Question Auto dimming issue ?

Search This thread

Maple1

Aug 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have have some weird issue recently with my Pixel 6Pro...

When I've got my phone in a pocket and somebody is calling me, after taking the phone out of the pocket screen is very dark/dimmed and it takes quite a long time for it to brighten up.
Very annoying as I never see who's calling and can't even see the toggle to pick up call.

Never had that before, just appeared out of nowhere a few weeks ago...
I've tried to reset adaptive brightness, still didn't helped...

Anyone got any clue or had this issue as well ?

Thanks

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Complete stock system, not rooted etc. and I don't recall any freshly installed applications that could trigger this somehow <hmm>
The only other things I can think of to try is a factory reset, or even Official Google Android Flash Tool (OEM Unlocking needs to be toggled on - you may not have to manually unlock the bootloader - the "site" will do that on its own). The official Android Flash Tool has solved issues for at least dozens of people that I've seen in this phone section alone, including me, when even the full factory image didn't help. Note that the flash tool will wipe your phone due to the fact that it has to unlock your bootloader in order to function.

Obviously, if you have a version of the Pixel 6 Pro that you can't unlock the bootloader on, then the official Android Flash Tool is not an option for you.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

OzBoy1

Dec 24, 2008
When I've got my phone in a pocket and somebody is calling me, after taking the phone out of the pocket screen is very dark/dimmed and it takes quite a long time for it to brighten up.
Very annoying as I never see who's calling and can't even see the toggle to pick up call.
Yep had this since I can remember, usually a tap on the screen will bring it to life but it can be slightly annoying. You are not alone. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Maple1 I haven't seen this issue. Is it possible that some recent app you've installed is interfering with it? Are you rooted, using any Magisk or LSposed Modules, or custom kernels?
    Hi everyone,

I have have some weird issue recently with my Pixel 6Pro...

Never had that before, just appeared out of nowhere a few weeks ago...
    I've tried to reset adaptive brightness, still didn't helped...

Anyone got any clue or had this issue as well ?

Thanks
    @Maple1 I haven't seen this issue. Is it possible that some recent app you've installed is interfering with it? Are you rooted, using any Magisk or LSposed Modules, or custom kernels?

Complete stock system, not rooted etc. and I don't recall any freshly installed applications that could trigger this somehow <hmm>
    The only other things I can think of to try is a factory reset, or even Official Google Android Flash Tool (OEM Unlocking needs to be toggled on - you may not have to manually unlock the bootloader - the "site" will do that on its own). The official Android Flash Tool has solved issues for at least dozens of people that I've seen in this phone section alone, including me, when even the full factory image didn't help. Note that the flash tool will wipe your phone due to the fact that it has to unlock your bootloader in order to function.

Obviously, if you have a version of the Pixel 6 Pro that you can't unlock the bootloader on, then the official Android Flash Tool is not an option for you.