• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Audio mod] [V2] Viper4Android [Nougat]

Search This thread

CrsMthw

Oct 20, 2016
Hey guys!! so earlier I have come up with Dolby Atmos mod for Samsung Nougat devices, but it still bugged me that Viper4Android was not working!! So after countless hours of brainstorming, I finally got viper4android to work on Nougat!! :D
So here you go!! Also works with my Dolby Atmos!

Tested devices:
- S6 edge+
- Note 5

Screenshot:
BS6eSCul.png

Requirements:
- Samsung device
- Nougat rom (N-lite V3 rom users, please wait for V4 rom. Pre-installed busybox on V3 interferes with viper driver installation)
- Rooted by Magisk (Dolby does not need root. Only viper needs root by magisk)

Installation instructions:
- Flash attached viper zip file and UPDATE zip file in TWRP. Users already using this mod, please see update instructions below.
- Reboot
- Install Busybox by Meefik here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.busybox&hl=en
- Open Viper4android app and install drivers if it prompts.
- Enjoy!! Flash DolbyAtmos zip if you want ;)

Update instructions:
- Uninstall Viper4android drivers from the menu in Viper4android app.
- Flash the update zip.

DolbyAtmos thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s6-edge-plus/development/audio-mod-dolbyatmos-t3553494

Download Mirror:
MEGA - Main zip
MEGA - Update zip

Thanks and Credits:
- @CaptainTiiti for the countless hours of support and guidance and motivation, without him, this project would have never made it here
- @topjohnwu for the magisk stuff
- The developers behind Viper4Android
- @worstenbrood for the original dolby atmos mod
- @gtaelbordo for the kindness and support, and for the icons of DolbyAtmos

Hope you like it. Leave a Thanks if you do.
Also join me on telegram chat at https://t.me/su_community
See you soon!

Attachments

• CrisFix-Viper-v2.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 4,218
  • Viper-OTA-UPDATE.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 3,452
Last edited:

gtaelbordo

Mar 29, 2015
Berlin
after rom Update.(n-lite v2 it works.. but the update to v3 dont) which rom do u use?
so it works until a reboot... after reboot i got the same meessage ... i read it on another thread.. i know the problem but i dont have the knowledge to change it:))

Sent from my Samsung Pixel XL using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170212-173013.png
    Screenshot_20170212-173013.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 895
  • Screenshot_20170212-173232.png
    Screenshot_20170212-173232.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 905

jmmigo

Jul 9, 2015
I don't see remote service in my Samsung phone, maybe it's something specific to your phone. Try freezing this remote service using Titanium backup or something like that, if you don't use it...

no, i mean when open dolby atmos, eq work well but if i press back button to back home, dolby atmos not fuction. I ever use Dolby Digital and when pressing back to back home, Dolby eq not fuction and written "remote service stopped". although there is no such statement in your Dolby atmos but it happened exactly. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and my bad english. btw thanks for your job :good:

CrsMthw

Oct 20, 2016
no, i mean when open dolby atmos, eq work well but if i press back button to back home, dolby atmos not fuction. I ever use Dolby Digital and when pressing back to back home, Dolby eq not fuction and written "remote service stopped". although there is no such statement in your Dolby atmos but it happened exactly. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and my bad english. btw thanks for your job :good:

Oh that's weird..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!! so earlier I have come up with Dolby Atmos mod for Samsung Nougat devices, but it still bugged me that Viper4Android was not working!! So after countless hours of brainstorming, I finally got viper4android to work on Nougat!! :D
    So here you go!! Also works with my Dolby Atmos!

Tested devices:
    - S6 edge+
    - Note 5

Screenshot:
    BS6eSCul.png

Requirements:
    - Samsung device
    - Nougat rom (N-lite V3 rom users, please wait for V4 rom. Pre-installed busybox on V3 interferes with viper driver installation)
    - Rooted by Magisk (Dolby does not need root. Only viper needs root by magisk)

Installation instructions:
    - Flash attached viper zip file and UPDATE zip file in TWRP. Users already using this mod, please see update instructions below.
    - Reboot
    - Install Busybox by Meefik here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.busybox&hl=en
    - Open Viper4android app and install drivers if it prompts.
    - Enjoy!! Flash DolbyAtmos zip if you want ;)

Update instructions:
    - Uninstall Viper4android drivers from the menu in Viper4android app.
    - Flash the update zip.

DolbyAtmos thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s6-edge-plus/development/audio-mod-dolbyatmos-t3553494

Download Mirror:
    MEGA - Main zip
    MEGA - Update zip

Thanks and Credits:
    - @CaptainTiiti for the countless hours of support and guidance and motivation, without him, this project would have never made it here
    - @topjohnwu for the magisk stuff
    - The developers behind Viper4Android
    - @worstenbrood for the original dolby atmos mod
    - @gtaelbordo for the kindness and support, and for the icons of DolbyAtmos

Hope you like it. Leave a Thanks if you do.
    Also join me on telegram chat at https://t.me/su_community
    See you soon!
    Viper4Android has been updated to latest version. For those of you who are already using the old one, simply uninstall the Viper4android drivers from the menu of Viper4android app and flash the OTA-UPDATE zip file!
    Install drivers after installing busybox by meefik (just like before) Enjoy! :)
    @Wesley_NL here ya go mate ;)
    Okay, so I talked to rainbow_dash and apparently he had some other busybox built into the v3 version of his rom, that's not compatible with viper. And even if you install the meefik one, it reverts back to his busybox after a reboot. And he has agreed to fix that in the upcoming N-lite v4!
    okay good to know thanks:)

Okay, so I talked to rainbow_dash and apparently he had some other busybox built into the v3 version of his rom, that's not compatible with viper. And even if you install the meefik one, it reverts back to his busybox after a reboot. And he has agreed to fix that in the upcoming N-lite v4!
    Reserved. Viper4android profiles coming soon here.