Search This thread

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
I did this, it still shows the same error, clicking on help doesn't work. I selected the recovery then clicked on download and then connected the phone and this showed up.

Final error.JPG

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    again, please don't use wrong scatter file, you will seriously brick your device. use that one from post #18 for nicklaus (see attachment). do a readback of stock recovery first. unpack ramdisk with AIK. this way you know if scatter file matches. only then, flash TWRP. power off device completely and make sure preloader drivers installed (should look like this in device manager)

after successful flashing, press and keep hold Volume Up Button while disconnecting + reconnecting usb cable to PC, keep holding until you see TWRP logo

(in case TWRP does not boot you should see something like red state - failed boot. in that case TWRP is a dead end, and your only chance left is modifying boot.img to get adb access. at this point it might necessary to flash stock recovery backup from readback back to device)

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
    again, please don't use wrong scatter file, you will seriously brick your device. use that one from post #18 for nicklaus (see attachment). do a readback of stock recovery first. unpack ramdisk with AIK. this way you know if scatter file matches. only then, flash TWRP. power off device completely and make sure preloader drivers installed (should look like this in device manager)

after successful flashing, press and keep hold Volume Up Button while disconnecting + reconnecting usb cable to PC, keep holding until you see TWRP logo

(in case TWRP does not boot you should see something like red state - failed boot. in that case TWRP is a dead end, and your only chance left is modifying boot.img to get adb access. at this point it might necessary to flash stock recovery backup from readback back to device)
    So, here is what I did
    1. Went online, downloaded MediaTek_Preloader_USB_VCOM_Drivers_Setup_Signed
    2. Installed this
    3. Restarted my PC
    4. Downloaded the file you attached in post #18
    file you sent.JPG
    5. Wrote this
    what I typed.JPG

6. Saved this as recovery.img in a separate folder
    7. Clicked on Readback
    8. Connected my device with usb
    9. It showed me this
    readback error.JPG

What is it that I am doing wrong here, please help! And what does this error means?

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    yes that is all correct. i don't know what is problem. it says Possibly target power up too early but that mean nothing more than preloader isn't detected. possible reasons
    - drivers (check from device manager)
    - cable / loose connection (try usb 2.0 hub in between, other cable)
    - device is not in preloader mode (make sure it is powered off completely. for some devices one or both volume buttons required)
    - wrong download agent (check for secure boot DA's here)

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
    yes that is all correct. i don't know what is problem. it says Possibly target power up too early but that mean nothing more than preloader isn't detected. possible reasons
    - drivers (check from device manager)
    - cable / loose connection (try usb 2.0 hub in between, other cable)
    - device is not in preloader mode (make sure it is powered off completely. for some devices one or both volume buttons required)
    - wrong download agent (check for secure boot DA's here)
    Hi, I am downloading file from this link, is it correct?

photo_2021-04-18_14-53-22.jpg
    photo_2021-04-18_14-58-44.jpg

Last edited:

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    good, you got preloader working now! :)

that error is different. looks like flashing is forbidden because of signature mismatch.

read back boot + recovery first. use the files from device only (NMA26.42-169).

after readback: try to flash that files back to device as it is. this is just to figure out if the problem is with partition signature, or with SP Flash Tool secure boot Download Agent (auth_sv5.auth file may required)

Reactions: sd_shadow

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
    Hi, I am downloading file from this link, is it correct?

View attachment 5282719View attachment 5282723

that error is different. looks like flashing is forbidden because of signature mismatch.

after readback: try to flash that files back to device as it is. this is just to figure out if the problem is with partition signature, or with SP Flash Tool secure boot Download Agent (auth_sv5.auth file may required)
    Okay, is it the same way, like creating 2 files in readback one with length and address from boot and one from recovery as written in the attachment you sent in post #18??

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
    right (instructions #10 #14 and scatter file from #18)
    Hii, so I did the same and it shows the same error as in post #28

AND, The file I wrote in post #28 (the NMA26.42-82 one)
    I flashed both recovery and boot from that file and it said successful, so I disconnected the USB and started the phone, but to no advantage as it again went into bootloop :(

AND one more important thing, my file that want to access is in Android folder, this won't affect that, right?😅

Last edited:

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    i don't understand. readback doesn't work?

you flashed older version (82) without having backup (169)?

edit: never mind. you have confirmed scatter file is valid. you have confirmed that flashing works. that means issue is with partition signature. Seems you can't flash TWRP because it is not signed (dead end)

Last edited:

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    usb-debugging is another option to access your data.

can be enabled in boot.img

you found download link #25 for NMA26.42-169 use this boot.img

- unpack boot.img with AIK
    - edit default.prop with Notepad++
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.adb.secure=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
    - repackimg.bat
    - flash image-new.img into boot partition
    - check adb during boot loop
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb logcat

report back if logcat works. reboot, repeat logcat with adb logcat > logcat.txt and share the log. i will have a look into what causes boot loop. maybe we can figure out how to stop boot loop. if device does not loop anymore you should be able to copy files
    Code:
    adb root
    adb pull /dev/block/dm-0

this can take ~ 1 hour. the result is ext4 image containing decrypted userdata which can be restored after unlocking

Last edited:

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
    usb-debugging is another option to access your data.

can be enabled in boot.img

you found download link #25 for NMA26.42-169 use this boot.img

- unpack boot.img with AIK
    - edit default.prop with Notepad++
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.adb.secure=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
    - repackimg.bat
    - flash image-new.img into boot partition
    - check adb during boot loop
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb logcat

report back if logcat works. reboot, repeat logcat with adb logcat > logcat.txt and share the log. i will have a look into what causes boot loop. maybe we can figure out how to stop boot loop. if device does not loop anymore you should be able to copy files
    Code:
    adb root
    adb pull /dev/block/dm-0

this can take ~ 1 hour. the result is ext4 image containing decrypted userdata which can be restored after unlocking
    Well, that file shows 2 days to download

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    downloaded XT1770-10_NICKLAUS_RETIN_7.1.1_NMA26.42-169_subsidy-UNLOCKED_model-INDIA_CFC_SVC 1.5 GB in 10 minutes and extracted stock boot.img for you

Attachments

• boot_img_XT1770-10_NICKLAUS_RETIN_7.1.1_NMA26.42-169_subsidy-UNLOCKED_model-INDIA_CFC_SVC.zip
      9.2 MB · Views: 5

aIecxs

• Feb 17, 2016
    just a question. did you even check userdata_*.backup* is encrypted or not? because i saw encryption is not enforced (kinda bug in fstab), that could mean your userdata isn't encrypted at all. that would explain why you was able to restore backup without restoring crypto footer. and of course if userdata is not encrypted, that would make things easier - in that case just run bckp2win.sh without going the hassle to decrypt

deadmanspeaks

Mar 2, 2021
    just a question. did you even check userdata_*.backup* is encrypted or not? because i saw encryption is not enforced (kinda bug in fstab), that could mean your userdata isn't encrypted at all. that would explain why you was able to restore backup without restoring crypto footer. and of course if userdata is not encrypted, that would make things easier - in that case just run bckp2win.sh without going the hassle to decrypt
    How can I check if its encrypted or not?
    And, if not, then what to do?
    For restoring, I just went to the recovery mode as shown in post #25 and went to restore userdata and then selected the file name userdata****.backup and the phone restored to original condition and nothing else was required

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wait, you did factory reset already? in that case crypto footer is reset too. backup is encrypted and therefore useless unless crypto-footer is restored.

you said you restored backup, are you sure? does the phone boot into lock screen like before and is pattern still the same?
      So, what length and start address am I supposed to enter in hex?
      refer to scatter file

nicklaus.jpg

check your model name owens (XT1774 XT1775 XT1776) or nicklaus (XT1771 XT1772 XT1773)

download scatter file matching to your device model
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1770
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1771-dual-sim
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1772
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1773
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1775

And you shared the link AIK, in that there are so many options, which one do I have to select?
      Android.Image.Kitchen.v3.7-Win32.zip

Code:
      S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005)
      [BROM] can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly target power up too early.
      What can I do now?
      pretty much self explaining.

why flash boot.img? are you sure that scatter matches your partition layout (you will erase wrong area if not)!?
      That's why you must disable Antivirus

wait, you did factory reset already? in that case crypto footer is reset too. backup is encrypted and therefore useless unless crypto-footer is restored.

you said you restored backup, are you sure? does the phone boot into lock screen like before and is pattern still the same?
      So, what length and start address am I supposed to enter in hex?
      refer to scatter file

nicklaus.jpg

check your model name owens (XT1774 XT1775 XT1776) or nicklaus (XT1771 XT1772 XT1773)

download scatter file matching to your device model
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1770
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1771-dual-sim
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1772
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1773
      https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-e4-plus-xt1775

And you shared the link AIK, in that there are so many options, which one do I have to select?
      Android.Image.Kitchen.v3.7-Win32.zip

Code:
      S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005)
      [BROM] can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly target power up too early.
      What can I do now?
      pretty much self explaining.

why flash boot.img? are you sure that scatter matches your partition layout (you will erase wrong area if not)!?
      That's why you must disable Antivirus

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone