Australian Optus Realme c3 can't unlock bootloader [SOLVED] r

Search This thread

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
Hi I have an Australian Optus Realme c3, I've tried unlocking the bootloader using the official method but keep getting an error message saying that the device is carrier modified.

Is there a way to flash worldwide firmware?

Bootloader unlocked with MTKClient

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-20-02-44-18-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-20-02-44-18-59.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

duyfken

Mar 17, 2011
duyfkenindustries.com.au
Hi Mick,

How did you pull this off? Could you please give us a guide or something? When I tried to unlock the bootloader with MTKClient, then 'adb reboot loootloader' it would then throw 'fastboot_verify_unlock fail' and wouldn't even get to fastboot.

I need to unlock another Optus Realme C3 I had in the cupboard but Optus no longer has the Live Chat they used to and the Messaging service through the My Optus app is bad to say the least. Then of course using the method they suggest on the Optus website, they will try to charge you to unlock, no matter what.

Very frustrated since it was so easy the first time when I contacted Optus on Live Chat, said I was a customer of one of their MNVOs and the phone unlocked in under 5 minutes....

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
I just followed the instructions on the github page, only took like half an hour, did you push the empty vbmeta, pretty sure that's your issue

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
Judging by that description, I assume you're unlocking bootloader and rooting? I don't know what you did differently but I'm still getting 'fastboot_verify_unlock fail' when trying to 'adb reboot bootloader'
You on telegram or something? Hard to help with troubleshooting in a forum, the command should be "adb reboot fastboot" I got it to work 1st try. And no I haven't rooted, ****s with my banking and pogo, lolz

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
If you give me as many details as possible about the phone (firmware, android version) and the computer (os, software installed) I can help you more

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
I literally had this phone for 72 hours before I figured this out, contacted realme AU and they said that it shouldn't be possible and offered to send me a new handset to do it again for there engineers, lolz

Mine has been running Android 13 for the last couple of weeks and working sweet

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
I don't want to sound condescending, but I've been playing with android devices for many years, I have no problem helping, but I'm in the middle of moving house and don't have my desktop or laptop until probably Thursday, can try walking you through it in chat, but will remote in and do it when I have my pc back

duyfken

Mar 17, 2011
duyfkenindustries.com.au
You on telegram or something? Hard to help with troubleshooting in a forum, the command should be "adb reboot fastboot" I got it to work 1st try. And no I haven't rooted, ****s with my banking and pogo, lolz
So I'm guessing you got a boot.img from the TG group and flashed the vbmeta.img.empty? Yeah, Realme In-Depth Test still shows the phone as carrier customised but recovery flashes from 'adb reboot fastboot' and subsequently ROM flashes in recovery. Not entirely sure how that circumvents the carrier lock but I'll take the win and move on :) Cheers (y)

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
So I'm guessing you got a boot.img from the TG group and flashed the vbmeta.img.empty? Yeah, Realme In-Depth Test still shows the phone as carrier customised but recovery flashes from 'adb reboot fastboot' and subsequently ROM flashes in recovery. Not entirely sure how that circumvents the carrier lock but I'll take the win and move on :) Cheers (y)
No you pull the boot image from the phone and the vbmeta, reread the instructions

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
MTKClient unlocks at hardware level independent of software, let's face it optus rom is identical to standard apart from one app, lolz

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
Sorry dude, didn't read it properly, glad to help, enjoy, what rom did you decide on? I'm running pixelos