General FXCL - APR | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 8th April

Search This thread

frogdr1ver

Sep 3, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Just flashed my SM-G998B with this file HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_G998BOXM3AUF6_CL21757183_QB40802378_REV01_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar but its still saying its on the may secuity update even though odin says everything passed?

So load up all the files but just have the tick next to home csc? or load up all 4 files but use home csc and not the other csc to keep data? Having a senior moment as its a while since ive had a sammy or flashed with odin
Load the "home_csc" file to csc section. Ignore tge "csc" file as it wipe your data if you use it

Reactions: frogdr1ver

Da1e7150

Apr 23, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-192745_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210619-192745_Settings.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 175

raggamuffin

May 16, 2007
It's not really "pointless", some people don't really care about updates and happy to wait.

In some cases, it works in their favour to wait. e.g. when there's a bug in an earlier build and a new version is pushed, later release countries (like Australia) will skip all the buggy versions and only push the "good" one. Downside is it's waaaay later.

Can you help me what firmware i can choose? I've G998B Australia.
I don't want to frighten you but I think it needs to be said; If you're going to regret losing n dollars if you brick your phone, then wait for the OTA updates. It rarely happens but it's always a possibility when flashing manually.

That said; I'm in AUS (VAU, XSA) and having been flashing Samsung phones since the S3 (and flashed Nokia's, Motorola's, iPhones before them) and as long as you follow the numerous tutorials available to you on the interweb, you should be fine. :)

I've been using DBT, BTU, XSG (among others) on the S21U and haven't encountered any issues.

I like being on the cutting edge. :p

M@nu1313

May 27, 2021
I don't want to frighten you but I think it needs to be said; If you're going to regret losing n dollars if you brick your phone, then wait for the OTA updates. It rarely happens but it's always a possibility when flashing manually.

That said; I'm in AUS (VAU, XSA) and having been flashing Samsung phones since the S3 (and flashed Nokia's, Motorola's, iPhones before them) and as long as you follow the numerous tutorials available to you on the interweb, you should be fine. :)

I've been using DBT, BTU, XSG (among others) on the S21U and haven't encountered any issues.

I like being on the cutting edge. :p
I flashed yesterday! :D .

Reactions: raggamuffin

jigna

Dec 16, 2010
don't want to frighten you
Been doing it since the S1, I've only come close to bricking once, when the battery fell out of the phone mid-flash. Even then I managed to get it back, but very tense couple of hours searching for a fix.

Definitely not for everyone, but it's safe enough for most moderately tech people

Edit: I should add I'm only talking about flashing stock firmware. Unlocking bootloader and custom ROMs is definitely something else all together

M@nu1313

May 27, 2021
I've had similar with a moto L7 back in my school days! I ended up frying the flash ic (that's what I was told by the service centre😂). Luckily the service centre couldn't figure it out how it happened and got the whole phone replaced.

Jan 27, 2014
Hi trying to flash AUF6 on my G998B but it keeps failing after hanging at stage shown in pic. Used Frija to D/L.
Odin V3.14
Have tried different usb ports but always seems to fail at same stage. Any ideas?

Turns out i had 2 faulty cables even though they worked fine for charging and data transfer, 3rd one which was brand new worked 1st attempt!

Attachments

• 20210620_224428.jpg
    20210620_224428.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts