Background noise from Dasaita Max6 PX6 4gb/64gb - PX6

Search This thread

nonmiva78

Jan 27, 2021
So guys, I have the same problem on an isudar. The connection to be made is not clear to me. Given that I do the test on a workbench. From a speaker I start the red and black cable that I finalize with an rca (same thing I have to do for the other speakers). Where do I connect them then? If I connect them to the rca outputs of the stereo I have a very low volume that cannot be turned up. I have read that they must be connected to an external amplifier. How and where do I connect them?
Help me

Attachments

• 71bcIvddefL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71bcIvddefL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 71xlHGbXb3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71xlHGbXb3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 60

Bob_Sanders

So guys, I have the same problem on an isudar. The connection to be made is not clear to me. Given that I do the test on a workbench. From a speaker I start the red and black cable that I finalize with an rca (same thing I have to do for the other speakers). Where do I connect them then? If I connect them to the rca outputs of the stereo I have a very low volume that cannot be turned up. I have read that they must be connected to an external amplifier. How and where do I connect them?
Help me
I assume you are trying to eliminate noise by using the speaker outputs to the amplifier?

The speaker wires on the HEAD UNIT , (not the speakers) get finalized to rca. Then you plug the rca's into the amplifier (in picture one). The speakers are connected to the pin outputs on the amp (picture 2)

nonmiva78

Jan 27, 2021
So to recap. Do I add the rca terminals to the speaker wires coming out of the car radio iso pin 20 and connect them to the amplifier? Speakers connected to the external amplifier and I solved?
Has anyone found a solution without using an external amplifier?

Bob_Sanders

So to recap. Do I add the rca terminals to the speaker wires coming out of the car radio iso pin 20 and connect them to the amplifier? Speakers connected to the external amplifier and I solved?
Has anyone found a solution without using an external amplifier?
??
Sorry, but you are not being very clear.
The pictures you have in the above post (#122) is an amplifier. Are you saying you do not have an amplifier now?

If you do not have an amplifer then the speaker wires from the head unit connect DIRECTLY to the speakers (no rca plugs)

talrhv

Mar 17, 2020
Hi guys,

so I fixed the noise that came from the speakers. the Dasaita harness with all the rca of the speakers and sub caused the issue some rca touched the car chassis and cause the ground loop noise so I put isolierband on them and the problem solved.

now, I have the same problem with my subwoofer. I think that the head unit is causing it. I tried to connect a new rca cable and ran it in the middle of the car and connected it to the amplifier but the noise was still present so I made another test and connected an rca to 3.5 mm cable from my phone to the subwoofer’s amplifier and there was no more noise!
How can I fix this issue?

* Just to clarify, my 4 speakers are not connected through the amplifier they are connected directly to the head unit via the canbus.

thanks.

Bob_Sanders

Hi guys,

so I fixed the noise that came from the speakers. the Dasaita harness with all the rca of the speakers and sub caused the issue some rca touched the car chassis and cause the ground loop noise so I put isolierband on them and the problem solved.

now, I have the same problem with my subwoofer. I think that the head unit is causing it. I tried to connect a new rca cable and ran it in the middle of the car and connected it to the amplifier but the noise was still present so I made another test and connected an rca to 3.5 mm cable from my phone to the subwoofer’s amplifier and there was no more noise!
How can I fix this issue?

* Just to clarify, my 4 speakers are not connected through the amplifier they are connected directly to the head unit via the canbus.

thanks.
If you're talking about ground loop noise on the sub amp, then try running a ground wire directly from the head unit chassis to the amplifier ground

talrhv

Mar 17, 2020
What do you mean by that? From the head unit chassis to the amplifier ground?

The noise is like “tik tik tik” about 3 of them per second.

You you mean the metal frame of the head unit to the GND on the back of the subwoofer’s amplifier?
Thanks.

Bob_Sanders

What do you mean by that? From the head unit chassis to the amplifier ground?

The noise is like “tik tik tik” about 3 of them per second.

You you mean the metal frame of the head unit to the GND on the back of the subwoofer’s amplifier?
Thanks.
Okay, that's not ground loop noise so don't bother with the ground strap because it won't do anything.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
I wonder.... the screen throws off a fair bit of emf which *MAY* have something to do with noise being picked up by the audio preamps. Has anybody tried running these head units with the screen a little separated from the body?

How would that remove noise entering the supply lines, ground path.

Bob_Sanders

How would that remove noise entering the supply lines, ground path.
I'm talking about internal noise (emf noise and static).
If the screen was operated further away from the core board/dsp there would be less emf penetration.
Supply line noise and ground loop issues are a whole other ballgame which aren't too hard to solve. It's the internal noise which is the tough one.

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
I used to have a Toyota Auris with original JBL amplifier, changed the factory radio to Dasaita PX5, and later to PX6, never any issues. Now I have a 2020 Corolla, also with original JBL, different dashboard so had to buy a new PX6 (unit is exactly the same, just another frame around it), and now I have an annoying static sound all the time also. I already connected a ground wire to the chassis. Dasaita told me to buy a RCA cable also but I do not have speaker cables, the signal directly goes through CAN, same like the car before. The signal is also not continuously the same, sometimes it is louder, sometimes less, some apps also seem to cause noise, sometimes it starts beeping softly, like in the older days just before your mobile phone rang you could hear on the radio some beeps. When I removed the unit today to access the SD card, I think the noise became less and when I tried to put it back it became worse again (I still had the unit turned on). I was thinking maybe the top dashboard speaker has something to do with it.
Another problem I have with this unit is that already a few times over the last 2 months, the unit suddenly shuts off with a loud pop (scared the sh#t out of me), and then just reboots and continues where it was.
This has also corrupted my SD card this week.
Bit disappointed, especially since I never had any of these issues with the units before.

Bob_Sanders

Another problem I have with this unit is that already a few times over the last 2 months, the unit suddenly shuts off with a loud pop (scared the sh#t out of me), and then just reboots and continues where it was.
Bit disappointed, especially since I never had any of these issues with the units before.
I have had that problem too and I'm pretty sure it kicks out on overheat. I put a fan in mine and haven't had the issue since.

It sounds like you have the same noise issues I have. These are noises being generated from other pieces of electronics inside the head unit (Bluetooth noise, wifi noise, screen noise, scan disk noise..... etc)

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
I used to have a Toyota Auris with original JBL amplifier, changed the factory radio to Dasaita PX5, and later to PX6, never any issues. Now I have a 2020 Corolla, also with original JBL, different dashboard so had to buy a new PX6 (unit is exactly the same, just another frame around it), and now I have an annoying static sound all the time also. I already connected a ground wire to the chassis. Dasaita told me to buy a RCA cable also but I do not have speaker cables, the signal directly goes through CAN, same like the car before. The signal is also not continuously the same, sometimes it is louder, sometimes less, some apps also seem to cause noise, sometimes it starts beeping softly, like in the older days just before your mobile phone rang you could hear on the radio some beeps. When I removed the unit today to access the SD card, I think the noise became less and when I tried to put it back it became worse again (I still had the unit turned on). I was thinking maybe the top dashboard speaker has something to do with it.

Send it back. Too many users just out up with this common factory defect.

Bob_Sanders

Yeah, well.... as far as I know ALL of these Chinese head units make odd noises and/or are buggy in one way or another, and if I could find a better quality android head unit from any other Country I would snap it up in a second. I would gladly pay twice the price for one of these things at a top quality level.... but I believe China is the only place in the world who makes these things, so if I have to come up with my own workarounds here and there to make up for China's cheap methodologies, .... so be it.

Reactions: Xybertecnic

beno786

Feb 8, 2021
Im about to buy a
Dasaita PX6 4gb/64gb - PX6
and have read through this thread regarding the noise issue.
My car does not have factory amp ( I wont be buying one either) but does have
factory reversing camera. I have been advised by the seller to buy the Max10-CP-HD Canbus.
Will i have the noise issue even without the amp.

Bob_Sanders

Im about to buy a
Dasaita PX6 4gb/64gb - PX6
and have read through this thread regarding the noise issue.
My car does not have factory amp ( I wont be buying one either) but does have
factory reversing camera. I have been advised by the seller to buy the Max10-CP-HD Canbus.
Will i have the noise issue even without the amp.
Some seem to have noise and some don't, so it's hard to tell you one way or the other. You just have to try it.

nonmiva78

Jan 27, 2021
I realized that I have to connect the rca to the speaker outputs of the car radio. Then these to the amplifier, to which the speakers are directly connected?
Without an external amplifier is there any way?
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I finally had time this weekend to do the RCA stuff I proposed by myself :) But before doing it, I put an Oscilloscope to the output and I can confirm the Amplifier on this units introduces a LOT of distortion.

Will put some videos and pictures this weekend.

Made RCA mod today, no background noise. But got very low volume now. Can't manage to fix it via m123456.. any solution?

@condi Do you have an external amplifier on your car? Also, when you say that you tried to fix it via Factory Settings, did you modified it on the 3 places? (VOLUME tab, put SYS on 10 or more, CANBUS tab put 0db on volume adjustment and OTHER tab look for Amp Volume and select 0 dB) If so, let me know, I have a theory of what might be going on in your case...

In my case, the volume DID drop as I expected. While before the mod I usually use the volume on the first 1/4 of the volume range, now I need to go above half the range (but not to the very top). Also, in the Amp/EQ app I need to put preamp above half way.

For the people that does NOT have an external amp...sorry, but the unit can not (physically) support speakers connected to RCA output (it is a "Line Level Output", check wikipedia) no matter what SW or Config trick you try.
    But you don't need a powerful and expensive amp... Only check for something that doesn't have that many "bad user reviews"

If anybody wants to execute their warranty ping me and I will share the capture of the electrical signals, so you can push the vendor. But honesty, all in all I still think these units are a fair balance price/performance.
    In case this helps anybody, I was able to eliminate the alternator whine on my Dasaita PX6 by wiring the head unit directly to chassis ground rather than the wiring harness ground, AND attaching the ground wire from the steering wheel controls to a separate chassis ground.

This did not resolve the background white noise, however. I've decided I'm going to live with that, as it is barely audible when the engine is running, and completely inaudible while on the move.

I do wish, though, that there was a way / project / tutorial to properly shield all the components on the motherboard, and replace other components with higher quality parts. I'd love to be able to bump these units' sound quality to be on par with the big name aftermarket units without resorting to hacks like USB DACs -- for example, I remember reading somewhere that some capacitor replacements helped with low-end response. I wonder what could be accomplished with an across-the-board parts swap?
    Yeah, well.... as far as I know ALL of these Chinese head units make odd noises and/or are buggy in one way or another, and if I could find a better quality android head unit from any other Country I would snap it up in a second. I would gladly pay twice the price for one of these things at a top quality level.... but I believe China is the only place in the world who makes these things, so if I have to come up with my own workarounds here and there to make up for China's cheap methodologies, .... so be it.
    Is it really from the unit? That seems both strange and concerning. If you put your ear against the face do you still hear the noise coming from the unit? The only thing I can imagine would make a noise that behaves that way is the amplifier chip has background hiss or some other noise and when you set the volume to 0 it gets muted by turning off the output so no noise. Maybe re-soldering the amp pins might help if there's a cold solder joint that generates a buzz.

Hi,
    Dasaita support is trying to solve the issue for me. It looks like they think it could be related to the cable connecting speakers and Bose amplifier. Because I don't have a Bose amplifier, they've asked me to to the following:
    I have been asked to open a plug (No 1 on the picture) and too connect RCA avec câble AUX.
    The background noise is now gone, but the sound (music) is extremely low - even at Volume max it is too low.
    I am waiting for Dasaita support to revert.
    D01.png

D02.png

D03.png

D04.jpg
    I have the same problem.

In particular, the noise I'm hearing has two components: one is a low-volume white noise, coming definitely from the speakers. The other component is a very high-pitched "whining whistle", which is superimposed on the white noise. I'm not really sure whether the whistle comes from the speakers or from the unit.
    Both noises do not increase linearly with volume (i.e. they always have the same fixed volume), and both noises stop as soon as I mute or set volume to zero.

Just to make things clearer, are you guys experiencing the same thing?