Australia Optus Galaxy S no download mode!

Search This thread

fwyt

Feb 24, 2010
Hey I just got a new galaxy s from australia optus today, however it seems like the download mode has been disabled!!

HELP!!

OK HERE IS what I have done

It won't boot into download mode using (volume down + home + power)
Tried other combinations too

Used adb.exe to boot sgs into download mode
Flash using odin3
Flash failed
Now phone won't start up
Get a logo with phone! computer

Last edited:

dseo80

May 13, 2010
Key combination could be different.

Try all the possibilities (home + power is mine)

Josh_AxeY

Aug 25, 2007
I've got an Optus SGS, can confirm they haven't locked it.

Vol Down + Power + Home worked for me.

fwyt

Feb 24, 2010
It won't start, I used the adb.exe to put it into download mode, and tried flashing it! And I think I had a bad flash. Now it won't even start!

Anton2079

Dec 15, 2008
Sydney, Australia
It won't start, I used the adb.exe to put it into download mode, and tried flashing it! And I think I had a bad flash. Now it won't even start!

OK take the battery out as i said, put it back in, then hold the power button for a few (2-3) seconds and wait like 10 seconds and see if anything is happening

If not take the battery out again and try the Power, Vol Down, and Home for a few seconds and wait

I had difficulties at first too

Senorclean

Jul 18, 2010
It could be a technique problem.

Persoanlly, I:

* Hold home and vol down
* Keep them held and add power
* Wait for the download screen before releasing (or galaxy s logo if you are going to fastboot instead).

I can also vouch that the optus SGS works :p

Ancient_One

Jul 20, 2010
Sydney
Battery out, remove the SIM and SDCard.

Wait for a bit then put back the battery only.

Then do the combination. Vol Down + Power On + Home.

The combination works just that sometimes our fingers are pressing one button prior to another and not all at once. Just take it slow and keep trying.

It will work. Patience.

Last edited:

AXIS of Reality

Mar 15, 2010
Brisbane
Try not to get frustrated. I have mine from Optus on the $49 Social Cap, but that doesn't matter because ALL OPTUS GALAXY S ARE TOTALLY UNLOCKED AND UNBRANDED. They just have Optus apps on them. =P

As the poster above said, remove the SIM and SD card, and make sure USB is unplugged.

Take the battery out, then put it back in. If you just press the power button then does it go to a black screen with just a small phone and computer icon on it? As this means it can't boot, but it isn't actually bricked.

When I boot into download mode I hold home, then vol, then power (then holding all at once, but starting off with home and vol before pressing power to make sure they're down before it can try to boot normally).

You'll need to take the battery out after each failed try to get the phone to shut off, otherwise it may still be on and of course can't go to Download mode then.

Don't worry, it's extremely hard to brick the Galaxy S. In fact I haven't heard of a single permanent brick yet, as there is always a way into Download mode.

Good luck!

dan 6a

May 20, 2010
Try not to get frustrated. I have mine from Optus on the $49 Social Cap, but that doesn't matter because ALL OPTUS GALAXY S ARE TOTALLY UNLOCKED AND UNBRANDED. They just have Optus apps on them. =P

As the poster above said, remove the SIM and SD card, and make sure USB is unplugged.

Take the battery out, then put it back in. If you just press the power button then does it go to a black screen with just a small phone and computer icon on it? As this means it can't boot, but it isn't actually bricked.

When I boot into download mode I hold home, then vol, then power (then holding all at once, but starting off with home and vol before pressing power to make sure they're down before it can try to boot normally).

You'll need to take the battery out after each failed try to get the phone to shut off, otherwise it may still be on and of course can't go to Download mode then.

Don't worry, it's extremely hard to brick the Galaxy S. In fact I haven't heard of a single permanent brick yet, as there is always a way into Download mode.

Good luck!

I have advised him of all this on whirlpool...

I don't live to far from him if optus aren't going to be helpful I can try sort it out, I have had the same screen whilst learning all this, and always been able to get to download mode...

vnbm

Jul 8, 2009
I have been having the same problem.
I cannot, no matter what combination, get into download mode on my optus SGS.

I try to hold down, Vol down, home, and power. If i leave all three on, it just keeps rebooting over and over.

If i take the power button off, it just boots normally. Even with the other two kept in. Also, the hard reset (Vol Down, and power) does not do anything either.

I am really starting to believe there is something seriously wrong with it.

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
you push all the buttons and when the galaxy/optus logo appears take you finger OFF the power button count to 1-1000 (ie one second ) all others buttons are still pressed then repress the power button and hold after the second.

Top Liked Posts