• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Audio mod] DolbyAtmos [Nougat]

Search This thread

CrsMthw

Oct 20, 2016
Hey Guys!! So I was pretty frustrated that none of the existing audio mods work on the newly released Nougat roms for S6 edge+ and Note 5 (or at least none of the existing audio mods that I have tried). So I went ahead and made my own version of Dolby Atmos mod that works on the new Nougat roms.
Should work on pretty much all the new Samsung devices on nougat, starting from the S6 and maybe even non Samsung devices.
Does not require SELinux to be permissive or anything as such. Don't Worry ;)

Also check out my Viper4Android (Nougat) post here

Tested devices:
- S6 edge+
- Note 5
- OnePlus One
- Huawei P9 Lite
(Please report below if it works on other devices)

Screenshot:

R41TCsWl.png

Installation:
Simply flash the attached zip file in TWRP and reboot.
You will find Dolby Atmos app on your phone.

Update:
V2 added with much better icon. Credits to @gtaelbordo for the icon.

Download Mirror:
MEGA

Thanks and Credits:
@worstenbrood for the original Dolby Atmos mod!

Hope you like it. Leave a Thanks if you do. :good:
Also join me on telegram chat at https://t.me/su_community
See you soon!

Attachments

• CrisFix-DolbyAtmos-V2.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 21,690
Last edited:

gtaelbordo

Mar 29, 2015
Berlin
old comment: i will try it

okay it works thanks for the first mod for android nougat:)Can you pls update the appicon looks horrible .. the quality is poor

Last edited:

CrsMthw

Oct 20, 2016
thanks too:D good luuck
mhm okay it looks good now.. after rebooting my phone.. with another rom

Updated with the icon you provided.. Credits have been added to OP.. Try it out ;)
will add to note 5 thread now.. boot animation I will add later after updating it

UPDATE: added thread to Note 5 android development

Last edited:

gtaelbordo

Mar 29, 2015
Berlin
Updated with the icon you provided.. Credits have been added to OP.. Try it out ;)
will add to note 5 thread now.. boot animation I will add later after updating it

UPDATE: added thread to Note 5 android development

THANKS, PayPal Donation?
man good work:) the new icon looks nice :) maybe for the next update a circle icon.^^ but really nice:)
good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170209-163502.png
    Screenshot_20170209-163502.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 809
  • Screenshot_20170209-163733.jpg
    Screenshot_20170209-163733.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:

CrsMthw

Oct 20, 2016
THANKS, PayPal Donation?
man good work:) the new icon looks nice :) maybe for the next update a circle icon.^^ but really nice:)
good

A friend of mine and me, will get viper4android working in the next update.. so it will be ViperAtmos ;) Maybe will make a new thread.. so keep your eyes peeled!!
Also I don't have paypal yet. will make one! but thanks for your kindness :)

Reactions: Guiry

gtaelbordo

Mar 29, 2015
Berlin
A friend of mine and me, will get viper4android working in the next update.. so it will be ViperAtmos ;) Maybe will make a new thread.. so keep your eyes peeled!!
Also I don't have paypal yet. will make one! but thanks for your kindness :)

okay good:) i will. but pls post link here so i get an email (i added you as friend so i can see your new threads:D)

Last edited:

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Hey Guys!! So I was pretty frustrated that none of the existing audio mods work on the newly released Nougat roms for S6 edge+ and Note 5 (or at least none of the existing audio mods that I have tried). So I went ahead and made my own version of Dolby Atmos mod (ported from a Lenovo rom) that works on the new Nougat roms. Even though it was specifically made for nougat it should work on older versions too.
Also should work on pretty much all the new Samsung devices starting from the S6 and maybe even non Samsung devices.

Screenshot:

R41TCsWl.png

Installation:

Update:

Download Mirror:
https://mega.nz/#!ZR9jnJDD!E_P5OzGV8-JOw6VECFVW8JFTtkETr6XKrCRNtJKVZes

See you soon!
Nougat has been released for s6?

I'm still on marshmallow

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys!! So I was pretty frustrated that none of the existing audio mods work on the newly released Nougat roms for S6 edge+ and Note 5 (or at least none of the existing audio mods that I have tried). So I went ahead and made my own version of Dolby Atmos mod that works on the new Nougat roms.
    Should work on pretty much all the new Samsung devices on nougat, starting from the S6 and maybe even non Samsung devices.

Also check out my Viper4Android (Nougat) post here

Tested devices:
    - S6 edge+
    - Note 5
    - OnePlus One
    - Huawei P9 Lite
    (Please report below if it works on other devices)

Screenshot:

R41TCsWl.png

Installation:

Update:

Download Mirror:
    MEGA

Thanks and Credits:
    @worstenbrood for the original Dolby Atmos mod!

See you soon!
    Coming soon... ;)
    I am using OnePlus One with TugaPower N21 ROM (based on Android version 7.1.1). I flashed the .zip file through TWRP and got infinite FCs after reboot. I tried again after renaming the arkamys_audio folder, but faced same problem. I could not access anything on my phone due to never ending error messages. Finally I dirty flashed the same ROM again and got rid of the error. Now I found that the "Dolby Atmos" app is listed, but if I try to run the app, it displays the Dolby ATMOS logo followed by "Dolby Atmos keeps stopping. Close app" error. I cannot uninstall the app as I only get the options "Disable" and "Force Stop", but not "Uninstall".

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I am on the same device and ROM, but it does not work for me. I got infinite FCs.
    Before any more flashing, be sure to backup your important personal files. From recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, DELETE the arkamys folder after mounting system (you can always reflash the old Dolby), re-flash this CrsMthw version of Dolby, wipe cache/dalvik again, and reboot.
    Be sure to have installed Magisk Manager.
    can you send the image a different way? i can't seem to get that file.. Drive or mega or something

yeah sry .. xda dont like me:D here drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JFTsctpFSpODJGazA3SmEwUW8/view?usp=sharing
    this work perfectly on galaxy s6 Nougat rom(golden grefin rom).
    thank you.