General Avoid the Xiaomi Mi 11

Search This thread

catalindobre

May 2, 2011
Sibiu
Xiaomi Mi 10
OnePlus 8T
That was also my first thought, but the children were not at home during that time and there is no impact mark neither on glass or the frame.
If you analyze the pictures in details, you can see the crack split starts exactly from the area in contact with the frame.
If I had any doubt that this could be done by me or someone else wihout my knowledge the thread would not exist.

Last edited:

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
HAHAHAHAHAH! What a joke. I've been using mine for a month at 120hz and FHD+ and ALWAYS get at least 6 hours of SOT per day. With heavy usage and NO battery saving. Tho, I do have 5G disabled. Sounds like you need to do a factory reset. Or stop playing so many games.
Why a joke? Everybody is complaining about awful battery life. Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra have easily the worst battery life of 2021 flagships

Reactions: catalindobre

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Why a joke? Everybody is complaining about awful battery life. Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra have easily the worst battery life of 2021 flagships
I've seen those "tests". First, they're not representative of real world use. And second, I've already told you that my battery life is perfectly fine at over 6+ hours of SOT per day. So clearly not "everyone" is complaining. Third, just because the Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra drain first, doesn't mean the battery life is "bad". Fourth, two of the 5 devices in that video aren't even using the Snapdragon 888! Fifth, the Mi devices aren't running MIUI 12.5 which improves the battery longevity by like 15%. Try harder next time.

Reactions: speedtripler
Mar 1, 2021
Lol, i can only smile of joy reading this thread. It sounded fishy to me as well.. But i was more annoyed by the fact that he advices not to buy this phone. All because his phone represents all the sold phones in the entire world. Hue hue

fingery

Lmao, Xiaomi did the worst 888 smartphones with the Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra in terms of battery consumption. Even the Ultra has worse battery life than OP9 Pro and Oppo Find X3 Pro that have 10% less battery capacity.
More than 1 day with beavy usage? Even with light use, i struggle to get 24h with no more than 3h of SOT. Average, it last me 18h with 5h of SOT with light use, 60hz FHD+
I'm with you on this and see exactly the same. I've not had a phone with as poor battery life in years. I doubt i can get a full day with normal usage. I dont game...just web browsing and social media. By lunchtime i'm usually down to about 55/60 percent so end up putting it on charge otherwise i'll be struggling by 8/9pm.
I've seen no improvement with updated firmware including EEA ROM, 12.5.1.0. Phone is debloated. SOT is usually around 3 hours per day. I run 60Hz WQHD+ with 5G enabled.

It's great phone with very disappointing battery life.

Only thing i'm going to change now is disabling 5G as really very minimal coverage near me and see what difference that makes.

RoughNeck1971

• Feb 26, 2013
    Hamburg
    I also just want to give one comment. I had regularly OnePlus devices since the Oneplus 3. And battery was always very bad in the beginning (I wanted to have the devices immediately when they were available). After around 2 months with updates it was getting better and better. I didn't mind to be honest. And I also don't find it fair to say that the device is crap. i'm using the weekly updates from .eu and I'm extremely satisfied.. After 27 hours I'm down from 100% to 40% remaining with 3h9m of screen on. Honestly I'm using mainly mail, telegram, whatsapp and stuff but not playing at all. So I'm totally sure that battery life will even get better and better in the next weeks as the software will improve.
    In between I had also samsung galaxy S9, one Asus and HTC. Bought right from start the battery was nowhere great.

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
    I'm with you on this and see exactly the same. I've not had a phone with as poor battery life in years. I doubt i can get a full day with normal usage. I dont game...just web browsing and social media. By lunchtime i'm usually down to about 55/60 percent so end up putting it on charge otherwise i'll be struggling by 8/9pm.
    I've seen no improvement with updated firmware including EEA ROM, 12.5.1.0. Phone is debloated. SOT is usually around 3 hours per day. I run 60Hz WQHD+ with 5G enabled.

It's great phone with very disappointing battery life.

Only thing i'm going to change now is disabling 5G as really very minimal coverage near me and see what difference that makes.
    I'm sorry, but if you've done all that and you are still having battery problems, then your phone is DEFECTIVE. PERIOD. I'm between 6 to 7 hours SOT DAILY and have done nothing to save battery other than disable 5G as coverage in my area is not good. I'm running FHD+ and 120hz. I'm completely stock. Maybe you should try running the stock rom? Maybe you live in an area where your cell signal is not great and the radios are constantly searching for an improved signal. You should at the very least factory reset the device.

Blitzz.666

Jan 10, 2018
    Whenever you see specs for high end phones, you will always see 120hz and WQHD+...but not all phones can do both at the same time, with the most amazing amoled panel haptic feedback, 1500 nits and SD888. How could a 4600 mAh phone last 2 days with these specs? I have my Mi 11 with that rubbish Germany EEA VF (vodafone) rom and it's pretty bad, but tomorrow my time will come to unlock my bootloader and apply the latest xiaomi.eu rom.

Disyraq

Sep 15, 2015
    Xiaomi Mi 11
    Whenever you see specs for high end phones, you will always see 120hz and WQHD+...but not all phones can do both at the same time, with the most amazing amoled panel haptic feedback, 1500 nits and SD888. How could a 4600 mAh phone last 2 days with these specs? I have my Mi 11 with that rubbish Germany EEA VF (vodafone) rom and it's pretty bad, but tomorrow my time will come to unlock my bootloader and apply the latest xiaomi.eu rom.
    Let us know if u managed to do it, some people have been having problem with flashing eu on VF mi 11

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    I've seen those "tests". First, they're not representative of real world use. And second, I've already told you that my battery life is perfectly fine at over 6+ hours of SOT per day. So clearly not "everyone" is complaining. Third, just because the Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra drain first, doesn't mean the battery life is "bad". Fourth, two of the 5 devices in that video aren't even using the Snapdragon 888! Fifth, the Mi devices aren't running MIUI 12.5 which improves the battery longevity by like 15%. Try harder next time.
    The s21 ultra uses a throttled down version of the sd888 to "last longer"

I don't use it for games so I prefer it unthrottled and fast when I need it

You forgot to mention it charges twice as fast as the others also so it's perfectly manageable with a little bit of thought

Lower the refresh rate to 60hz or go down to fhd or use 4g instead of 5g if you need to extend battery life by about 30% but I rarely need to do any of this with the 67w charger and 5k battery I have not run out once away from home

Reactions: NMC23

Limeybastard

• Oct 3, 2013
    Florida unfortunately.
    I think you miss the point of a free forum, sharing info and experiences about this damn phone, equally good or bad.
    Should I just hide it in the sand just that you feel proud about your device?
    Mate if you don't like my thread and don't have any relevant thoughts about it, move on !?
    Don't give people advices that they didn't ask for, especially what to do with their money!
    Remind me, what is this thread about again? Battery or screen breaking by itself? And just for the record, I wish no negativity towards you or anyone that has accidentally broken their screens.It happens to the best of us.

Disyraq

Sep 15, 2015
    Xiaomi Mi 11
    I'm sorry, but if you've done all that and you are still having battery problems, then your phone is DEFECTIVE. PERIOD. I'm between 6 to 7 hours SOT DAILY and have done nothing to save battery other than disable 5G as coverage in my area is not good. I'm running FHD+ and 120hz. I'm completely stock. Maybe you should try running the stock rom? Maybe you live in an area where your cell signal is not great and the radios are constantly searching for an improved signal. You should at the very least factory reset the device.
    Yup, i think resetting and manually restoring the apps helps with the battery life. I run 120hz WQHD+ with 70% brightness location off for the most part and on LTE only and i get 5 and a half-6 hours of battery life. Im on xiaomi.eu stable rom. Cant complain much

Reactions: xphyle1971

Blitzz.666

Jan 10, 2018
    Let us know if u managed to do it, some people have been having problem with flashing eu on VF mi 11
    I'm on xiaomi.eu 12.0.7.0 now, and it's amazing. batterly life, performance, features, everything is as expected.
    I simply unlocked my bootloader using mi unlock and then downloaded the rom(which is not a .zip archive to be flashed via twrp, but a .zip which needs to be extracted). Put my Mi11 in flashboot mode, and ran the windows .bat file for wipe data as moving from stock to custom. let it flash for about 10 minutes and waited another 5 for the rom to boot up.
    I just love the framework of MIUI 12.5 + amazing brightness + 1 billion colors +120 hz + QWHD+ gorilla glass victus + curved screen!
    It's the most premium screen experience you could ever have(until under display front cameras, of course).

Reactions: Disyraq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      had it for repair 2 weeks, now it is back and it's like brand new.
      I give it 2 weeks a 2nd chance, if it does not behave nice, I sell it.
      had it for repair 2 weeks, now it is back and it's like brand new.
      I give it 2 weeks a 2nd chance, if it does not behave nice, I sell it.
      Come on man
      Screens don't just break for no reason! 🤣
      don't avoid the mi 11
      I have no such issues as thread starter with my Mi 11 (that I have been using for 2 months)

there isnt a smartphone with top of the line SOC Like Mi 11s (snapdragon 888) that can last more than a day od heavy use - complaining about battery is pointless with flagships - they all struggle to get more than a day of use (especially with 120Hz enabled)

I have been using my Mi 11 without any case or protection whatsoever since I bought it and I have zero scratches or dents - this phone uses latest gorilla glass victus on the front and gorilla glass 6 on the back - same as every other 2021 flagship
      there are no compromises made when it comes to build quality of this phone

the only thing I can agree with are poor thermals but only when playing most demanding games on highest graphics - phone does get uncomfortably hot (but I have to check if this has been fixed in MIUI 12.5)

you were unlucky and got a defective unit - advising people to stay away from this phone because you were unlucky is laughable
      this could have happened with any other brand of phone you bought

do you **** on Samsung because bunch of note7 burst into flames?

and no, I am not a fanboy
      android phones I have owned so far: HTC Desire, HTC One X, Sony Z1, LG G4, Samsung Note8
      OP means he doesnt remember or recall what impacted the edge of his device. That 100% is impact damage.
      @catalindobre Then dont be in this forum, sell your phone and bye..

Pff dont be such a kid about it. Why would you start a thread to bash the phone of which this place is for? Or you just want attention? It is either way cringe and sad.

It is a fine phone, of all the thousands of phones, you found a cracked one. But ALL phones are bad now. Makes sense..
      FRIENDLY REMINDER

There will always be people who like/love a device, those who dislike/hate it. Everyone's experience with a device is different. And everyone is allowed to express their opinion on this forum. If someone doesn't like a device and is recommending not buying it, remember to not take it personally if you like/love the device and that it is not targeted towards you.

If you don't agree with their opinion, you can say so in the thread, but politely. That disagreement of opinion should not violate any of the Forum Rules, especially the ones related to language, behaviour, rudeness, personal attacks, etc. or appropriate action will be taken.

Please, be kind to each other. Always. :)

Regards,
      shadowstep
      Forum Moderator