[AUDIO][EXYNOS][OREO][V-1.7.0] Samsung SoundAlive Dolby Atmos - EOL

Search This thread

ImbaWind

Jul 12, 2011
?
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please read the first few posts thoroughly before you proceed to do anything. Asking questions that can be found in first page will simply be ignored.
This thread is mainly for EXYNOS variant ONLY, some discussion about other variant is fine, but please keep in mind that I'm using an Exynos version and have no experience with SafeTrap/how Snapdragon version works.
For SNAPDRAGON variant, please go to this thread.

Hi all,
Since no one has posted a standalone S9 Dolby Atmos flashable zip yet, so I just make one during my semester break.

Tested and confirmed to be working on GoogleWiz V81 - September build(CRI5), should work on other TouchWiz based ROMs(with stock audio) too. *Please test and let me know.

Here's something that you can use to test it:
The best way to test is to switch between music and movie mode.
Official Dolby Atmos Trailers
You can play the videos with VLC

Installation
  • Please note that the installer will not backup your current system files, it will just overwrite them directly.
  • It is recommended that you backup your current setup before you flash the zip.
  • It is also recommended that you restore your system's original files every time before you install an updated version of the libs installer.
[Dolby Atmos Libs & Files]
  • If you just want to update/enable Dolby Atmos without upgrading your SoundAlive app, you may flash the Dolby Atmos Libs installer only without flashing the SoundAlive apk zip.
  • You should still get Dolby Atmos enabled, just that some new functions might be missing from your pre stone age SoundAlive app, eg: Game Mode

[SoundAlive App]
If you wish to update the SoundAlive App, it is recommended that you follow the instructions below:
  1. Uninstall SoundAlive updates in Settings
  2. Install System app remover[ROOT] to uninstall SoundAlive
  3. Flash SoundAlive installer zip

[For devices other than S8]
Below are some installation tricks that some users said to be working on their end, no one actually know if it is true, so do it at your own risk:

Troubleshooting
Code:
logcat | grep SAEffectManager
Check if it at least returns something like this:
Code:
07-20 16:56:32.776  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewSoundAliveInstance start*****
07-20 16:56:32.833  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****newSoundAliveEffect create Sucessfully*****
07-20 16:56:32.833  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewSoundAliveInstance end****
07-20 16:56:32.833  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance start*****
07-20 16:56:32.835  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance create Sucessfully*****
07-20 16:56:32.835  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance end****

1. Post a clear screenshot/txt content of the logcat
  2. Tell me what device are you using, which processor it uses and what Android version it runs
  3. Give me some info about the ROM that you are using, like a link and a brief description about what the ROM based on.
  4. *If you use some heavily modded ROM that modified the audio in any way (random audio mods, viper, etc), please keep in mind that they might not be compatible with my mod, I don't use nor I will try those mods and thus I won't be able to help.

*Please note that I won't be replying to questions in PM, questions in this thread without sufficient information will also be ignored.

Credits:
xpirt for his amazing work
SilentWorld for his findings to enable Dolby Atmos on speaker
foobar66 for his service.d script as ref
guitardedhero for his updater-script as ref
SoLdieR9312 for his S8 and S9 ROM
rifek4 on Telegram for saving me some time to extract vendor.img
And of course Samsung and Dolby

Attachments

• 37357032_10212739134653362_4701625648672669696_n.jpg
    37357032_10212739134653362_4701625648672669696_n.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 26,677
  • 37323924_10212739134933369_2607431605534326784_n.jpg
    37323924_10212739134933369_2607431605534326784_n.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 26,713
  • 37281800_10212739135933394_6371560550274433024_n.jpg
    37281800_10212739135933394_6371560550274433024_n.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 26,534
Last edited:

ImbaWind

Jul 12, 2011
?
D0wnI0ad and ch4ngel0g

SoundAlive Apk Flashable Installer
You might have to uninstall current version first before you flash.
See 'Installation' on main post
Latest version - 9.1.06 - With new Game Mode
View attachment SoundAlive_9.1.06.zip

Dolby Atmos Libs Installer
V-1.7.0 (16 Dec 2018)
  • The installer now edits the audio_effects.conf instead of replacing the entire file.

V-1.6.0 (9 Dec 2018)
  • Added a line in floating_feature.xml that's supposed to enable Dolby Atmos on speakers regardless of the version of SoundAlive. Credit to @SilentWorld for his findings.
  • New set_floating.sh to edit floating_feature.xml dynamically instead of replacing the file for higher compatibility with other phones
  • Removed a few libraries that are related to SoundAlive but not directly related to Dolby Atmos to increase compatibility
  • Speaker volume should be as loud as stock since related files which might cause the problem have been removed.
  • Removed a few Dolby's AC4 & DDP files since I can't get them to work/I don't know how to test if they worked
  • EDIT: AC4 & DDP may require complete stagefright libs port to work
  • Further edited some Samsung props in Dolby Atmos's libs to increase compatibility
  • Added a file in services.d based on foobar66's script to (hopefully) enable Dolby and UHQ tiles automatically

V-1.5.1 (21 July 2018)
Fixed a typo in folder's name (/system/etc/permission , should be 'permissions'), will not affect ROM with SoundAlive pre-installed as they will have this file already.

V-1.5 (20 July 2018)
Added lib dependencies - Should increases compatibility with older devices
Updated SoundBooster parameters
Removed duplicated /system/lib/soundfx/libaudiosa.so

V-1.4 (18 July 2018)
Moved SoundAlive.apk to a separated zip
This zip now installs libs only.

V-1.3 (18 July 2018)
Updated Dolby Atmos and SoundAlive libs from SM-G965F BRF8(Same as BRG6)
Updated to SoundAlive v8.0.63
Dolby libs patched to not mess with original build properties, thanks to xpirt for showing that this is possible
Added libs missing from the previous version, now SoundAlive is fully using S9's libs properly
*For those who wonder how the lib patching is done

V-1.2 (17 July 2018) by xpirt
Fixed flashable zip with with patched libs.

V-1.1 (1 July 2018)
Updated some files.

V-1.0 (29 June 2018)
Initial release.
SoundAlive v8.0.55
Libs extracted from BRF8

(Almost)Complete Audio Libraries from S9+ BRG6
No difference in sound IMO, but here it is:
View attachment BRG6_AUDIO_LIBS.zip

Magisk Module
If you encountered any issues using this module, please report the issue in the module's thread instead.
I won't be able to help with Magisk module as I have no expertise in that. Reporting issues caused by the module without stating so wouldn't help you either even if I replied you since that reply might be irrelevant.
Magisk Module maintained by Electric1447

Attachments

• Dolby_Installer_1.5.1.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 10,601
  • Dolby_Installer_1.6.0.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,346
  • Dolby_Installer_1.7.0.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,711
Last edited:

ImbaWind

Jul 12, 2011
?
Information Section
Feel free to reuse my work in your ROM, MOD, whatever.
You do not need a permission from me. (Why should you?)

/system/build.prop
Code:
dolby.fake.model=SM-G965F
dolby.fake.device=star2lte
dolby.fake.brand=samsung
dolby.fake.manufacturer=samsung

/system/etc/floating-feature.xml
Code:
<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_CONFIG_SOUNDALIVE>52</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_CONFIG_SOUNDALIVE>
<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_MMFW_SUPPORT_DOLBY_AUDIO>TRUE</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_MMFW_SUPPORT_DOLBY_AUDIO>
<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_SUPPORT_PSEUDO_DUAL_SPEAKER>TRUE</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_AUDIO_SUPPORT_PSEUDO_DUAL_SPEAKER>

/system/csc/feature.xml
or
cscfeature.xml

in
Code:
<CscFeature_SystemUI_ConfigDefQuickSettingItem> </CscFeature_SystemUI_ConfigDefQuickSettingItem>
add
Code:
Dolby,UHQ

or in terminal, type
Code:
su
pm enable com.sec.android.app.soundalive/com.sec.android.app.soundalive.DolbyTile
pm enable com.sec.android.app.soundalive/com.sec.android.app.soundalive.UHQTile

to enable Dolby and UHQ Upscaler tiles in statusbar.

/system/etc/audio_effects.conf:
Add this within libraries{ }
Code:
# Dolby AudioEffect
  dap {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libswdap.so
  }

and this within effects { }
Code:
# Dolby AudioEffect
  dap {
    library dap
    uuid 9d4921da-8225-4f29-aefa-39537a04bcaa
  }

To patch the libs so that it doesn't require edits to original build properties lines, read this post.
/system/lib/soundfx/libswdap.so
View attachment 4552563

/system/lib64/soundfx/libswdap.so
View attachment 4552564

Libs
Code:
libmyspace.so -> lib_SoundAlive_3DPosition_ver202
libsamsungSoundbooster_plus.so -> lib_SoundBooster_ver900.so [Device Specific]
libaudiosaplus_sec.so -> lib_SoundAlive_play_plus_ver210.so
libaudiosa.so -> libswdap.so (ARM/ARM64) [Device Specific]

Last edited:

ImbaWind

Jul 12, 2011
?
Are you sure it didn't work for you?
It did edit the build.prop correctly on my end.
Check if your build.prop ends with this after flashing the zip:
Code:
#
# DOLBY
#
ro.product.model=SM-G960F
ro.build.flavor=starltexx-user
ro.build.product=starlte
ro.product.name=starltexx
ro.product.device=starlte
@others
Try the attached video, switching between music and movie to hear the difference, if there's no difference, try to attach
Code:
 logcat | grep Dolby

Last edited:

izimen

Apr 8, 2012
Paris
I installed it but can I activate it with my headphones is normal?

Last edited:

sefadrin

Jun 5, 2010
It work without headphone, just replace sound alive apk l, i used the one from alexis rom
Thanks a lot mate.
I get SoundAlive_52.apk from Alexis rom and replace it and everything is fine.
WARNING:Replace SoundAlive apk after flashing Dolby.zip.
If you don't do it,you lose true apk.
My advice to developer;change S8 SoundAlive.apk to bottom apk.
I add SoundAlive_52.apk from Alexis rom below.
EDIT:With this apk,dolby working for speaker.

Attachments

• SoundAlive_52.apk
    670.3 KB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:

raj.ayush78

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks a lot mate.
I get SoundAlive_52.apk from Alexis rom and replace it and everything is fine.
WARNING:Replace SoundAlive apk after flashing Dolby.zip.
If you don't do it,you lose true apk.
My advice to developer;change S8 SoundAlive.apk to bottom apk.
I add SoundAlive_52.apk from Alexis rom below.
It says app not installed. Dolby working perfectly in earphones but not on speaker. I am on googlewiz crd1

Reactions: Has_anDroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Please read the first few posts thoroughly before you proceed to do anything. Asking questions that can be found in first page will simply be ignored.
    This thread is mainly for EXYNOS variant ONLY, some discussion about other variant is fine, but please keep in mind that I'm using an Exynos version and have no experience with SafeTrap/how Snapdragon version works.
    For SNAPDRAGON variant, please go to this thread.

Hi all,
    Since no one has posted a standalone S9 Dolby Atmos flashable zip yet, so I just make one during my semester break.

Tested and confirmed to be working on GoogleWiz V81 - September build(CRI5), should work on other TouchWiz based ROMs(with stock audio) too. *Please test and let me know.

Here's something that you can use to test it:
    The best way to test is to switch between music and movie mode.
    Official Dolby Atmos Trailers
    You can play the videos with VLC

Installation
    • Please note that the installer will not backup your current system files, it will just overwrite them directly.
    • It is recommended that you backup your current setup before you flash the zip.
    • It is also recommended that you restore your system's original files every time before you install an updated version of the libs installer.
    [Dolby Atmos Libs & Files]
    • If you just want to update/enable Dolby Atmos without upgrading your SoundAlive app, you may flash the Dolby Atmos Libs installer only without flashing the SoundAlive apk zip.
    • You should still get Dolby Atmos enabled, just that some new functions might be missing from your pre stone age SoundAlive app, eg: Game Mode

[SoundAlive App]
    If you wish to update the SoundAlive App, it is recommended that you follow the instructions below:
    1. Uninstall SoundAlive updates in Settings
    2. Install System app remover[ROOT] to uninstall SoundAlive
    3. Flash SoundAlive installer zip

[For devices other than S8]
    Below are some installation tricks that some users said to be working on their end, no one actually know if it is true, so do it at your own risk:

Troubleshooting
    Code:
    logcat | grep SAEffectManager
    Check if it at least returns something like this:
    Code:
    07-20 16:56:32.776  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewSoundAliveInstance start*****
    07-20 16:56:32.833  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****newSoundAliveEffect create Sucessfully*****
    07-20 16:56:32.833  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewSoundAliveInstance end****
    07-20 16:56:32.833  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance start*****
    07-20 16:56:32.835  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance create Sucessfully*****
    07-20 16:56:32.835  6454  6454 D SAEffectManager: *****getNewDolbyInstance end****

1. Post a clear screenshot/txt content of the logcat
    2. Tell me what device are you using, which processor it uses and what Android version it runs
    3. Give me some info about the ROM that you are using, like a link and a brief description about what the ROM based on.
    4. *If you use some heavily modded ROM that modified the audio in any way (random audio mods, viper, etc), please keep in mind that they might not be compatible with my mod, I don't use nor I will try those mods and thus I won't be able to help.

*Please note that I won't be replying to questions in PM, questions in this thread without sufficient information will also be ignored.

Credits:
    xpirt for his amazing work
    SilentWorld for his findings to enable Dolby Atmos on speaker
    foobar66 for his service.d script as ref
    guitardedhero for his updater-script as ref
    SoLdieR9312 for his S8 and S9 ROM
    rifek4 on Telegram for saving me some time to extract vendor.img
    And of course Samsung and Dolby
    D0wnI0ad and ch4ngel0g

SoundAlive Apk Flashable Installer
    You might have to uninstall current version first before you flash.
    See 'Installation' on main post
    Latest version - 9.1.06 - With new Game Mode
    View attachment SoundAlive_9.1.06.zip

Dolby Atmos Libs Installer
    V-1.7.0 (16 Dec 2018)
    • The installer now edits the audio_effects.conf instead of replacing the entire file.

V-1.6.0 (9 Dec 2018)
    • Added a line in floating_feature.xml that's supposed to enable Dolby Atmos on speakers regardless of the version of SoundAlive. Credit to @SilentWorld for his findings.
    • New set_floating.sh to edit floating_feature.xml dynamically instead of replacing the file for higher compatibility with other phones
    • Removed a few libraries that are related to SoundAlive but not directly related to Dolby Atmos to increase compatibility
    • Speaker volume should be as loud as stock since related files which might cause the problem have been removed.
    • Removed a few Dolby's AC4 & DDP files since I can't get them to work/I don't know how to test if they worked
    • EDIT: AC4 & DDP may require complete stagefright libs port to work
    • Further edited some Samsung props in Dolby Atmos's libs to increase compatibility
    • Added a file in services.d based on foobar66's script to (hopefully) enable Dolby and UHQ tiles automatically

V-1.5.1 (21 July 2018)
    Fixed a typo in folder's name (/system/etc/permission , should be 'permissions'), will not affect ROM with SoundAlive pre-installed as they will have this file already.

V-1.5 (20 July 2018)
    Added lib dependencies - Should increases compatibility with older devices
    Updated SoundBooster parameters
    Removed duplicated /system/lib/soundfx/libaudiosa.so

V-1.4 (18 July 2018)
    Moved SoundAlive.apk to a separated zip
    This zip now installs libs only.

V-1.3 (18 July 2018)
    Updated Dolby Atmos and SoundAlive libs from SM-G965F BRF8(Same as BRG6)
    Updated to SoundAlive v8.0.63
    Dolby libs patched to not mess with original build properties, thanks to xpirt for showing that this is possible
    Added libs missing from the previous version, now SoundAlive is fully using S9's libs properly
    *For those who wonder how the lib patching is done

V-1.2 (17 July 2018) by xpirt
    Fixed flashable zip with with patched libs.

V-1.1 (1 July 2018)
    Updated some files.

V-1.0 (29 June 2018)
    Initial release.
    SoundAlive v8.0.55
    Libs extracted from BRF8

(Almost)Complete Audio Libraries from S9+ BRG6
    No difference in sound IMO, but here it is:
    View attachment BRG6_AUDIO_LIBS.zip

Magisk Module
    If you encountered any issues using this module, please report the issue in the module's thread instead.
    I won't be able to help with Magisk module as I have no expertise in that. Reporting issues caused by the module without stating so wouldn't help you either even if I replied you since that reply might be irrelevant.
    Magisk Module maintained by Electric1447
    @ImbaWind

I've repacked your flashable zip with swdap libs hex-edited to work without editing sensible ro.product lines, now they will look for these ones instead:
    Code:
    dolby.fake.model=SM-G960F
    dolby.fake.device=starlte
    (which the updater-script will automatically add)

feel free to use them and OP needs updated too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2mxaSyjURVzKW7rBWInWIyuuqIlsY5Y/view?usp=sharing
    Use just latest Dolby install and SoundAlive - in this case pick only one version (use the one that fits your needs best)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Well like you said i installed this way but got Sound Alive stop working after trying to open Dolby presets. I founded to work this way :
    1. Installed Dolby_Installer_1.5.1.zip + SoundAlive_8.0.21.zip + BRG6_AUDIO_LIBS.zip ( wiped after install )
    2. Restart to system
    3. Trying to open ( force close )
    4. Restart to Recovery
    5. Installed SoundAlive_8.0.63.zip ( wiped after install )
    6. Restart to system
    7. Trying to open ( working for headphones )
    8. Restart to recovery
    9. Installed SoundAlive_8.0.21.zip ( wiped after install )
    10. Restart to system
    11. Open setting ( all is working )

Was trying normal way but didnt work ( Soldier 7.1 rom )
    here are the fixed flashable zip with with patched libs using latest soundalive or previous version (reported working by some):

- Dolby_Installer_1.2_SoundAlive-8.0.21_xpirt.zip
    - Dolby_Installer_1.2_SoundAlive-8.0.55_xpirt.zip