• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

auditing moderator intervention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
When a moderator scrubs a thread, are the removed posts collected somewhere other users can review them?

I have seen a few notices of moderator intervention. I am curious whether I would agree with the decision. I wonder whether the people whose posts were removed have an option to appeal.

Reactions: Austinredstoner

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Regular users will not be able to see what has been removed no.

Ideally there should always be a notice that posts have been removed, either publicly in the thread or with a private message. That way, a user can always contact the moderator in question and discuss what happened. An appeal, of sorts...

If a user feels that it is not possible to communicate with the moderator that has taken action against them it is always possible to contact the Moderator Committee (this is also linked in the contacts page under Complain about a moderator), or if they prefer any other moderator that they trust. A list of moderators and their roles (the Member Liaison comes to mind for cases like this) can be found here (this list can be reached from the forum rules).

Last edited:

T.C.Stockdale

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
When a moderator scrubs a thread, are the removed posts collected somewhere other users can review them?

I have seen a few notices of moderator intervention. I am curious whether I would agree with the decision. I wonder whether the people whose posts were removed have an option to appeal.

To add what Senior Moderator Didgeridoohan posted there are threads in place to ask such questions, which are actually stickied in this forum, whether you agree or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regular users will not be able to see what has been removed no.

Ideally there should always be a notice that posts have been removed, either publicly in the thread or with a private message. That way, a user can always contact the moderator in question and discuss what happened. An appeal, of sorts...

If a user feels that it is not possible to communicate with the moderator that has taken action against them it is always possible to contact the Moderator Committee (this is also linked in the contacts page under Complain about a moderator), or if they prefer any other moderator that they trust. A list of moderators and their roles (the Member Liaison comes to mind for cases like this) can be found here (this list can be reached from the forum rules).

To add what Senior Moderator Didgeridoohan posted there are threads in place to ask such questions, which are actually stickied in this forum, whether you agree or not.