• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Audio quality of video taken by Oneplus 3

Search This thread

knince

Mar 28, 2015
It seems, every other review is bashing Oneplus 3 for the poor quality audio in the video taken by Oneplus 3. It seems so in those videos too. It sounds horrible.

To those who have already got their One, could you provide some feedback on this?

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Took a test video (4k) today, myself speaking a bit and playing guitar a bit. Sounded OK, by far not as bad as many Youtube videos shot with the OP3.

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
It is exactly the way these reviews describe it.
Ambient noise is basically completely filtered out.

I really hope this can be improved by software because right now it is the worst
quality I got so far from a smartphone.

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This seems to be the noise cancelation being activated on video, which it shouldn't be.

Totally software, but I really hope they fix it. Makes video recordings sound terrible .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

knince

Mar 28, 2015
This seems to be the noise cancelation being activated on video, which it shouldn't be.

Totally software, but I really hope they fix it. Makes video recordings sound terrible .

can u pls check recording with other camera app? thanks

abhi08638

Jul 11, 2012
Completely software related, trying to make a fix now because its very irritating

trd360

Jan 10, 2012
Just discovered this as well. A huge problem even when my room is completely quiet and I'm sending a short snapchat video.

trd360

Jan 10, 2012
Does this cause the phone to record through the mic in the headphones or does it still use the mic on the phone?

Interesting that would help. I'm going to test this out!

Hmmm it must have been working last night when I was video chatting with Facebook Messenger but I can't reproduce the results in Snapchat or any other recording app. Damn shame but it seems like my only choice for now is to use my earbuds with a mic until this is fixed.

mr.shme

Nov 2, 2012
Edmonton
This can definitely be fixed with changes to the mixer_paths.xml file. After much anger and try and error I determined that the phone uses the file "mixer_paths_tasha.xml" and not the regular "mixer_paths.xml" file. I alos found that when recording with google camera it uses the "speaker-stereo-dmic-ef" audio path.

Reactions: trd360 and EP2008

trd360

Jan 10, 2012
This can definitely be fixed with changes to the mixer_paths.xml file. After much anger and try and error I determined that the phone uses the file "mixer_paths_tasha.xml" and not the regular "mixer_paths.xml" file. I alos found that when recording with google camera it uses the "speaker-stereo-dmic-ef" audio path.

Would just deleting the "tasha" file have adverse effects or would it just default back to the correct xml file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone record some audio with an app like easy voice recorder? Just to hear if it sounds the same as in video mode. Or maybe someone can tell me?

I tried out sending a voice note via WhatsApp, while I was listening to loud music, when the music was too loud, the microphone apparently mutes, which is a no-go.
    oneplus 3 video sound bad quality

Hi everyone

I think this happens because of a bad codec architecture.
    I was decided to buy this phone, i liked most of it's specs, untill today when i watched some recrded videos "almost there were no sounds". You fill like being under water.

Please everybody has this phone install "HI-Q MP3 Recorder" app, go to settings' recording section -> mic selection, select "Raw audio" and record any sound (speaking peaople-ambient sound and...). look if the problem exist...if not so it's a post processing issue.

I hope OP will fix it. If won't, this phone will be an unusable device for video or sound recording.