Autopreconfig, new service provider notification

madvinegar

May 17, 2016
Piraeus
Sometimes I get a notification from AutoPreconfig, asking me to use new apps and configurations from my new service provider. If I open the notification, it says that to use apps and configurations from my new provider, I need to restore my phone, all my user data shall be lost, etc. I can press "ok" and nothing happens.

Why does that happen?

Anyone else getting this? Can I get rid of it without factory reseting the phone?

tsiglas

May 10, 2011
Sometimes I get a notification from AutoPreconfig, asking me to use new apps and configurations from my new service provider. If I open the notification, it says that to use apps and configurations from my new provider, I need to restore my phone, all my user data shall be lost, etc. I can press "ok" and nothing happens.

Why does that happen?

Anyone else getting this? Can I get rid of it without factory reseting the phone?
I think that this happens when for an example you live in Spain and you bought a phone for European union not Spain but Germany.... When you incert your sim card for first time it reads that your provider is in Spain but your CSC belongs to Germany so want to change your CSC from Germany to Spain .. That's why it asks you to factory reset to change your CSC...

PLEASE help from someone if I'm wrong....

Last edited:

madvinegar

May 17, 2016
Piraeus
I think that this happens when for an example you live in Spain and you bought a phone for European union not Spain but Germany.... When you incert your sim card for first time it reads that your provider is in Spain but your CSC belongs to Germany so want to change your CSC from Germany to Spain .. That's why it asks you to factory reset to change your CSC...

PLEASE help from someone if I'm wrong....
Thanx... That makes sense, but is it something new...?

I used to have an s7edge with Poland csc (XEO) but never got this message even if my sim card is from a Greek provider.

Now, I see that my S9+ has Italian csc (ITV) and I get this message because my sim card is from a Greek provider...

Why is Samsung doing this to their new models...?

If I actually do the factory reset, what more will I gain? Is it worth it or nothing will actually change apart from the csc...? Everything is working just fine now.

tsiglas

May 10, 2011
Thanx... That makes sense, but is it something new...?

I used to have an s7edge with Poland csc (XEO) but never got this message even if my sim card is from a Greek provider.

Now, I see that my S9+ has Italian csc (ITV) and I get this message because my sim card is from a Greek provider...

Why is Samsung doing this to their new models...?

If I actually do the factory reset, what more will I gain? Is it worth it or nothing will actually change apart from the csc...? Everything is working just fine now.
Yes that's exactly what is happening.
Ρε πατρίδα μπες στο myphone.gr στο θέμα του s9+ και θα στα εξηγήσουμε όλα εκεί...

madvinegar

May 17, 2016
Piraeus
So I decided to bite the bullet, and made a factory reset through the settings, with my Sim Card inserted.
It rebooted my phone, after first reboot (just on the first language selection page that appears) it prompted the message again (Autopreconfig), and asked me to revert to factory settings again so as to set up the new sim card.
I selected OK, the phone rebooted once more and this time it booted directly to my language (i.e. to the language of my carrier's sim card).
I checked the settings and also downloaded an app from Play Store to check my CSC, and indeed my CSC has changed to my country.
I had ITV (Italy) csc, and now I have EUR (Greece) csc.

So now all is ok and set up to the correct csc.

Fyi, before doing the above I had backed up everything to samsung cloud.

Last edited:
Reactions: TatteredAttic62

XavierNovella

Nov 12, 2014
Hello all,
Same problem here but, in my case, I have used the phone for some months... images, saven configs in many apps, etc...
I know such things are not saved in the samsung cloud... is there any other way to change this? Do all of them need a factory reset?