• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Back to stock for ls980 sprint

Search This thread

centro714

May 22, 2010
Since I wiped all my data and was able to flash a custom rom, how do I get back to stock?

I saw a thread for all the other variants on this but not one specific for sprint.

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda app-developers app

centro714

May 22, 2010
Or does anyone have a clean stock back up file they can pm me? (Is that even possible?)

centro714

May 22, 2010

blaskewitts

Mar 30, 2011
back to stock

the process took around 10 minutes for me. Let me know if you need help finding the correct files.

centro714

May 22, 2010
the process took around 10 minutes for me. Let me know if you need help finding the correct files.

I've been reading the guides so let me clarify: if I can get into download mode, I can skip the first guide?

And I don't see sprint DLL or tot file. Can you point me to the download?

Appreciate your help on this.

Last edited:

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Last edited:

Gub40897

Feb 2, 2010
Is it possible for someone to make a nandroid backup of their stock ROM, then post a DL link?

Then we could just DL the backup, manually copy it to our phone to the proper folder, and restore it through TWRP or CWM. Does that work?

I've never tried but it seems much more simple! Sorry in advance if that is a stupid idea and doesn't work. If not, explain why!

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Is it possible for someone to make a nandroid backup of their stock ROM, then post a DL link?

Then we could just DL the backup, manually copy it to our phone to the proper folder, and restore it through TWRP or CWM. Does that work?

I've never tried but it seems much more simple! Sorry in advance if that is a stupid idea and doesn't work. If not, explain why!

No that doesn't work because you can't make a backup in TWRP or CWM of the stock based ROM when you are unrooted since if you are unrooted you can't flash TWRP or CWM. The earliest you can make a nandroid backup is right after you root and flash TWRP recovery.

When you do an OTA, the Sprint stock OTA update looks for valid files in certain directories that the root method might have changed and any certificates might be invalid so it doesn't install. That is why some folks who rooted and then do the OTA and the OTA install fails and they get bootlooped. This is why they say if you are rooted, do NOT take the OTA update. If you must, like in the case of Verizon you should take the OTA first when you are unrooted, let it install and then root.

Deejayadhd

Sep 17, 2012
not working for me.. i have twrp and aospa 4.4 kk alpha. i downloaded the sprint return to stock zip and followed all instructions to the letter. everything seems fine untill the final step where it will actually flash then it tells me (lg flash tool) download failed, device model is different. really stressing me out i would like to get back to stock.appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Clipboard-1.jpg
    Clipboard-1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 401

tinpaul

Dec 25, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Am asking because I thought that the zip file we all downloaded could be flash via recovery and not just the flash tool?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Deejayadhd

Sep 17, 2012
Nah it holds a sprint tot image file and a dll and needs to be flashed using the LG tool.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts