Auto-Sign APP for MAC users!

jessetbenton

Jan 15, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
With the help of red_menace over at the apple support forum, I present Mac users with an application that will sign their .apk and .zip files.

It is a droplet application, meaning you just have to drag the file you want signed onto the application itself. A new file will be created with -signed at the end of the file name.

For this to work you need to have testsign.jar in your root directory. The root directory is the first place you come to when you click on the mac hard drive.

If anyone wants to use or edit the script that's fine with me, I really didn't do much, just asked the right people for help.

Android-sign.zip Download
Android-sign.zip has both the testsign.jar and android-sign application.

EDIT: Sorry about the mixup. Testsign.jar is now linked above.

Last edited:

MurderDeathKill

Sep 1, 2009
www.MurderFeed.com
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: testsign

I cant find the testsign.jar its not in the tool directory of my SDK that I downloaded from Androids website

Where can I get this testsign.jar?

*EDIT*
I found the testsign.jar in the forums. You can get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538020

But I still get the same error I've placed the program and the testsign.jar file in the same directory.
I have some cool skins in the making! I just need to know how to sign these files! I'm on a mac.
Why am I getting the error?

Last edited:

ffff00

May 21, 2009
Las Vegas
same error

Okay, so I'm getting the same error. And yes, my testsign.jar/Android-sign.app are both in my sdk/tools dir.

Not sure what the problem is.
Hope I can get this to work :)

ravenjr

May 31, 2009
Fl
im getting the same error, this is a huge step though when u figure out whats going on with the rest of our Auto-sign, repost thanks nd thumbs up

jessetbenton

Jan 15, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Okay, so I'm getting the same error. And yes, my testsign.jar/Android-sign.app are both in my sdk/tools dir.

Not sure what the problem is.
Hope I can get this to work :)
the testsign.jar needs to be in the root directory of your computer. The app can be placed anywhere you would like. Where ever you put the app, the new signed file will be also.

jaaronmoody

Feb 25, 2009
Orlando
Oh okay, thanks.
You said to put it in the same folder as adb is why I was confused.
I'll try this out in a few.
no i said that, and it is where adb is.... at least for me... in the root dir, if you move the adb file there you don't have to enter the path every time you enter adb commands in the terminal

jessetbenton

Jan 15, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Oh okay, thanks.
You said to put it in the same folder as adb is why I was confused.
I'll try this out in a few.
i think what jaaronmoody was talking about is just putting your adb file into the root directory instead of adding to the bin. but im pretty new to the whole terminal and coding stuff, so i just know what i've picked up since having my g1.

jessetbenton

Jan 15, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
guys so lets say i put meltus audio hack in cyanogen 4.9999 and i want to sign the whole build back up how would i do that.

thank you
well if the file is good. you just have to drag the cm 4.9999.zip file onto the app and it will spit out the new signed version.

What I think is more complicated is actually modifying those files. I use virtualbox to run windows and do everything with 7zip.

Anyone know of a zip program similar to 7zip to edit the apk and zip files?

G1_Lucky

Oct 18, 2009
Las Vegas
Dude! Thanks! Alright guys get ready now that I have everything in place ADB, and signing my .zip files expect Luck's turn at android development lol. Im hecka grateful for everybody but now im ready haha thanks guys