• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Audio Player that works with Car Launcher Pro

Search This thread
Hi

I have, until now been using Agama launcher together with both Alexa, Amazon Music and Rocket Player (latter for local music). I've been trying to get Car Launcher Pro working with same.

With Alexa and Amazon Music apps, Car Launcher Pro's music control buttons and album cover display works just fine, but Rocket Player refuses to work with it (buttons do nothing, ditto album covers etc).

Wondered if there was a fix or if someone could suggest a player for local music that does work (not a file based player, rather one that will index the collection and list by album, artist etc).

HU is a Vanku PX6 Android 10 double-din running Hal9K's new V5.x

Thanks, Karen

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I use Poweramp, paid version, on my Android. Strictly a database music player.
My data base is organized as artist/album/song track. Poweramp can be set up to recognize this.
It's setup is complex but it's extremely configurable. Allows for complete settings and playlist backup. As long as the data base is intact it can fully reconstruct playlists from the backup in under a minute or two for 6000+ songs. Supports unlimited playlists.

High res throughput. An outstanding graphic equalizer with the ability to save multiple EQ setups for albums or individual songs.
Rock solid stable. Zero issues.

Reactions: veletron

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks, tried poweramp and it works, but its going to be hard moving from Rocket Player. Poweramp is damned ugly in comparison! I'll try and find some pleasing skins for it!
I haven't play with it's skins much. The current skin works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915-133639_Poweramp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-133639_Poweramp.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 18
Hi. To follow up on this, I contacted folks at my preferred audio player, Rocket Player and they came up with the missing config change within minutes. Now working grand, and ditched poweramp again.

Head to Rocket Player Settings -> System Resources -> Keep Notification and turn that ON.
Head to Rocket Player Settings -> Operation - > Third Party Controls and turn that ON.
Head to Rocket Player Settings -> Headset/Bluetooth -> Obey Headset Controls and turn that ON.
Head to Rocket Player Settings -> Headset/Bluetooth -> Support Volume Controls and turn that OFF.

It was the 3rd one that was missing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I have, until now been using Agama launcher together with both Alexa, Amazon Music and Rocket Player (latter for local music). I've been trying to get Car Launcher Pro working with same.

With Alexa and Amazon Music apps, Car Launcher Pro's music control buttons and album cover display works just fine, but Rocket Player refuses to work with it (buttons do nothing, ditto album covers etc).

Wondered if there was a fix or if someone could suggest a player for local music that does work (not a file based player, rather one that will index the collection and list by album, artist etc).

HU is a Vanku PX6 Android 10 double-din running Hal9K's new V5.x

Thanks, Karen
    I use Poweramp, paid version, on my Android. Strictly a database music player.
    My data base is organized as artist/album/song track. Poweramp can be set up to recognize this.
    It's setup is complex but it's extremely configurable. Allows for complete settings and playlist backup. As long as the data base is intact it can fully reconstruct playlists from the backup in under a minute or two for 6000+ songs. Supports unlimited playlists.

High res throughput. An outstanding graphic equalizer with the ability to save multiple EQ setups for albums or individual songs.
    Rock solid stable. Zero issues.