BACK TO WEAR 1.5 FROM 2.0(COMPLETE GUIDE) and ELIMINATE THE PERSISTENT UPDATE NOTIFIC

Search This thread

GTDarthYoda

Jul 1, 2012
I wanted to try this new solution, but it appears the Mediafire link in the original post for the SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip is no longer valid, and I guess I need that.
Anyone can help? Thanks!

I don't know if it's specifically that but I used this and it works.

Attachments

• SuperSU-2.79-wear.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 189

StarShoot97

Sep 25, 2013
I tried all day to disable this damn notification, tried all the files available here and none worked. Tried to install Magisk, got superuser rights on the first try and disabling the notification worked immediately :)
If anyone else has issues try Magisk ;)

peterl23451

Jan 3, 2015
Details please

I tried all day to disable this damn notification, tried all the files available here and none worked. Tried to install Magisk, got superuser rights on the first try and disabling the notification worked immediately :)
If anyone else has issues try Magisk ;)

Can you elaborate. I went back to 1.5 and did everything in this thread but a few months ago the update came back. I redid everything but it comes back almost immediately now.
I had Superuser rights so not sure if the magisk will help me.

StarShoot97

Sep 25, 2013
Can you elaborate. I went back to 1.5 and did everything in this thread but a few months ago the update came back. I redid everything but it comes back almost immediately now.
I had Superuser rights so not sure if the magisk will help me.

Did exactly what is described in the OP, but instead of using SuperSU I just installed the latest Magisk zip file.
In the end used these instructions from one of the comments, did not receive the notification since writing my post.

1) adb shell
2) su
3) pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService
4) pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService
5) su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

peterl23451

Jan 3, 2015
Thank you

Did exactly what is described in the OP, but instead of using SuperSU I just installed the latest Magisk zip file.
In the end used these instructions from one of the comments, did not receive the notification since writing my post.

1) adb shell
2) su
5) su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

I did that at some point as well.
Just noticed in my settings>about that I'm actually on 1.3
Which firmware system version did you use to rollback to 1.5?

Thanks again

pawpatrolparent

Nov 7, 2019
Looking for twrp-3.0.0-0-lenok+squashfs.img with md5sum

Could somebody upload and send a link for twrp-3.0.0-0-lenok+squashfs.img please, plus the md5sum data?
Getting the "Failed to mount /system/" error too and think it's because I tried w a different file than the one above.
Thanks!
R

pavl1ko

May 3, 2020
I am too looking for twrp-3.0.0-0-lenok+squashfs.img
I had it in my backups but I lost it and now I see that there is nothing on the web anymore

MUBIN92

Sep 24, 2021
if anyone needs it as a adb command, i have attached the file. just rename the extension (.txt) to .bat and put it in the folder where you have the adb.exe application stored.

Attachments

• lg g watch r.txt
    1 KB · Views: 18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    Some Italian guys asked me for this guide because they did not find anything complete and detailed. Thanks to the XDA members' publications I could put together the pieces and write it down. I apologize for my English but I'm not very good, especially for technical terms. I hope I can help someone.

BACK TO ANDROID WEAR 1.5 FROM 2.0(COMPLETE GUIDE)

1. Download the software ADB installer 1.4.3 from this link compatible with Windows 10: http://uploadboy.com/tsp1bpbe9gtj/1082/zip
    From here you can download an older version 1.3 for Windows 7: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
    2. Open the .exe file already downloaded with administrator privileges and follow the installation procedure to install the drivers
    3. Download the three image files of the build "M1D65H" (boot, recovery, system) that you find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch-r/development/fastboot-zip-factory-images-t3405311
    4. Insert the files into the folder that created the ADB Installer that is normally the path "c:\adb"
    5. Download tool "WinDroid Toolkit" from here (some antivirus swapping it for threat and eliminating it, in this case turn it off momentarily) :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=17244
    6. Start with administrator privileges "WinDroid Toolkit"
    7. Follow the instructions for installing the drivers required by the tool and select the model of the clock
    8. Activate developer options on the clock: (Settings> System) by clicking "build number" repeatedly until unlocking the menu that will be among the main options
    9. In the developer options menu, activate the "debug ADB"
    10. Turn off the clock
    11. With the clock off, hold down the physical key and in the meantime repeatedly tap your finger on the screen from minute 55 to 25 until the watch has entered the mode fastboot
    12. Connect the clock to PC usb port via cable and charging base
    13. Now "WinDroid Tool" should recognize the clock and below you will see that the "Offline" script becomes "Fatboot"
    14. Click on "Unlock Bootloader" and proceed by accepting the various message from the tool
    15. A confirmation message appears on the clock display, click on the right arrow and then on the central button to continue
    Now the bootloader of the clock is unlocked and we can continue to install the three previously downloaded files. Close "Windroid Tool"
    16. In the "adb" folder at the "c:\adb" path, click on a drop-down menu at any point in the chain and right-click and shift at the same time. Click on "Open command window here"
    17. In the newly opened window, give the following commands one at a time and wait for each one to complete the operation:
    1) fastboot -w
    2) fastboot flash boot M1D65H_boot.img
    3) fastboot flash recovery M1D65H_recovery.img
    4) fastboot flash system M1D65H_system.img
    Finally, to restart the clock, use the following command:
    5) fastboot reboot
    N.B. Before pairing the watch on the cellphone again remove the link, inside the Android wear app, clock and uninstall and reinstall the app.
    Finished!

ELIMINATE THE PERSISTENT UPDATE NOTIFICATION

1. Download the .zip file containing the custom recovery and root to this address:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qllnc7...+R+Utility.zip
    2. Unzip the .zip file and insert the "twrp-3.0.0-0-lenok+squashfs.img" file into the "c:\adb" folder
    3. In the Clock Developer Options menu, activate the "Debug ADB" (to enable them to follow the procedure above)
    4. Connect the clock to the pc via the cable and charging base
    5. Open "WinDroid Tool", go to the "Commands" tab and click on "push file". Select the file "SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip", wait for the procedure to complete and disconnect the clock from the PC.
    6. Turn off the clock
    7. With the clock off, hold down the physical key and in the meantime crawl your finger repeatedly on the screen from minute 55 to minute 25 until the clock has entered fastboot mode
    8. Connect the clock to the pc
    9. In the "adb" folder at the "c: \ adb" path, click on a drop-down menu at any point in the chain and right-click and shift at the same time. Click on "Open command window here"
    10. In the window just open, give the following command and wait for the completion:
    -) fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-lenok+squashfs.img
    11. From the clock using the arrows and the confirmation button down to start the "recovery mode"
    12. Accept the warning message and after selecting the language click on "install" and select, with the touchscreen, the .zip file "SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip", wait for the procedure to complete.
    13. Restart the system and wait for the clock to turn on.
    14. In the previously opened command window, give the following commands one at a time and wait for them to complete and complete:
    1) adb shell
    2) su
    Finished!
    Same issue, "charge watch to install update" notification is back. Disabling update services doesn't help. "update.zip" file is still in /cache/, and cannot be touched, even under SU.

Not sure what else to try.

Weird, I had no such file there, besides my own 1 byte update.zip

edit:
    disabled com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService and it might have solved the issue.... at least the notification disappeared immediately.

I noticed it calling an update in logcat:
    08-11 19:19:49.031 1287 1593 I SystemUpdate: [Execution,InstallationEventIntentOperation] Received intent (Intent { act=com.google.android.gms.update.INSTALLATION_EVENT cat=[targeted_intent_op_prefix:.update.execution.InstallationEventIntentOperation] cmp=com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService (has extras) }) with event 200.

now restarting and hoping for no update...

edit 2: no update notification yet, ad it should have already appeared. Though I have no idea what else I might have broken in the process. We'll see

command to run is:
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService
    (absolutely no warranties it works for you and/or doesn't break things. It might burn your house down, raise zombies, start voting for Trump Jr, etc...)
    Many thanks riccardo423

I have managed to rollback my lg g watch r to android wear 1.5 AND suppress those pesky update notifications using your guide. I noticed your mediafire link to the custom recovery file is broken. There is an alternative download at http://www.mediafire.com/file/qllnc77jtdqxtdl/Lg+Watch+R+Utility.zip (posted by Dettofatto in a previous xda thread) which also contains the two additional required files.

Luigino1
    +1, update notification came for my watch too. Dam you, Google!

the commands
    pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService
    pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService
    are no longer enough unfortunately.

Weird thing is that I can't remember when I updated Google services last time. Definitely at least weeks ago.

...Just what I needed, a potentilly unusable watch right before a long holiday. Google has the best presents....

Seriously, I'd love it if google just wouldn't mess with it for 5-10 years?
    (I looked at installing custom ROMs, the one I found basically started with "install linux". Sorry, can't and won't.)

edit: tried
    cd /data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_download/
    echo "" > update.zip
    chattr +i update.zip

but still no cookie.

edit 2: tried the shotgun approach:
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gms/.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateActivity
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdatePanoActivity
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.google.android.gsf/.update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver

aaand while these helped in the past, they don't help now.

Edit 3: tried grepping the full file list for update.zip. *.zip, *.img, not one hit besides those I put there or the immutable update.zip.
    Really? ... hmmm i see.... mine has always lasted less than 40 hrs... did you install any mod for the watch? core enablers or smth?
    Nothing specific, just installed the basic factory image + root . I have installed about 16 apps (including Watchmaker with a quite "sophisticated" watchface, wear messenger, WearMail, Wear Battery stats, Feel the Wear, Runtastic, ...) but mainly I have deactivated Google Fit which is a true battery killer app on both the Smartwatch and the Smartphone!.