• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Backcover of my Galaxy Fold 3 started Bulging/Swelling!!!

Search This thread

officialHFR

Oct 24, 2021

This happened after two failed attempts to fix my Fold 3 at the Official Samsung Service Plaza in Cologne! They said, probably the glue "just didn't stick right" the first time around and pressed it again. But a day later the bulge/swelling returned!

I don't believe anymore that it had anything to do with the glue in the first place. To me, it seems like the technician didn't know what he does or was in a rush and failed to assemble it properly. Either something like the Mainboard or Charging Pad isn't seated right in place and it's pushing against the back, or the Battery is swelling.

Samsung is expecting me to visit them, the 3rd time now! But my trust in this SCP is completely gone!

My Fold 3 arrived defective. I didn't return it in order to not loose my Trade-in, Pre-Order bonuses amongst other factors. I trusted my Brand New, nearly 2000€ investment in the hands of these People and they manage to mess up twice.

Samsung refuses to exchange it. What should I do? Did someone else had a similar situation and can maybe offer some advice?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    298 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.png
    2.png
    312.4 KB · Views: 145

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
visit your local consumer advocate, make a better video and tweet it @ some Samsung Europe higher ups. basically get all profile and legal armament you can so that you can to PR shame them into action.

if not that then go around the people telling you no, find their boss and then find his / her boss.
tell them you're thinking of sharing your experience with Linus Tech Tips and MKBHD on YouTube.
poop rolls down hill, so you should go higher up.

Reactions: officialHFR

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
@pieces of cake I added screenshots.

@3mel thanks for the advice. I will have to contact my local consumer advocate because the other options sadly only work if you have many followers. I hope it get's some attraction here on xda.
sign up to twitter and tweet a short (better) video at tech bloggers, journalists and influencers, it's their followers and reach you're trying to co-opt. Louis Rossman would be a good place to start.

pieces of cake

@3mel thanks for the advice. I will have to contact my local consumer advocate because the other options sadly only work if you have many followers. I hope it get's some attraction here on xda.
Thanks, I can see now. I'm sure that's infuriating. Sorry to see it and hope you can be made whole quickly.

gordec

Aug 21, 2007
San Francisco, CA

This happened after two failed attempts to fix my Fold 3 at the Official Samsung Service Plaza in Cologne! They said, probably the glue "just didn't stick right" the first time around and pressed it again. But a day later the bulge/swelling returned!

I don't believe anymore that it had anything to do with the glue in the first place. To me, it seems like the technician didn't know what he does or was in a rush and failed to assemble it properly. Either something like the Mainboard or Charging Pad isn't seated right in place and it's pushing against the back, or the Battery is swelling.

Samsung is expecting me to visit them, the 3rd time now! But my trust in this SCP is completely gone!

My Fold 3 arrived defective. I didn't return it in order to not loose my Trade-in, Pre-Order bonuses amongst other factors. I trusted my Brand New, nearly 2000€ investment in the hands of these People and they manage to mess up twice.

Samsung refuses to exchange it. What should I do? Did someone else had a similar situation and can maybe offer some advice?
If you pre-ordered, doesn't it come with 1 year if Samsung care plus? Are they saying you have to keep sending it in for repairs?

officialHFR

Oct 24, 2021
@dreamtheater39 pr0n like in Flip 3 unboxings? :LOL: no all jokes aside sadly I wasn't able to use my Fold 3 yet. It's been in my drawer since I got it.

@pieces of cake thanks for the kind words.

@gordec I do have 1 year Care+ Protection that's right. But Why should I use it in this case? Care+ ist for things that are my fault like smashing the F3 on the ground breaking it's screen. And they also want a flat fee of 150€. In my case it's should be covered under warranty.

gordec

Aug 21, 2007
San Francisco, CA
@dreamtheater39 pr0n like in Flip 3 unboxings? :LOL: no all jokes aside sadly I wasn't able to use my Fold 3 yet. It's been in my drawer since I got it.

@gordec I do have 1 year Care+ Protection that's right. But Why should I use it in this case? Care+ ist for things that are my fault like smashing the F3 on the ground breaking it's screen. And they also want a flat fee of 150€. In my case it's should be covered under warranty.
Yeah. I agree Samsung needs to fix this. I wasn't sure if Care plus applies to your situation. You don't have a Samsung store near by do you?

Reactions: officialHFR

officialHFR

Oct 24, 2021
Yeah. I agree Samsung needs to fix this. I wasn't sure if Care plus applies to your situation. You don't have a Samsung store near by do you?
My local Samsung Service Plaza in Cologne Germany did this my Fold 3. The technician probably had no experience and didn't assemble it correctly.
As you are from germany, they need to replace it or give the money back after second attempt of repairing.
I've always thought it takes 3 attempts for me to be able request such thing. But you are the second person now who said after 2 attempts!

I've wrote Samsung now and waiting for a reply. I just want a fair start with a new device which isn't defective by arrival.

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
I've seen this on many Moto phones. Cheap batteries or overheating such as leaving them on the dashboard of your car in the sun. The battery will swell up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sign up to twitter and tweet a short (better) video at tech bloggers, journalists and influencers, it's their followers and reach you're trying to co-opt. Louis Rossman would be a good place to start.
    visit your local consumer advocate, make a better video and tweet it @ some Samsung Europe higher ups. basically get all profile and legal armament you can so that you can to PR shame them into action.

if not that then go around the people telling you no, find their boss and then find his / her boss.
    tell them you're thinking of sharing your experience with Linus Tech Tips and MKBHD on YouTube.
    poop rolls down hill, so you should go higher up.

battery bloated