Question Auto Updated Even Though Auto Update Was Off.

Search This thread
Hello there,

I am using the A53 5G from AT&T I got the phone in March and since I got it I turned off auto update system in developer mode. From the beginning of March till today my phone never updated then just before I logged in here my phone auto restarted at 80% battery and automatically applied the software update.

I double even triple checked to make sure that auto update system was off and it was but it still happened. Could I have done anything in addition to prevent the phone from updating?

I don't understand why this happened does anyone have any insight on this? Maybe a samsung policy like after 60 days of not updating the phone forcefully updates? I really have no clue and am just trying to figure out if I could have done more.

I know they changed their policy with downgrading but I do not know if it can still be done revert the update and downgrade because I would like to roll back the update if I can.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The OTA update app acts about the same as malware and has every permission under the sun.
Use a package disabler or adb edit to kill it.
These are the two, the com.ws.dm one is what does firmware upgrades.
Screenshot_20220516-193522_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

Reactions: Moxiipc and lycnt
The links are all different how to's for different adb you got ladp a wireless debugger app, a gui version of an adb, & a how to install adb from sdk

I just wanted to know if running that disable command is sufficient enough because it only disables it on the profile and not at the system so I didn't know if I would need to root the device to gets to truly disable it.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
The links are all different how to's for different adb you got ladp a wireless debugger app, a gui version of an adb, & a how to install adb from sdk

I just wanted to know if running that disable command is sufficient enough because it only disables it on the profile and not at the system so I didn't know if I would need to root the device to gets to truly disable it.
All I got... using Package Disabler is a lot easier.
You can ask AT&T advanced tech support to turn off OTA updates on their end. They can. I've done that before too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA update app acts about the same as malware and has every permission under the sun.
    Use a package disabler or adb edit to kill it.
    These are the two, the com.ws.dm one is what does firmware upgrades.
    Screenshot_20220516-193522_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    Thank you very much this is very important to know I appreciate it.