during my semester break.
Tested and confirmed to be working on GoogleWiz V81 - September build(CRI5), should work on other TouchWiz based ROMs(with stock audio) too. *Please test and let me know.
Here's something that you can use to test it:
The best way to test is to switch between music and movie mode.
Official Dolby Atmos Trailers
You can play the videos with VLC
- Please note that the installer will not backup your current system files, it will just overwrite them directly.
- It is recommended that you backup your current setup before you flash the zip.
- It is also recommended that you restore your system's original files every time before you install an updated version of the libs installer.
- If you just want to update/enable Dolby Atmos without upgrading your SoundAlive app, you may flash the Dolby Atmos Libs installer only without flashing the SoundAlive apk zip.
- You should still get Dolby Atmos enabled, just that some new functions might be missing from your pre stone age SoundAlive app, eg: Game Mode
If you wish to update the SoundAlive App, it is recommended that you follow the instructions below:
- Uninstall SoundAlive updates in Settings
- Install System app remover[ROOT] to uninstall SoundAlive
- Flash SoundAlive installer zip
[For devices other than S8]
Below are some installation tricks that some users said to be working on their end, no one actually know if it is true, so do it at your own risk:
logcat | grep SAEffectManager
07-20 16:56:32.776 6454 6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewSoundAliveInstance start***** 07-20 16:56:32.833 6454 6454 D SAEffectManager: *****newSoundAliveEffect create Sucessfully***** 07-20 16:56:32.833 6454 6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewSoundAliveInstance end**** 07-20 16:56:32.833 6454 6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance start***** 07-20 16:56:32.835 6454 6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance create Sucessfully***** 07-20 16:56:32.835 6454 6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance end****
- Post a clear screenshot/txt content of the logcat
- Tell me what device are you using, which processor it uses and what Android version it runs
- Give me some info about the ROM that you are using, like a link and a brief description about what the ROM based on.
- *If you use some heavily modded ROM that modified the audio in any way (random audio mods, viper, etc), please keep in mind that they might not be compatible with my mod, I don't use nor I will try those mods and thus I won't be able to help.
*Please note that I won't be replying to questions in PM, questions in this thread without sufficient information will also be ignored.
xpirt for his amazing work
SilentWorld for his findings to enable Dolby Atmos on speaker
foobar66 for his service.d script as ref
guitardedhero for his updater-script as ref
SoLdieR9312 for his S8 and S9 ROM
rifek4 on Telegram for saving me some time to extract vendor.img
And of course Samsung and Dolby