Back Glass crack, help?

Search This thread

manniekotty

Apr 25, 2012
Hello guys,

I'm from Brazil and here we still don't have the new Xperia Z, but I bought one in Europe and now I have a problem.

I really don't know how, but the glass on the back is cracked. It's on the inferior left corner.

The problem is that now I'm not able to use it without looking this crack.
Is there any place that has this glass??? I don't think it's easy to change it because it's waterproof, so I guess it's not that easy.

Sorry for my bad english, but I really need help of you guys.

Thank you

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Hello guys,

I'm from Brazil and here we still don't have the new Xperia Z, but I bought one in Europe and now I have a problem.

I really don't know how, but the glass on the back is cracked. It's on the inferior left corner.

Is there any place that has this glass??? I don't think it's easy to change it because it's waterproof, so I guess it's not that easy.

Thank you

It's easy to change, the back part is just glued to the front part, there was a video that showed that you can remove the back part just by heating up the back part.
But I don't know where you can buy spare parts I think it will be expensive though.

Here is the disassemble video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrtamZuf7E

Here is a site where you can buy spare parts (Found in the description link of the video)
http://rounded.com/xperia-z-l36h/

ishun06

Aug 16, 2008
xperia z back glass broken

same here with me my xperia z back glass is broken i left it on charging and dont no how my back glass is broken

iDroid8

Dec 18, 2012
London
Hello guys,

Thank you

I don't understand do you use the back of your phone a lot?

nhonbeo

Dec 19, 2011
Hochiminh City
Same here. I am from Viet Nam. And my Black Glass screen - FRONT SCREEN is broken from hear speaker to left size of the screen. Now i can use this phone Normally but anything i have is half touchscreen. So Harder to control it .....
I waiting to some place sell this LCD parts. I think the LCD and Touch panel is 1 parts and that part is too too too expensive. And Heard somewhere when we replace the Touchscreen this phone is not have water proof......
What the suck Dragontrail glass......and SONY logo !! dude..... i can believed this glass it broken easily !! And now i dont know how it broken. I just charging the phone over night.....

Goodluck for all Xperia Z member whom do not have this problem !!! =((

Last edited:

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012

He might not, but I can imagine that it's annoying when you know that there is a crack on the back.
Same as when you do a test to see if there are dead pixels, you see some, but you only see them when you do the test, many people might be annoyed by the fact that there are dead pixels.

iDroid8

Dec 18, 2012
London
He might not, but I can imagine that it's annoying when you know that there is a crack on the back.
Same as when you do a test to see if there are dead pixels, you see some, but you only see them when you do the test, many people might be annoyed by the fact that there are dead pixels.

I'd understand if it was on the front, but this is on the back, and for some reason, when there's nothing wrong the front he feels he has to look at the back?

manniekotty

Apr 25, 2012

Hello,
The problem is that I own this phone less than a week.... so It botter me a LOT! It's really annoying when you buy something new, and it scratches, or break, or something like that.

I'm waiting for replacement parts......... hope they are available soon

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Hello,
The problem is that I own this phone less than a week.... so It botter me a LOT! It's really annoying when you buy something new, and it scratches, or break, or something like that.

I'm waiting for replacement parts......... hope they are available soon

And there I thought i gave you a link already, maybe I should remove it....

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
between you and me.

Glass of the phone is "piece of s_h_i_t". Annoying and "unlimited" finger prints makes this phone looks like $200 Chinese copy.
Plus another problem with screen cracks like on Nexus 4.

Great job keep it up :silly:

jam35z

Mar 25, 2013
Another Broken Class

Yes same here, my back glass cracked...... Its was in my pocket then I pulled my phone out and put it on a leather couch, within seconds I heard a "Tick" I picked up my phone and the glass had cracked.

Hot in the pocket and cold leather couch made this glass crack. also happened to my wifes phone 20mins ago when she put it on the kitchen bench.... that's what made me write this to this thread.

Massive fault with this phone. Totally ruined the IP rating now which was the reason why I brought this phone. And there is no where selling replacements of glass yet.

lyndonguti

Sep 29, 2011
Milano
between you and me.

Glass of the phone is "piece of s_h_i_t". Annoying and "unlimited" finger prints makes this phone looks like $200 Chinese copy.

If you do not like style..well xperia z and glass type is not for you..glass is elegant to see...plastic is not..its up to you how to handle it

sent from my XPERIA Z using tapatalk

Reactions: leechgod27

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
If you do not like style..well xperia z and glass type is not for you..glass is elegant to see...plastic is not..its up to you how to handle it

WTF man ? :mad:
Read my post again.

Did I said I don't like the phone?
Did I said I don't like a design?
Did I said I like plastic more ?

The glass/quality of the phone is ****ty garbage. Because is getting dirty/dust so easy + hard to clean.
Totally when the phone is dirty it looks like a Chinese copy.

Regards.

Last edited:

lyndonguti

Sep 29, 2011
Milano
WTF man ? :mad:
Read my post again.

Did I said I don't like the phone?
Did I said I don't like a design?
Did I said I like plastic more ?

The glass/quality of the phone is ****ty garbage. Because is getting dirty/dust so easy + hard to clean.
Totally when the phone is dirty it looks like a Chinese copy.

Regards.

lol i always around the xperia thread reading everything like i always doing in galaxy s2 thread...i have no idea that it was you:eek:

well sorry if you take it personally....anyway respect your decision :thumbup:
i was refering to general all who dont want glass:)

ishun06

Aug 16, 2008
Same here. I am from Viet Nam. And my Black Glass screen - FRONT SCREEN is broken from hear speaker to left size of the screen. Now i can use this phone Normally but anything i have is half touchscreen. So Harder to control it .....
I waiting to some place sell this LCD parts. I think the LCD and Touch panel is 1 parts and that part is too too too expensive. And Heard somewhere when we replace the Touchscreen this phone is not have water proof......
What the suck Dragontrail glass......and SONY logo !! dude..... i can believed this glass it broken easily !! And now i dont know how it broken. I just charging the phone over night.....

Goodluck for all Xperia Z member whom do not have this problem !!! =((

same issue is with i hav given my phone in service center they are annoying that it was a physical damage but after request they accepted the phone said that there is no scracth and pressure on it we send this phone to there head office in the research team in manufacturing plant they will check the phone heather it was external damage or itself hell this time sony customer service is very poor in the custumers service apple and samsung are vry good aplle was best in case of customer service i left my phone on charging overnight more than 9 hours dont knon when the glass is broken when i wake up and remove my phone the back glas is broken a hair line type crack is there from top to bottom edge to edge it was not noticable but it was broken hell this time with the sony poor customer service even the service center talk rudly what can we do the its not tough as steel sony was clamig that it was the toughest phone in the market and all ....

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
This could be a serious problem that could affect all devices, I always charge the phone at night, stays that way like 7-10 hours, I didn't thought that it could crack when the temperature varies. Not cool SONY!

Thaevil0ne

Jul 26, 2011
Wow, this topic got me worried a lot.
After having a look at this video I tought it would be strong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o3yMw2L3tJA
As that guy sure is smacking the phone all over the place without any damage left to the phone.

I think your problem must have something to do with heat when charging.
But that should not be a problem as this phone is also "snow proof".
Taking it from the snow to inside should make it crack aswell then?

Sure hope you guys get your phones fixed soon.

Kind regards, Stefan.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    between you and me.