• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

B381 Beta Released through HiCare for Huawei P9 EVA-L19C636

Search This thread

KoronadalKid

Mar 29, 2016
Koronadal
no and it will never happen. afaik you can atleast remove twrp and change it back to erecovery while root is intact, after you're done with the update you can just go install twrp again.

Thanks bro. Has someone tried this before? And another question, once I replace the TWRP by the stock recovery, will my phone get factory reset or won't the data get affected?

swedenboy

Feb 22, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Thanks bro. Has someone tried this before? And another question, once I replace the TWRP by the stock recovery, will my phone get factory reset or won't the data get affected?

Once you relock bootloader, all internal storage will be deleted.
FOr more information, in my case using AL10 debranded to L19, relock bootloader then my phone occured serious damage on system, then it was temporary brick. I had to do lots of step to bring it back.

My suggestion for rooted device, want to relock bootloader and receive OTA is:
- flash stock recovery
- flash intermedia rom, using guide from this page: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/how-to/rollback-eva-l19-android-7-0-emui-5-0-t3496091 . It is applicable for L19 also (even debranded device)
- flash MM stock rom, then the bootloader will be relock
- Apply OTA update.

of course your device will be wipe totally, incl. internal storage.

Last edited:

KoronadalKid

Mar 29, 2016
Koronadal
Hi, guys! So I was able to update my rooted Huawei P9 phone from 361 to 381 (I updated through phone, I think I chose to download the 2g file instead of the 500MB+). It was really successful, though, as I checked, the root was removed so I tried installing it again. I wanted it to be still rooted so I followed this tutorial in order to do so: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/twrp-t3565703/post71244945#post71244945. However, As I try to reboot my phone using fastboot on CMD, I got bootloop. Right now I cannot connect my phone to the computer since it cannot read it whenever i enter the fastboot/bootloader mode. I tried using the DLOAD technique but then I am stuck on the 5% and it always fails. I also tried the recovery thru WIFI thing but it also gives me the same result.

I think the most important thing for me right now is to get my phone detected by the computer when I plug it so I can do stuff with the bootloader. Please help me. :(

trettet

Dec 5, 2009
Argao
The Powet Intensive prompt hasn't prompted me of any apps that is using too much power on the background for days! And there has been no new apps listed in "History of Power Intensive apps" since I updated to B381, this could be the reason why people are having poor battery on the latest update, the system has not been monitoring and auto closing power intensive apps on the background :crying:

KoronadalKid

Mar 29, 2016
Koronadal
Hi, guys! I have successfully fixed my phone by using the dload method.. i downloaded an update file and it fixed everything.. however, as I try relocking my OEM.. all the system apps like camera, huawei ID, updater, and a lot more are missing. I've been searching for the right file on Google but it seems like no one has uploaded the B381 OTA yet.. Can someone help me find the zip file for those apps? Help will be surely greatly appreciated. I

swedenboy

Feb 22, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Hi, guys! I have successfully fixed my phone by using the dload method.. i downloaded an update file and it fixed everything.. however, as I try relocking my OEM.. all the system apps like camera, huawei ID, updater, and a lot more are missing. I've been searching for the right file on Google but it seems like no one has uploaded the B381 OTA yet.. Can someone help me find the zip file for those apps? Help will be surely greatly appreciated. I
You should try using this intermediate update.app to get it back to MM stock rom then make OTA to Nougat later.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/how-to/rollback-eva-l19-android-7-0-emui-5-0-t3496091

Top Liked Posts