Backup Files from bricked device?

Search This thread

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
Hi there,

looks like the latest Update for my OnePlus 9 Pro did bricked my device.
It vibrates repidly at bootup, that stopes when I have the SIM Pin Screen. After I entered the Pins I should get the Finger Print Lock Screen but it just startes to vibrating rapidly again and I get the Line with emergency Call under it to enter the password (no finger print screen). No Keyboard to enter the PW and screen turns black after a while but keeps vibrating rapidly even for hours.
I can hold Power button and restart or shutdown.

So I think it is bricked and I have to try a Factory Reset.
I can enter the recovery menu with VolDown+Power (only reset device and no clear cache option) and the EDL Mode VolUp+VolDown+Power.

Is there any chance to Backup my files in one of that modes?

Use MSM to backup USERDATA partition, I doubt it will work though since it's likely encrypted. If you want to try this, open up MSM, press F8, select userdata, type "oneplus" as password and then click readback button.

Reactions: myissam07

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
I believe you only have two options left. Try to flash all the firmware images while in fastboot. If that can't be done, only thing left is to use the MSM tool which I know will wipe everything. But when you go to setup you phone, logging into your Google account, Google will restore apps and apps data....but you will lose the data on internal storage. Sorry that I can't be more help.
he can not flash with locked bootloader
no boot with fastboot and no flash with locked bootloadetr

Oct 27, 2011
I have already resigned myself a little to the fact that I may no longer be able to access my data.
Nevertheless, I would like to try everything that is possible.
However, thank you for your suggestions!
Can you recommend an app that recovers all data and not just media (pictures, videos, music)?

Next time I will certainly not do an update without backing up everything first.
I've just never thought that was necessary, since I've never had such problems with updates until now.

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have already resigned myself a little to the fact that I may no longer be able to access my data.
Nevertheless, I would like to try everything that is possible.
However, thank you for your suggestions!
Can you recommend an app that recovers all data and not just media (pictures, videos, music)?

Next time I will certainly not do an update without backing up everything first.
I've just never thought that was necessary, since I've never had such problems with updates until now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp can only boot when the bootloader is unlocked , with locked bootloader you cant boot twrp
    and the stock recovery have no adb enabled
    Hi there,

looks like the latest Update for my OnePlus 9 Pro did bricked my device.
    It vibrates repidly at bootup, that stopes when I have the SIM Pin Screen. After I entered the Pins I should get the Finger Print Lock Screen but it just startes to vibrating rapidly again and I get the Line with emergency Call under it to enter the password (no finger print screen). No Keyboard to enter the PW and screen turns black after a while but keeps vibrating rapidly even for hours.
    I can hold Power button and restart or shutdown.

So I think it is bricked and I have to try a Factory Reset.
    I can enter the recovery menu with VolDown+Power (only reset device and no clear cache option) and the EDL Mode VolUp+VolDown+Power.

Is there any chance to Backup my files in one of that modes?

Use MSM to backup USERDATA partition, I doubt it will work though since it's likely encrypted. If you want to try this, open up MSM, press F8, select userdata, type "oneplus" as password and then click readback button.