Available upgrade for MTCD Quad Core 1GB RK3188 to Octa Core 2GB PX5 Android 6.0

Search This thread

dongali

Aug 17, 2016
No more lag!

Finally we have an option to upgrade our sluggish RK3188 limited by the 1gb of ram.

The following seller has the chip to upgrade from PX3 to PX5 for $40:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Update-to-Eight-Core-CPU-with-2G-RAM-and-32GB-ROM/32797389313.html

Specifications:

RK3188 PX3
Android 5.1.1
4 Core CPU
1 GB RAM
16 GB ROM

RK3368 PX5
Android 6.0.1
8 Core CPU
2 GB RAM
32 GB ROM

Very easy plug and play upgrade process, see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smMyEOMYU8&feature=youtu.be

More information about the upgrade:
https://xdaforums.com/android-auto/...dasaita-hotaudio-android-6-0-1-ready-t3536790

I would buy this in a heart beat but I already have a Joying Intel 2gb...

Last edited:

Al Ferro

Sep 26, 2016
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Dude is this for real? what language is that? they don't show pictures of the product and looks to be fake, i'm sorry i need more reliable information.?

Nomader0

Dec 31, 2010
i don't think they are selling the board.. this just an upgrade for the purchace.. e.g you can buy an MTCD with $XXX, but you can pay $40 more and get a 2GB MTCD unit..

Fattah

Aug 16, 2007
Amsterdam
i ordered one piece. First the seller didn't want to send it. he said that it was an upgrade and is not being sold separtly. After the mail conversation the seller changed the discription.
I contacted Ali support and had a conversation with them and they going to contact the seller to send the unit.

Before:
order-ali-1.jpg

After:
order-ali-2.jpg

colostro

Dec 28, 2008
i ordered one piece. First the seller didn't want to send it. he said that it was an upgrade and is not being sold separtly. After the mail conversation the seller changed the discription.
I contacted Ali support and had a conversation with them and they going to contact the seller to send the unit.

Before:
View attachment 4095401

After:
View attachment 4095402
Same problem, and now i contacted customer care

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dec64

Jul 20, 2016
So this is just an optional purchase when purchasing a full HU from them?

dongali

Aug 17, 2016
It may be possible to ask the seller to sell it to you anyway while understanding the risk that it may not be compatible with your specific RK3188 board. I am guessing the seller is afraid that you buy it, then return because it didn't work.

Looking strictly at the specifications, there should not be any reason that the PX5 chip is selectively uncompatible with PX3 Rk3188. I have tested swapping the PX5 chip with a MTCD RK3188 for my friend and there were no problems- took less than 5 minutes to do...

colostro

Dec 28, 2008

Before:
View attachment 4095401

After:
View attachment 4095402
Any news?
I also made the order before the seller changed the description, and now he wants i cancel the order.

Fattah

Aug 16, 2007
Amsterdam
Any news?
I also made the order before the seller changed the description, and now he wants i cancel the order.

He wants me also to cancel the order, keeps saying that it is not compatible. I refuse to cancel the order. Tomorrow i gonna contact ali customer support again. Maybe if you also contact them we can make a case against hem.

colostro

Dec 28, 2008
He wants me also to cancel the order, keeps saying that it is not compatible. I refuse to cancel the order. Tomorrow i gonna contact ali customer support again. Maybe if you also contact them we can make a case against hem.
Just done yesterday.
I told them I want and i Need the item.
I don't want to cancel the order.

colostro

Dec 28, 2008
I'm trying to convince the seller and sell us the board

colostro

Dec 28, 2008
The seller keeps inviting me to cancel the order.
I refuse too

Top Liked Posts