August 2019 security update

Search This thread

Kalana552

Aug 24, 2019
i could not install the update. because when i am trying to install the update message was shown that, "installation problem". i have unlocked the bootloader and enable the camera 2 api

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

i could not install the update. because when i am trying to install the update message was shown that, "installation problem". i have unlocked the bootloader and enable the camera 2 api. what can i do other than flashing the stock room.

laksh gambhir

Sep 17, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Decreased 4G Connectivity:
I have been using Airtel as my only sim, I live in Delhi (India) and have noticed significant change in 4G connectivity like decreased speeds, network dropping to Edge or at times 0 since around the time I downloaded this update (3 to 4 days). Please let me know if if anyone else is experiencing the same or just my carrier is at fault.

Reactions: Waitamin

samuel6827

Oct 24, 2015
Same Here

i could not install the update. because when i am trying to install the update message was shown that, "installation problem". i have unlocked the bootloader and enable the camera 2 api

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

i could not install the update. because when i am trying to install the update message was shown that, "installation problem". i have unlocked the bootloader and enable the camera 2 api. what can i do other than flashing the stock room.

I had the same exact problem as mentioned in this thread before, I ended up unlocking bootloader, flashed the stock image with Aug Patch then relock bootloader :crying:

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

After reading all the comments, I do not face any camera noises on the Aug Update :confused:

Waitamin

Aug 19, 2017
I have been using Airtel as my only sim, I live in Delhi (India) and have noticed significant change in 4G connectivity like decreased speeds, network dropping to Edge or at times 0 since around the time I downloaded this update (3 to 4 days). Please let me know if if anyone else is experiencing the same or just my carrier is at fault.

Strange, I have the same impression. I'm at Bouygues Télécom (France)

Reactions: laksh gambhir

bluishguru

Nov 19, 2018
You can eliminate the carrier's fault by just going for a new SIM. I once had an issue with one of my phone/SIM combo. The SIM will work on other phone and other SIMs would work on this phone. But in this particular combo either I would get no network or frequent disconnection. Strange part was that it had started happening after a software update too. So I went to my mobile service provider and asked for a new SIM. He told me that since the SIM works on another phone it cannot be faulty and I should go to the phone service center. I was able to convince him that going to service center will be time consuming and costly, where as a new SIM can be activated in short time. And now the new SIM and old Phone work happily together.

Reactions: laksh gambhir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated from June 2019 security patch to August 2019 security patch.

- Camera (Xiaomi Camera v2.0): switching betweed modes the autofocus create a more audible noise (compared to June 2019 update).
    - Keyboard (Google GBoard v8.5.7.260967531): no problem with fast typing/responsiveness.
    - Wi-Fi: no problem with speed. SpeedTest.net shows 75 MBps (the max speed of my Internet connection).
    - Bluetooth: no automatic switch-on noted until now. I can't test bluetooth headphones.

No bug noticed until now, I'm ok with Xiaomi software.

I'll update this list if needed. If you want I can check for bugs on my phone.

Some screenshots (in italian) attached.
    The stock rom with the august security update
    IMHO should be noted that mentioned version is for installation in Recovery..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boot images for V10.0.13.0.PDIMIXM, Stock and Patched by Magisk 19.3 attached in normal ZIP archives
    Ok guys, I have one news that will drive all of you nuts. Try to switch camera modes (portrait, square and so on). Now we have a clicking sound of lens going wild. Oh no... They've messed up something again.
    The sound comes from cameramodul and has do to do with the focusing-mechanism.
    I had other phones with similar sounds.
    So it is probably not a bug.
    You can eliminate the carrier's fault by just going for a new SIM. I once had an issue with one of my phone/SIM combo. The SIM will work on other phone and other SIMs would work on this phone. But in this particular combo either I would get no network or frequent disconnection. Strange part was that it had started happening after a software update too. So I went to my mobile service provider and asked for a new SIM. He told me that since the SIM works on another phone it cannot be faulty and I should go to the phone service center. I was able to convince him that going to service center will be time consuming and costly, where as a new SIM can be activated in short time. And now the new SIM and old Phone work happily together.