Audio recording quality on Mate 10 pro. Problem?

volcanomed

Jan 16, 2008
Metz
Hi everybody. Sorry for my limited English. I just bought an mate 10 pro BLA-L29 and tried recording audio with smule's sing karaokes applications. Audio quality is very poor :( however i tried, with headphones or directly with smartphone's internal microphones. Nothing change.
I had ASUS zenfone 3 deluxe and everything was perfect. Anybody have the same problem?
Or the settings?
Thanks everyones

tr1cky1

Feb 19, 2011
Cologne
high-minded.net
That's a problem you cannot fix on your own.

The Kirin 970 inside the phone uses the AI to "enhance" audio recordings.

If I call someone they have problems hearing me.
If however, a female uses my phone, the microphone quality is very good.
Apparently Huawei's AI for mic recordings is pretty bad when it comes to dark male voices.

volcanomed

Jan 16, 2008
Metz
That's a problem you cannot fix on your own.

The Kirin 970 inside the phone uses the AI to "enhance" audio recordings.

If I call someone they have problems hearing me.
If however, a female uses my phone, the microphone quality is very good.
Apparently Huawei's AI for mic recordings is pretty bad when it comes to dark male voices.
Thank for your participation. You are right. I remarked that the voice is absent in some partitions when i sing with dark voice. I really appreciated the configuration of the mate 10 pro but this is unacceptable for me. ? Thanks again.

anthropoidape

Sep 12, 2011
I wonder if this is the reason my voice keeps disappearing completely when I am using my bluetooth headset microphone. It is definitely a software problem as the headset works perfectly on other devices.

Actually... ahahha I just tested it again talking in a falsetto. It works perfectly. My normal voice is just an adult male voice, not Barry White level or anything (although I do love the sexy slither of a lady snake). I guess I can start talking that way for all phone calls...

Seriously that is an absolutely unacceptable software issue, is there a fix? Is there some way to turn this "feature" off??

Edit: having used it a few times (using an app called "bluetooth headset test" and speaking at a slightly higher than natural (for me) pitch, it seems like it is improving including when I now speak in my normal voice. This is pretty weird but perhaps it is the way the AI learns. I will keep tinkering with this.

Last edited:

Nice_Stable

Jul 15, 2018
Hi everybody. Sorry for my limited English. I just bought an mate 10 pro BLA-L29 and tried recording audio with smule's sing karaokes applications. Audio quality is very poor :( however i tried, with headphones or directly with smartphone's internal microphones. Nothing change.
I had ASUS zenfone 3 deluxe and everything was perfect. Anybody have the same problem?
Or the settings?
Thanks everyones

Try another Mate10 pro, it may be a problem with the phone!

Luinwethion

Mar 17, 2010
Delft
It might be a problem with the APP doesn't use the right APIs to have access to high quality recording.

You can test the audio quality by using the Huawei recorder.

The Mate has one of the best mics in a mobile phone, just behind what Nokia and LG are doing with their flagships.