• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Back has scratch or crack from just pocket.

Search This thread

pjcanales

Dec 18, 2010
Batesville
I read about the whole no mrtal in pocket as it can damage your phone. But my pockets are empty and notice on the back on the ce016 number there a scratch or hairline crack. I'm always super careful with my phones. And usually get a otterbox case. However since there isnt a case for it yet, referring to defender series i been rocking it solo. If i were to put my nail on the area and rub run it over I can feel it. Anyone else had this issue? If i were to guess maybe half a inch kind of curve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using XDA-Developers mobile app

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I read about the whole no mrtal in pocket as it can damage your phone. But my pockets are empty and notice on the back on the ce016 number there a scratch or hairline crack. I'm always super careful with my phones. And usually get a otterbox case. However since there isnt a case for it yet, referring to defender series i been rocking it solo. If i were to put my nail on the area and rub run it over I can feel it. Anyone else had this issue? If i were to guess maybe half a inch kind of curve.

Good news is that you'll be getting a new one soon. I would buy a clear protector for the back (and front maybe).
I set my phone face down on a table and now there is a tiny scratch near the front camera. Nothing major, but noticeable. I already ordered a dront and rear clear protector combo for when I do the recall exchange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

mhill1986

Jul 10, 2015
OtterBox defender is available now!

bh87771

Jul 20, 2012
Mine fell out of my pocket sitting on a chair from a foot and it's now cracked. My note 4 would of and definitely has survived this kind of fall. I took it out of the case since we are getting new phones, just to carry it without a case for awhile. The new one will def be in a case 24/7. It shouldn't of cracked so easily.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Mine fell out of my pocket sitting on a chair from a foot and it's now cracked. My note 4 would of and definitely has survived this kind of fall. I took it out of the case since we are getting new phones, just to carry it without a case for awhile. The new one will def be in a case 24/7. It shouldn't of cracked so easily.

My day old Note5 fell from 2 feet and landed half on grass, half on the patio. The top back corner hit the patio. It spider webbed the top 1/3 of the phone. The Note 4 was plastic. Any glass phone is going to be fragile. The good news was Samsung replaced the back for $75 including shipping out of warranty.