• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General AUG4 - July 2021 | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 7th July 2021

Search This thread

Genuis Freak

May 17, 2019
I hope, that is incredible bug with the camera wake up the screen while walking around is gone with this update.
I have noticed that since i run und i have the phone in the pocket.
Tomorrow i will go running again und i will see ...

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Auf6 is now live in INDIA .
Screenshot_20210618-160907_Software update.jpg

XkobiX

Apr 9, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Just for my curiosity, what exactly happen when you flash the entire rom (~5Gb) compare to the update file you received by OTA (~400Mb average...)? What is better in terms of disk space and other files stays on your phone when you flash 5gb of new firmware.
Make me smarter please 😍

jigna

Dec 16, 2010
Make me smarter please 😍
You can't download the OTA to flash manually. When you download via Frija / Samfirm / Samloader, you're getting the entire build including ALL the files: Firmware, CSC, Bootloader etc.

Disk space-wise, no difference. If you choose the home_csc file, nothing changes on your phone, it's basically like you got the OTA version.

May 27, 2021
You can't download the OTA to flash manually. When you download via Frija / Samfirm / Samloader, you're getting the entire build including ALL the files: Firmware, CSC, Bootloader etc.

Disk space-wise, no difference. If you choose the home_csc file, nothing changes on your phone, it's basically like you got the OTA version.
Can you help me what firmware i can choose? I've G998B Australia.

XkobiX

Apr 9, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

So it is pointless to wait for OTA in your country... I thought the complete firmware make the phone "heavier" in terms of disk-space and software smoothness

jigna

Dec 16, 2010
So it is pointless to wait for OTA in your country..
It's not really "pointless", some people don't really care about updates and happy to wait.

In some cases, it works in their favour to wait. e.g. when there's a bug in an earlier build and a new version is pushed, later release countries (like Australia) will skip all the buggy versions and only push the "good" one. Downside is it's waaaay later.

May 27, 2021
It's not really "pointless", some people don't really care about updates and happy to wait.

In some cases, it works in their favour to wait. e.g. when there's a bug in an earlier build and a new version is pushed, later release countries (like Australia) will skip all the buggy versions and only push the "good" one. Downside is it's waaaay later.
Yeah ,a whole month later 😂

frogdr1ver

Sep 3, 2011
Just flashed my SM-G998B with this file HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_G998BOXM3AUF6_CL21757183_QB40802378_REV01_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar but its still saying its on the may secuity update even though odin says everything passed?

Top Liked Posts