• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Audio output using USB-C to USB-A connection cable

Search This thread

JacobNWolf

Apr 4, 2014
New York
Hey XDA forum users,

I had a question regarding the Note 10+ and connecting it to other devices with USB Type-A inputs, such as cars and speakers. I just bought my Note 10+ after having been an iPhone users for the past five years.

I noticed this week, while renting a car, I was unable to use my Note 10+ as an audio device using an USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable I bought into 2017 for my Nintendo Switch. I got this screen without an audio option. We tested the same cable on my friend's OnePlus 7 Pro and had the same issue.

I'm currently using this cable from Cable Matters: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CNZWMJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ef2KDbV6QNBW5

Does anyone know how to fix this? Am I using an improper cable? Any recommendations?

KruseLudsMobile

Sep 12, 2004
Ridgewood, NJ
www.linkedin.com
Hey XDA forum users,

I had a question regarding the Note 10+ and connecting it to other devices with USB Type-A inputs, such as cars and speakers. I just bought my Note 10+ after having been an iPhone users for the past five years.

I noticed this week, while renting a car, I was unable to use my Note 10+ as an audio device using an USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable I bought into 2017 for my Nintendo Switch. I got this screen without an audio option. We tested the same cable on my friend's OnePlus 7 Pro and had the same issue.

I'm currently using this cable from Cable Matters: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CNZWMJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ef2KDbV6QNBW5

Does anyone know how to fix this? Am I using an improper cable? Any recommendations?
You need a cable with a DAC chip inside, the phone output is digital, the input your system expects is analog. Search DAC in this forum.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions: marctronixx

marctronixx

Jul 18, 2007
Lots of discussion on this as mentioned. Get the apple dongle for 7 bux at amazon or pay the coin and get the samsung version. Both work as i have both/

ike__1985

Oct 1, 2019
You could also run the data to an external DAC first, I use Hugo2,but theres many cheaper options.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

You'll get better sound quality that way too. So stupid they got rid of the headphone jack and DAC chip.

boofman

Oct 31, 2010
Yep, they should have included a built-in DAC st this price.

I bought the Samsung USB-C to Aux dongle with built-in DAC and it works..however, I still think my Huawei Mate 10 from two years ago has a lot better sound from its internal DAC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA forum users,

You need a cable with a DAC chip inside, the phone output is digital, the input your system expects is analog. Search DAC in this forum.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk