• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Auto dim the screen when the headlights are on

Search This thread

Sassokee

Mar 17, 2017
London
I am wondering if it's possible to have the screen dim to let's say 25% when the headlights are switched on?

Thank you.

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
I am wondering if it's possible to have the screen dim to let's say 25% when the headlights are switched on?

Thank you.
Yes..the autodim...is automatic
If you have the illum wire correctly plugged (by canbus or by direct connection from your car to the headunit) you have to enable the option on factory settings ("other" tab) under the option "brightness"

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Sassokee

Mar 17, 2017
London
For my head unit that only illuminates the physical buttons of the unit but the screen is still bright.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

OhmEye1

Feb 9, 2019
This autodim feature is enabled on my 2018 Mistubishi Outlander Android Auto and pretty much renders the screen and GPS navigation useless during the day with headlights on, and I'm looking for a way to turn it off. It's required in my state to have headlights on during several driving conditions during the day, which dims the screen to the point of being effectively unviewable, especially with navigation apps, which also switch to night-mode display. So I have GPS map displaying black roads on dark black background in a dim screen that is a no-kidding-this-is-honestly-unusable level of ridiculous.

STEvFIN

May 8, 2011
This autodim feature is enabled on my 2018 Mistubishi Outlander Android Auto and pretty much renders the screen and GPS navigation useless during the day with headlights on, and I'm looking for a way to turn it off. It's required in my state to have headlights on during several driving conditions during the day, which dims the screen to the point of being effectively unviewable, especially with navigation apps, which also switch to night-mode display. So I have GPS map displaying black roads on dark black background in a dim screen that is a no-kidding-this-is-honestly-unusable level of ridiculous.
Any solution to this ? My 2018 Outlander GT same issue basically unreadable. I'm thinking of replacing it with a better display all together if possible. I can't stand a display on any device that isn't bright enough.