Question Backup Internal Storage During Qualcomm Crashdump Mode?

Search This thread

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013
I am on OOS12 rooted with twrp. I elected to do the OTA update method where you disable magisk modules, go into magisk and uninstall images, install the update, and then restore images and reboot. I have no idea why, but now my phone is in Qualcomm Crashdump mode. I have a lot of valuable things on my internal storage that I need to save or backup somehow.

Now, I can fastboot boot twrp.img and have that work, but in order to decrypt my userdata, it's asking for a pin, and I don't believe my pin is working. I'm wondering if this issue also affects what the pin code would be.

Is there any way at all to retrieve my data? Never would I expect an OTA to cause this and hence, there was no need to backup anything beforehand. Also, isn't the other a/b partition supposed to be available as a failsafe? My other partition should be just fine, although I have a feeling that assumption is because I don't understand the full gravity of this Qualcomm Crashdump mode.

Last edited:

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013
As stated, there will be a reward for someone who has a solution that works.

I am on OOS12 rooted with twrp. I elected to do the OTA update method where you disable magisk modules, go into magisk and uninstall images, install the update, and then restore images and reboot. I have no idea why, but now my phone is in Qualcomm Crashdump mode. I have a lot of valuable things on my internal storage that I need to save or backup somehow.

Now, I can fastboot boot twrp.img and have that work, but in order to decrypt my userdata, it's asking for a pin, and I don't believe my pin is working. I'm wondering if this issue also affects what the pin code would be.

Is there any way at all to retrieve my data? Never would I expect an OTA to cause this and hence, there was no need to backup anything beforehand. Also, isn't the other a/b partition supposed to be available as a failsafe? My other partition should be just fine, although I have a feeling that assumption is because I don't understand the full gravity of this Qualcomm Crashdump mode.
As a follow-up, I am wondering if the latest twrp-3.7.0_11-0 I am temporarily booting is not allowing my pin to work correctly because it doesn't support decryption / breaks my pin for OOS 12.1 C.69, which is what the OTA wanted to update to.

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013
---UPDATE---

I downloaded the latest Stock Firmware and extracted the payload.bin and manually flashed everything from this thread below.

And now...instead of it going to the Qualcomm crashdump, it goes right to fastboot. I don't know if this is progress, but at least with boot slot b it's currently on, there is no more crashdump occurring. The problem now is that it still wont boot with a fresh manual install of all stock images in the payload.bin. I'm wondering if this is related to my internal storage, but that wouldn't make any sense. TWRP is still telling me my pin is incorrect, even though it's correct.

---UPDATE 2---

I had tried everything I could think of and ended up resorting to the MSM tool. I don't have any recent backups but have some things saved. It appears that no one responded meaning this is likely impossible, short of a forensics lab that can crack encryption like this.

Last edited: