August 2019 security update

Search This thread

LupusArgentum

Jun 20, 2019
August 2019 security update is out, ~ 100 MB.
Fixed the animation bug when moved into landscape mode.
Auto-brightness bug (never lower than 19% brightness) not fixed.

kandarpjha

May 31, 2015
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco F3
August 2019 update available..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190813-213728.png
    Screenshot_20190813-213728.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,761
Reactions: Sohailsamdani

merloigor

Aug 13, 2019
Brusque
The stock rom with the august security update

bigota.d.miui.com/V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM/miui_JASMINEGlobal_V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM_b1d08ca14d_9.0.zip

Last edited:

Aerobatic

Apr 24, 2014
IMHO should be noted that mentioned version is for installation in Recovery..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boot images for V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM, Stock and Patched by Magisk 19.3 attached in normal ZIP archives

Attachments

• stock_boot_v10.0.13.0_jasmine.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 574
  • patched_boot_v10.0.13.0_jasmine.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 664

Sh3mar

Aug 14, 2019
So far I'm seeing a few improvements, speed is back up, the battery life has also increased back, the bug from switching to landscape is fixed and I'm still checking for any other fixes.

hassan888

Jun 18, 2015
And I though I was the only one facing these problem. The most annoying thins is when you are typing and the keys just don't give any reposnse.

Totally sucks , the problem with me is that I recently bought it and I am not sure if this is an underlying hardware issue with this handset , or if the July update just did this as I didn't really use the phone before updating .

Anyways , I think the august update has improved the overall performance of the UI a bit , still some stuttering here and there though when typing and scrolling ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated from June 2019 security patch to August 2019 security patch.

- Camera (Xiaomi Camera v2.0): switching betweed modes the autofocus create a more audible noise (compared to June 2019 update).
    - Keyboard (Google GBoard v8.5.7.260967531): no problem with fast typing/responsiveness.
    - Wi-Fi: no problem with speed. SpeedTest.net shows 75 MBps (the max speed of my Internet connection).
    - Bluetooth: no automatic switch-on noted until now. I can't test bluetooth headphones.

No bug noticed until now, I'm ok with Xiaomi software.

I'll update this list if needed. If you want I can check for bugs on my phone.

Some screenshots (in italian) attached.
    IMHO should be noted that mentioned version is for installation in Recovery..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boot images for V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM, Stock and Patched by Magisk 19.3 attached in normal ZIP archives
    Ok guys, I have one news that will drive all of you nuts. Try to switch camera modes (portrait, square and so on). Now we have a clicking sound of lens going wild. Oh no... They've messed up something again.
    The sound comes from cameramodul and has do to do with the focusing-mechanism.
    I had other phones with similar sounds.
    So it is probably not a bug.
    Decreased 4G Connectivity:
    I have been using Airtel as my only sim, I live in Delhi (India) and have noticed significant change in 4G connectivity like decreased speeds, network dropping to Edge or at times 0 since around the time I downloaded this update (3 to 4 days). Please let me know if if anyone else is experiencing the same or just my carrier is at fault.
    You can eliminate the carrier's fault by just going for a new SIM. I once had an issue with one of my phone/SIM combo. The SIM will work on other phone and other SIMs would work on this phone. But in this particular combo either I would get no network or frequent disconnection. Strange part was that it had started happening after a software update too. So I went to my mobile service provider and asked for a new SIM. He told me that since the SIM works on another phone it cannot be faulty and I should go to the phone service center. I was able to convince him that going to service center will be time consuming and costly, where as a new SIM can be activated in short time. And now the new SIM and old Phone work happily together.