Aroma HK / BS / JBL Switcher
- Flash the Harman/Kardon function of the Harman/Kardon Sprint M8 to stock GSM, VZW, and Sprint phones
- Flash the BoomSound function back to all phones, make the Sprint H/K Phone a BoomSound phone (theoretically working, untested).
- Flash the JBL Audio function of the Butterfly 2 to stock GSM and Sprint phones (much like H/K, mostly a cosmetic difference)
- Each function being selectable in a neat Aroma UI, flashable via recovery.
- S-OFF is mandatory - do NOT try to flash the ADSP to S-ON Phones - the risks are unexplored. Damage might be inflicted!
- S-ON and S-OFF Harman/Kardon Phones can use this mod too to restore their HK functionality on ROM's that only come with BoomSound like e.g. ViperOneM8!
- Recovery to flash: needs to be a current TWRP! NO Philz, NO CWM please!
- HTC Marshmallow Sense ROM! No AOSP, AOKP, Cyanogen, GPE or whatever Senseless...
- Updated files for JBL option from the Official Butterfly 2 4.10.709.2 MM release, including the addition of the JBL ADSP
- Updated the ability to flash the JBL Audio function of the Butterfly 2 from last update to now include the Verizon M8 as well
- Added the ability to flash the JBL Audio function of the Butterfly 2 to stock GSM and Sprint phones
(much like H/K, mostly a cosmetic difference and not yet working for Vzw)
- Made edits to installer script to change the value for the effect manager id for each audio option chosen
- Updated Verizon logo/icon in aroma (cosmetic change only)
- Removed Beta tag/considered stable
- Fixed some file duplicates from Beta 2 upload
- Added HTC Audio Configuration from HK and stock configs for return to BS
- Updated to Android 6.0.0 and latest ADSP’s for both HK and BS.
- Updated BoomSound files to 6.12.401.4, HK files to 6.20.654.3
- Executing shell scripts from TMP again rather than RAM - the ram method stopped working for some reason.
- Added Sprint HK "Stagefright" vulnerability patch to mod (source: Sprint HK security OTA) - unlocks 192KHz/24Bit files on Boomsound too, unexpected side-effect.
- Added all other HK related files that were updated by HTC/Sprint with 4.25.654.18 OTA
- Reworked the whole file setup with Santod040's diffing job (MASSIVE thanks) and my own humble clean-up job. Should fix BT stutter.
- Corrected Harman/Kardon Lollipop files. Seems, I had an unclean source.
- replaced the script to edit settings with the universal version from @EarlyMon to hopefully fix some carriers not changing settings (THX!)
- Executing said shell scripts from RAM rather than /tmp - minimize copy fails
- Updated to Android 5.0.1 and latest ADSP’s for both HK and BS.
- Updated BoomSound files to 4.16.401.10, HK files to 4.20.654.10
- Replaced Verizon HK and BS Settings with mod from @santod040 (THANKS!)
Tested on: see post #2!
- On 5.0.x: With ViperOneM8, there is a sporadic Settings-FC when enabling Bluetooth for the first time after changing to Harman/Kardon
Some release notes:
- People on Lollipop ROM's please refer to 4.3.1 Version! 5.0.x is Marshmallow only!
- Harman/Kardon ADSP 6.2.2 seems to be serving BoomSound just as well, again. So, you actually only need to swap to HK ADSP once, and leave that one in, even when going back to BoomSound.
- The new 5.0.x switcher works with Marshmallow files for GSM and Sprint. On VZW it works with ported MM ROM's, but not with older LP ROM's.
Additional Info for interested people
The logic of the File setup can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxXC00mpjq8cBgZUz0jOLx20qrC5W4JY0ZrbbBmG81M/pubhtml It has been updated to reflect the current 5.0.0 (Mod) version.
A little disclaimer:
We take no responsibility for any damage done to your device following a flash of the ADSP image with our flasher. You are aware that flashing firmware partitions always carries a risk of damaging your phone. You agree to not hold us responsible for damage arising out of you yourself deciding to flash this after we have clearly pointed out the attached risks.
Go to everyone who contributed to porting the Harman/Kardon feature from the original Sprint HK M8, on both original threads from Scrosler and Baadnewz. I wish to express my gratitude for this community effort. Some names that stood out most and whose work was directly or indirectly put into the Aroma version of the mod:
scottsroms.com - for maintaining the original mod - THANKS!
@Steve0007 - for digging through the files and finding stuff
@santod040 - for doing the major workload by now (Version 5) and all the help before - THANKS!
@benny3 - for providing files originally on Scrosler's and Baadnewz threads.
@O.M.J - for providing files originally on Scrosler's and Baadnewz threads.
@EarlyMon for original shell scripting - thanks a ton!
@Captain_Throwback - universal wizardry, know-it-all, professional attitude
@baadnewz - the great initiator
@lyapota - the great initiator part two, and for scripting.
@ivicask - for the idea and being a very capable file monkey
@nkk71 - for double checking and advising on scripts in version 5
Thank you, Guys!
Marshmallow version 5.0.3 (or check DevDB download tab)
Lollipop Version 4.3.1 is here or check downloads tab of DevDB.
Optional Kernel: (Marshmallow only)
This will take care of any issues with High BitRate Flac audio files that don't play properly.
This is a stock Harman Kardon kernel which uses the AnyKernel method of install, so it won't touch your current ramdisk.
Viper4Android Aroma Installer - Compatible with HK/BS/JBL Switcher:
See My V4A Mod Posted Here
Audio [MOD][2016.02.15] - HK - BS - JBL / Aroma Switcher 5.0.3 / ADSP v62.2.2, ROM for the HTC One (M8)
Sneakyghost, Santod040, Captain_throwback
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Current Stable Version: 5.0.4
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-15
Current Beta Version: 5.0.0
Beta Release Date: 2016-01-31
Last Updated 2016-02-16