Auto rotate stop working -stuck on portrait mode

Search This thread

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
My auto rotate stop working. I have it checked under settings. I tried to download compass and labrynth and its still not working.

When I open the camera and YouTube it rotates to landscape.... but the goes back to portrait.

What am I missing?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Oct 25, 2010
Had this problem yesterday after installing sportcaster, that is a portrait only app. After I rebooted, it worked fine.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Did a factory reset and it still isn't working.

Any other suggestions?

Will be returning it if I can't get it too work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
That's weird, my autorotate doesn't work either. The other thing I did recently was install he latest update that was released today.

Same here.
It worked fine before.

Those that updated - Can you guys check your auto rotate and report back?

Thanks.

MisterBao

Jul 16, 2009
Okay I powered it down completely then fired it back up and now everything works. Tested all the sensors via the phone tester app. Before, none of the sensors were working for me.

kunp21

Jan 3, 2012
Mine hasn't been working either. I haven't installed the new update yet but I will see if that changes anything. Mine has been on and off since I got it. It would work half the time and then sometimes not at all even after a reboot or a hard reset. If this update does not fix this problem I will be asking for an exchange.

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Mine hasn't been working either. I haven't installed the new update yet but I will see if that changes anything. Mine has been on and off since I got it. It would work half the time and then sometimes not at all even after a reboot or a hard reset. If this update does not fix this problem I will be asking for an exchange.

I really think its the update because mine was good before all this.

I can't use my camera either because my camera update always fails. It says you must update your camera firmware.

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Damn, my auto brightness stopped working also. Can't believe this mess.

I had a perfect transformer... damn you ASUS!

I still have the receipt but they are out of stock. I'm going to keep it until the 12th and see if ICS fixes everything. I can't let go of you Prime.

Last edited:

kunp21

Jan 3, 2012
So I updated the tablet last night and it did not seem to help. Using the app elixir I checked to see the status of the sensors, and none of them are responding when this problem occurs. I also noticed that if I turn the auto-rotate feature off and turn it back on in 10 - 15 min it starts working again. I have tried everything to figure out what is wrong, but have no idea. I will be going to Bestbuy this Friday and asking for an exchange, but it will more than likely be a return because of stock. Till then i'll be on the forums hoping for a solution.

Qamel

Jan 4, 2012
I just got my tablet last night, and I'm having the same issue :( Nothing seems to work to fix it, like rebooting it or resetting it to factory. I've never had it work, but I didn't test before I installed the Firmware update. Has anyone talked to Asus about the issue? Figure I'll give them a call tonight and see what they say before I have to try to exchange it through Amazon (and who knows when I'll get the tablet back...). My first Android tablet, really makes me feel frustrated with it.

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
I just got my tablet last night, and I'm having the same issue :( Nothing seems to work to fix it, like rebooting it or resetting it to factory. I've never had it work, but I didn't test before I installed the Firmware update. Has anyone talked to Asus about the issue? Figure I'll give them a call tonight and see what they say before I have to try to exchange it through Amazon (and who knows when I'll get the tablet back...). My first Android tablet, really makes me feel frustrated with it.

So you didn't notice if it was working before you updated?

Yeah, this sucks. My auto rotate and auto brightness use to work. :mad:

Let us know what ASUS tells you.