General [Australia] Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Discussion

Search This thread

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Is anyone else finding the reception on telstra to be inferior to previous phones?
Live in an area devoid of 5g and patchy 4g at times but find wile streaming triple j or playing pokemon go that reception seems worse than my previous mate 20 pro
Sometimes it seems to see 4g or lte and drops back to 3g regardless ?

Is anyone else finding the reception on telstra to be inferior to previous phones?
Live in an area devoid of 5g and patchy 4g at times but find wile streaming triple j or playing pokemon go that reception seems worse than my previous mate 20 pro
Are using the phone in 5G mode? I had similar issue with Optus. Switch to 4G mode and the connection is way better. 5G is useless in Australia unless is available everywhere. I had this issue with my previous phone (S20 Ultra 5G) too.

raggamuffin

May 16, 2007

I have come from the S9+ and can confirm signal strength / reception is worse on my S21 Ultra. Switching to 4G only has little effect, at least in my case. Frustrates the heck out of me...

noone606

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Has anyone had any issues using NFC. I tried using it yesterday to make a payment using the CBA app, but it said NFC wasn't available. Same thing when trying to used the Woolworths Rewards app.
Both of these worked on my old S10 5G.
I tested the NFC with an app from the Play Store and it was working fine.

Has anyone had any issues using NFC. I tried using it yesterday to make a payment using the CBA app, but it said NFC wasn't available. Same thing when trying to used the Woolworths Rewards app.
Both of these worked on my old S10 5G.
I tested the NFC with an app from the Play Store and it was working fine.
I use Samsung Pay everyday and never had any problem. Please make sure NFC is turned on. You can self test the phone using Samsung Members app to see if NFC actually working.

I use Samsung Pay everyday and never had any problem. Please make sure NFC is turned on. You can self test the phone using Samsung Members app to see if NFC actually working.
NFC is working. as I tested it using an app from the Play Store. The readers are detecting the chip because the messages are appearing on the readers and the phone vibrates.

So, the April update, AUC8 started rolling out today.
Besides the new camera update (in portrait mode), I noted that RCS is now enabled in Samsung Messages, using Googles Universal profile.

Anyone else got it too?

Screenshot_20210413-202945_Messages.png

Besides the new camera update (in portrait mode), I noted that RCS is now enabled in Samsung Messages, using Googles Universal profile.

Anyone else got it too?

View attachment 5277801
Who is your provider?

Anyone else got it too?

View attachment 5277801
Updated the phone and got RCS enabled to my Messages app too.

Reactions: Dolgogi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered mine on the 21st and in my hand on the 25th January (Vodafone).

Upgraded from an S9+ and very happy (so far).
    All your theory is only true for carrier customised and sold phones

Nope. None of the builds are even touched anymore since multi-csc came into play. But Aussie carriers (as in the wholesalers of the networks not the badge/csc of phone) won't allow the firmware to be pushed until they've ALL tested it. That INCLUDES XSA.

EDIT: changed wording to clarify badge/csc not brand of phone

Please do some research before you talk about it.

It's pretty amusing how wrong you are, but given how defensive you're getting, I'll drop it. If you think your ranting and annoyance has any impact, go for it - you keep fighting the fight.

Anyone else got it too?

View attachment 5277801
    Who is your provider?

Anyone else got it too?

View attachment 5277801
    Updated the phone and got RCS enabled to my Messages app too.