• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Australian Pixel 6 Pro users battery issues?

Search This thread

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Hi anyone in OZ.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro on Telstra, and getting extreme network standby drain, by far the biggest % of total drain we are talking 1/4 to 1/2 the battery usage. Also noticing rubbish network signals and stability. To be fair on the phone my Pixel 4XL had signal issues on the train from Brisbane CBD to South side suburbs.

Anyone else on Telstra experiencing the same?

Anyone with other networks experencing the same, especially with 5G?

Trying to determine if my phone is a dud.

Interestingly my old Pixel 4XL doing the same as it was previously only on WIFI no mobile now lasts at least 2-3 days on the battery charge. Prior to sim being removed was lucky to last a full day.

freezingpoint

May 24, 2013
Melbourne
I am with Boost and I do see the mobile standby goes up if the phone is on idle. Like overnight, I can see in the two hour intervals that it's at 50%, but my standby drain is around 5% over 8 to 9 hours which is in line with my other phones in the past. This is with wifi on all night.

I would say the usage for the mobile standby is high because it's always connected to a network and that costs energy. I haven't done this but if you put it on airplane mode, the mobile standby should go to zero and probably the device idle or wifi will go up.

Attinderkahlon

Dec 9, 2014
I'm with Belong, and I'm also getting a battery drain. 10-11 percent overnight. Mobile network standby is too high.

ed0214

May 10, 2018
I have terrible drain simialr to everyone else. Standby drain is horrendous on wifi. Around 50% deep sleep percentage when using the phone regularly. overnight deep sleep is good and drains about 1% an hr. On boost mobile. Today's update fixed jack all

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
No I am on .48 release date 2021-09-30.
I read a post about a new carrier services release today , which I updated to today straight after it updated the signal jumped up. Battery drain seems to be slightly better, but still garbage. Was hoping the december update would fix some issues, but definately didn't.Think I might take this phone back to Telstra for replacement

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

mattisdada

Feb 28, 2010
Melbourne
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm also on Telstra, battery drain at the moment is at 32% for `Mobile Network Standy`, I was in the CBD yesterday and 5G is allowed. In general my current area is not 5G enabled

My Operator Settings version is:
telstra_au-30000000550.50
2021-09-22

My Android version:
Google Play System: 1 November 2021
Android Security Update: 5 November 2021

Attinderkahlon

Dec 9, 2014
telstra_au-32000000551.48
2021-09-30 I'm on belong(Telstra network) 34 Percent drain in last 24 hours. Security update is 5 December, android security update is 5 November.

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I turned off adaptive connectivity in network and internet settings, and mobile data always active in developers options. No drain.
Yeah I had both of these settings enabled as well after reading some others feedback some time back, still extreme battery drain, now about 40%, so the carrier update helps signal strength but seems to make the drain worse.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I turned off adaptive connectivity in network and internet settings, and mobile data always active in developers options. No drain.
    For me, yes, same operator version
    Hi anyone in OZ.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro on Telstra, and getting extreme network standby drain, by far the biggest % of total drain we are talking 1/4 to 1/2 the battery usage. Also noticing rubbish network signals and stability. To be fair on the phone my Pixel 4XL had signal issues on the train from Brisbane CBD to South side suburbs.

Anyone else on Telstra experiencing the same?

Anyone with other networks experencing the same, especially with 5G?

Trying to determine if my phone is a dud.

Interestingly my old Pixel 4XL doing the same as it was previously only on WIFI no mobile now lasts at least 2-3 days on the battery charge. Prior to sim being removed was lucky to last a full day.
    No issues here matey. All good. I am with Vodafone 5G
    Happy with my battery on optus