• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Axon 7 Homescreen no Menu Button?

Search This thread

sonypsx

Aug 5, 2016
Hello,

i'm a little bit confused, but my ZTE Axon 7 does not show the menu Button.
I've only Telefon, SMS, Browser and Camera
It looks like this:

I'm missing the button with the 6 dots in the middle like it is shown on the first shot on the ZTE page.

I'm not new to android but new to android 6 and Axon7
How can i add it?

Regards
sonypsx

sonypsx

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for your reply, but even if i change the theme for example from "Platinum" to "Classic 4.0" (they are all built in themes) an app drawer Button or menu does not appear.
Even the the control buttons as shown on the preview (triangle, circle, square and the 3 dots are not appearing.
I was addicted to that menu button all the time as long as i used samsung mobiles - and i miss this thing badly.

It seems to be there are some differences between ZTE A2017U and ZTE A2017G version (the version with the "G" is mine)
I would be glad if anyone could point them out .

regards
sonypsx

aknotts415

May 6, 2014
Thanks for your reply, but even if i change the theme for example from "Platinum" to "Classic 4.0" (they are all built in themes) an app drawer Button or menu does not appear.
Even the the control buttons as shown on the preview (triangle, circle, square and the 3 dots are not appearing.
I was addicted to that menu button all the time as long as i used samsung mobiles - and i miss this thing badly.

It seems to be there are some differences between ZTE A2017U and ZTE A2017G version (the version with the "G" is mine)

regards
sonypsx

on the USA versions there is no classic 4.0 or Platinum themes. I'm guessing you have the chinese one? If you pull down the notification shade on the top right hand corner theres a gear that will take you to settings. Is that what you mean?

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

There is NO app drawer with ZTE launcher (MiFavor) , I'm using the A2017U and i use Nova Launcher

There is an app drawer on the usa version of the axon 7 with the stock android theme. But the miflavor theme does not have an app drawer.

Reactions: sonypsx

sonypsx

Aug 5, 2016
Thanks too all.
Nova Launcher and everything is in place like it should.

However i'm still very curious which exact Version is the ZTE A2017G - chinese or EU version - would be very important for me because of the supported LT Bands! especially the 20!
MAybe someone has an answer on this!

regards
sonypsx

Ogre6473

Aug 20, 2008
Houston
Um... so here's the proper solution to this question. If you open settings, there is a menu entry that lets you set the default apps for certain features. The phone comes with MiFavor, or Stock Android as options. If you select Stock Android the menu button will come back.

sonypsx

Aug 5, 2016
So .. right - there is in fact an entry which is called "Overview" if i reset this i have the option between "Overview" and "Nova Launcher" - if i choose "Overview" again - no Apps drawer :(
Going back to Nova - everything is fine!

I've contacted ZTE China and start asking questions which exact version i have.
If its the chinese version - the shop which offered me this as the EU version will get troubles!

If anyone can give me a hint how to find out the supported LTE Band by some code - i would be happy!

Regards
sonypsx

Gachmuret

Jul 19, 2009
So .. right - there is in fact an entry which is called "Overview" if i reset this i have the option between "Overview" and "Nova Launcher" - if i choose "Overview" again - no Apps drawer :(

If its the chinese version - the shop which offered me this as the EU version will get troubles!

If anyone can give me a hint how to find out the supported LTE Band by some code - i would be happy!

Regards
sonypsx

The Chinese version has chinese letters and modelnunber ZTEA2017 on its back, the US ZTEA2017U so I guess ZTEA2017G should be EU version...

But to be sure check the about section in the settings also ;)

grobschmit

Mar 16, 2017
The ZTEA2017G is the version sold in Australia, it is the newer version that handles more of the LTE bands.
You need this version to use LTE band 28 (700Mhz) or 4GX as Telstra call it.
If I had know they removed the app draw and no option to choose a stock android theme I would have chosen a different phone, after syncing my phone it managed to create 19 desktops full of icons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is NO app drawer with ZTE launcher (MiFavor) , I'm using the A2017U and i use Nova Launcher

regards
    sonypsx

on the USA versions there is no classic 4.0 or Platinum themes. I'm guessing you have the chinese one? If you pull down the notification shade on the top right hand corner theres a gear that will take you to settings. Is that what you mean?

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

There is an app drawer on the usa version of the axon 7 with the stock android theme. But the miflavor theme does not have an app drawer.
    Um... so here's the proper solution to this question. If you open settings, there is a menu entry that lets you set the default apps for certain features. The phone comes with MiFavor, or Stock Android as options. If you select Stock Android the menu button will come back.
    Not on the chinese phone...

Regards
    sonypsx

The Chinese version has chinese letters and modelnunber ZTEA2017 on its back, the US ZTEA2017U so I guess ZTEA2017G should be EU version...

But to be sure check the about section in the settings also ;)