• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Automatic Weather Update

Search This thread

bbygfy

Aug 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I can't get my weather complications or widget to automatically update. I can manually update the weather and it will automatically update if I am connected with WiFi but not with bluetooth. I have already set locations to be always on and the Samsung Wear app on the phone is set to not be optimized for battery. Anyone else have this issue and figured out what settings I need to change?

exists2wonder

Oct 22, 2014
I can't get my weather complications or widget to automatically update. I can manually update the weather and it will automatically update if I am connected with WiFi but not with bluetooth. I have already set locations to be always on and the Samsung Wear app on the phone is set to not be optimized for battery. Anyone else have this issue and figured out what settings I need to change?
I too have noticed that my Samsung Watch 4 Classic weather app does not automatically update the temperature readings. This watch OS software seems to have bugs. I have it set to auto refresh every 1 hour. I have allow location always enabled. Tried rebooting watch several times and no fix. I have to manually update the weather app each time I want the current temperature reading. BAD! Another bug I notice is the watches speaker call volume is very very low. It seems to get stuck at a very low volume when I get a call and I can hardly hear the other party speaking! The watch dial shows the blue volume ring turned all the way up to max volume. Still low speaker volume on calls. BAD! They need to give us a software update to fix these quirks.

bbygfy

Aug 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I too have noticed that my Samsung Watch 4 Classic weather app does not automatically update the temperature readings. This watch OS software seems to have bugs. I have it set to auto refresh every 1 hour. I have allow location always enabled. Tried rebooting watch several times and no fix. I have to manually update the weather app each time I want the current temperature reading. BAD! Another bug I notice is the watches speaker call volume is very very low. It seems to get stuck at a very low volume when I get a call and I can hardly hear the other party speaking! The watch dial shows the blue volume ring turned all the way up to max volume. Still low speaker volume on calls. BAD! They need to give us a software update to fix these quirks.
I fixed by issue by adding the Weather widget to one of my home screens. Once I did that, the weather on my phone auto updated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.