Search This thread

tozfeekum

Nov 11, 2006
Working well on g928t

EDIT: Just kidding, reboots immediately after trying to connect to wifi

Last edited:

kripler7

Oct 3, 2013
Where can I get the stock kernel for the SM-G928C? If I want to revert to a complete factory condition I just need to flash the stock kernel and recovery on the device, correct?

I cant use this Kernel because it will not remember your WiFi credentials and it will reboot moments after attempting to connect to WiFi.

djshotty

Oct 7, 2008
East Maitland, NSW, Australia
Where can I get the stock kernel for the SM-G928C? If I want to revert to a complete factory condition I just need to flash the stock kernel and recovery on the device, correct?
First thing, get the latest Odin. Next, go to sammobile and grab the stock ROM for your model number. Restart your phone in Download Mode, and when you flash the stock it'll revert to the original kernel + bootloader + ROM. Sadly, however, if the custom kernel has been flashed even once, you'll have tripped Knox. Thing is, you can't say you weren't warned, because if you didn't do any research to find out what would happen with your device before attempting to alter it, then bad luck...

Reactions: RuggedHunter

kripler7

Oct 3, 2013
First thing, get the latest Odin. Next, go to sammobile and grab the stock ROM for your model number. Restart your phone in Download Mode, and when you flash the stock it'll revert to the original kernel + bootloader + ROM. Sadly, however, if the custom kernel has been flashed even once, you'll have tripped Knox. Thing is, you can't say you weren't warned, because if you didn't do any research to find out what would happen with your device before attempting to alter it, then bad luck...

KNOX is definitely tripped. But does that prevent me from flashing the stock rom or cause any major issues besides my warranty being void? I don't really care that the warranty has been voided honestly. I just want to have the option to go back to a stable stock experience if something messes up when doing all this tinkering. Thank you for the response.

p4t1

Jul 3, 2009
KNOX is definitely tripped. But does that prevent me from flashing the stock rom or cause any major issues besides my warranty being void? I don't really care that the warranty has been voided honestly. I just want to have the option to go back to a stable stock experience if something messes up when doing all this tinkering. Thank you for the response.

No, it doesn´t prevent you from flashing a stock rom. You can do it, no ptoblem, with odin.

djshotty

Oct 7, 2008
East Maitland, NSW, Australia
Tripping Knox doesn't stop Odin from reinstalling a stock ROM. Just remember the golden rule of flashing - back everything up first!

fred_ducl

Sep 24, 2008
Issues with 928F

Since i rooted my 928F with that kernel, 2 days ago, I have the following issues:
- Wi-Fi password are no more stored
- Wireless charge stop after few seconds

I'll go back to original.

seansc144

Jul 6, 2008
Brooklyn
God bless this developer. Just realized you have a kernel in the other thread.
Thank you for both kernels this one being my daily driver.
Call quality is beautiful on this kernel.

I'm using this on the 928t Model, the bluetooth works Perfect ?.

Will update

Update: Bluetooth goes in and out by itself. Haven't really found a kernel yet that the bluetooth works on completely

Nonetheless thank you for this Kernel.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IvY74

Feb 9, 2009
hi, this Auto-Rooting STOCK Kernels for S6 Edge Plus triggers knox 1 ? if so then we must do without Samsung Pay .....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After receiving a whole bunch of requests in my kernel thread and via PM I decided to take the plunge and Build a STOCK, NON Unified Auto-Root/BusyBox kernel for the

928 F / I / C / L / K / S
    928 T / W8

S6 Edge Plus only

This is a totally stock kernel with absolutely no tweaks or other modifications other than what is require to compile it. It is a Permissive kernel so private mode will break. Built from 928 AOH6 Source drop.

RIGHT NOW THIS IS UNTESTED. ONLY FLASH IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ODIN BACK TO FULL STOCK (in case it does not work)

This is a blind build, I have no 928 testers. Make sure you download the right one for your device!

Flash in ODIN

928 FICLKS >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808951
    928 T/W8 >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808952

Source https://github.com/glewarne/SM-G928-CLT

Credits:
    @-Mr. X- for T stock boot image
    @edgarf28 for F Stock boot image
    @Chainfire for SuperSu

Disclaimer
    You, the User, Accept full responsibilty for anything you choose to flash to your own device. I cannot be held responsible for any loss of data, income, revenue, software or hardware damage that may occur due to the use, or attempted use of this kernel.
    After receiving a whole bunch of requests in my kernel thread and via PM I decided to take the plunge and Build a STOCK, NON Unified Auto-Root/BusyBox kernel for the

928 F / I / C / L / K / S
    928 T / W8

S6 Edge Plus only

This is a totally stock kernel with absolutely no tweaks or other modifications other than what is require to compile it. It is a Permissive kernel so private mode will break. Built from 928 AOH6 Source drop.

RIGHT NOW THIS IS UNTESTED. ONLY FLASH IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ODIN BACK TO FULL STOCK (in case it does not work)

This is a blind build, I have no 928 testers. Make sure you download the right one for your device!

Flash in ODIN

928 FICLKS >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808951
    928 T/W8 >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808952

Source https://github.com/glewarne/SM-G928-CLT

Credits:
    @-Mr. X- for T stock boot image
    @edgarf28 for F Stock boot image
    @Chainfire for SuperSu

Thank you, will try this kernel and the TWRP recovery for SG-928C

No, it doesn´t prevent you from flashing a stock rom. You can do it, no ptoblem, with odin.
    Confirmed..Working great with G928F..Thanks bro..
    I'm sure this is probably a no brainer, but had anyone had any luck with the 928A?

AT&T and Verizon has locked bootloader. You need to flash a custom kernel to get root. Since you cannot flash it (locked bootloader), you cannot root the phone.