Audio Problem... Help!

Search This thread

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Ok so I'm running CM 4.0.4 no theme installed. My problem is that everytime I'm lisening to music on my g1, I will get a text message or a call and it basically makes it so there is no audio for ANYTHING. Even if I'm lisening to a song and I try to take a picture it will do the same thing. I don't understand what the problem is. Before I rooted it wasn't a problem I could lisen to music and do anything I wanted and get any call or text etc. I had CM 4.02 and I had the same problem. I figured if I upgrade it would fix the problem but it didn't fix a damn thing.... other then that my phone runs really fast and smooth =)

Any ideas?

xidominicanoix

Oct 9, 2006
FL
Ok so I'm running CM 4.0.4 no theme installed. My problem is that everytime I'm lisening to music on my g1, I will get a text message or a call and it basically makes it so there is no audio for ANYTHING. Even if I'm lisening to a song and I try to take a picture it will do the same thing. I don't understand what the problem is. Before I rooted it wasn't a problem I could lisen to music and do anything I wanted and get any call or text etc. I had CM 4.02 and I had the same problem. I figured if I upgrade it would fix the problem but it didn't fix a damn thing.... other then that my phone runs really fast and smooth =)

Any ideas?

try upgrading your radio the latest one .. i think it ends in 26I

david1171

Apr 29, 2009

Any ideas?

you can try reflashing the radio, if you have cyanogen's 1.4 recovery image then you will have to rename it to update.zip, and flash with the keyboard and reboot with home and back because of a bug with radio and spl flashes with his recovery image.

if that doesn't work i think there is an app in the market call ongoing music adapter or something like that. (i think i remember reading a long time ago about something like what you are describing happening and that is what some people did and they said it worked though i would try flashing the radio first)

edit: how is it you choose to reply to the same thread around the same time i do xidomicanoix? are you clairvoyant?

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Ok so I think its fixed now. I re-downloaded the radio image and installed it I think the radio I had was corrupted or something but I swear it was installed? I'm not 100% sure if the problem is fixed I will find out later on today 4 sure though and I will let you guys no. Going to bed now.

Fingerlickin

Feb 6, 2009
Florida
the radio is a pain in the arse. I had bluetooth issues, radio fixed it. then after a couple of cyan updates I was going to a college football game so I installed the audiohack to make sure I would hear the phone ring. When it didn't work I reflashed the radio and it started working. For this reason I keep the radio image on my sdcard and reflash it everytime I update the rom. just FYI, keep the radio on your card.