AudioBuk is a brand new audiobook player for Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatches.
An audiobook is a recording of a text being read. Usually a compressed folder (ZIP file) can be downloaded with every recorded chapter and additionally a cover image to display in the audio player.
Best places to download free audiobooks are:
Samsung Galaxy Gear2/Gear2 Neo/Gear S
AudioBuk only needs the smartwatch,there is no cloud or website behind it.
The current playback position is automatically saved whenever you change the audiobook, the audio track or quit the app
- Up to 5 bookmarks per chapter or audio track
- Bookmarks are set by double tapping the cover image of the current audio track
- Bookmarks are chosen by tapping on it
- Bookmarks are deleted by swiping up or down
Configurable skip time from 15 to 60 seconds forwards or backwards
- Configurable sleep timer from 1 to 60 minutes.
- The sleep timer only starts when AudioBuk is playing an audio track
Audio Volume Control
It is possible to configure the audio volume from 0 to 100%
- The first time AudioBuk is started it creates the abooks folder inside the Sounds folder
- AudioBuk detects audiobooks in any folder inside abooks folder or simply in the abooks folder
- Folders within folders with audio files are not mandatory but recommended for better organization
- It is possible to have some audio files in the abooks folder or in other folders inside the abooks folder
- Cover images are displayed by AudioBuk for better user experience
- Must be in PNG or JPG format
- Size must be from 100x100 to 600x600 pixels
- Can have any name if they are located inside an audiobook folder
- Cover images need a name following some rules if they are located in the abooks folder directly
- Cover images must have a name similar to the audio files of an audiobook
- If an audio file is named wuthering_heights_01.mp3, the cover image can be named wuthering.png or wuthering_heights.png
Continuous playback is set by default allowing to move automatically to the next audio track
Play at start up
AudioBuk can start by playing the current chapter or audio track for better user experience
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese languages are supported.
- The default app language is English.
The following audio formats are supported: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA and OGG
- Audio files must be uploaded from the computer via USB
- Audio files can only be uploaded to the predefined abooks folder inside the Sounds folder
- Only 5 bookmarks per chapter or audio track can be used
- Cover image names must begin with the name of the audiobook or audio files (the common part of their names) if they reside directly in the abooks folder
- Cover image size is limited (see Cover Images)
- It is necessary to quit AudioBuk before updating audiobooks (add new ones or delete old ones entirely or partially)
- Allowed audio formats are limited (see Audio formats)
WHAT ABOUT THE GEAR S2
AudioBuk for the Gear S2 is on its way!!!