• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[BACKUP v5.0] --- [COPY SETTING ANY ROM]

Search This thread

Kisler

Aug 9, 2011
Hi everyone! I bring an application that I have made for backup and restore system settings becoming more comfortable facilities in clean roms.

This application generates a copy settings (toggles, size navbar, clock position, etc.), keep all wifi networks and terminal dpi in the folder you choose. In turn you can perform a restore these settings at any time.

How to use:

The mode of use is very easy. When you open the application to make sure we secure the root permissions because if otherwise not function properly.

- In the first card must specify the folder where the operations (create copy or restore) will be made. If you want to create the copy simply enter a name such as "backup" and create a folder in the root of your sdcard and call containing the backup. If you want to restore a previously created backup must indicate the folder from which it intends to proceed.

- The second card is the one that initiates the backup.

- The third board is the one that restores the backup.

11sdnr5.jpg
t9be51.jpg

Changelog Backup v4

- Added file encryption to wifi.
- Navigation bar color support.
- Fixed problem creating backup sometimes.
- Added new languages:

Arabic
Bosnian.
German.
French.
Italian.
Polish.
Portuguese.

Attachments

• strings.zip
    585 bytes · Views: 2,265
Last edited:

p0izn

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for your work. Nice design. Keep it going.
I can translate it into Russian. Please send strings in PM

EDIT: btw, ProjectL compatible?
EDIT2: please encrypt backup files, safety first

Last edited:

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
Is this app cross rom compatible? For example; the general set-ups I use are pretty standard across different roms, minus rom specific settings so if I'm switching from a SlimKat rom to a CM rom will this take care of my general settings such as sound, display, quick tile setup, etc. and skip any setting that is rom specific or would I have to create a separate backup for each rom. I will assume that this is not possible when switching from an AOSP based rom to an OEM based rom.

is this on the play store? If not I dont trust it

This may be the most useless post I've seen in a while. It is of no help to anyone, not worth the time it took to type, and has generally lowered the intelligence level of this entire thread.
Personally I trust apps on XDA more than I do the Play store.

camp70

Feb 9, 2012
Is this app cross rom compatible? For example; the general set-ups I use are pretty standard across different roms, minus rom specific settings so if I'm switching from a SlimKat rom to a CM rom will this take care of my general settings such as sound, display, quick tile setup, etc. and skip any setting that is rom specific or would I have to create a separate backup for each rom. I will assume that this is not possible when switching from an AOSP based rom to an OEM based rom.

Every backup only fully works for the ROM you're using at that moment. What you can do is to make a backup with the name of every ROM you use to flash. Sorry for bad english

trasteando...

Last edited:

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
Do you have a list of which settings are backed up?

Future feature proposal: have an Advanced option that let's you select the individual settings to be backed up. Or, an Advanced option to select the individual settings to be restored.

Typos courtesy of my LG G2 (D803) running Mahdi-ROM.

samueldewit

Jun 27, 2013
Zutphen
Lovely tool! I would love to see an encryption option, but anyways: Nice job.

I'do offer to translate the app into Dutch if you want. I will try my best.

Kind regards,

Samuel de Wit

Last edited:

mbutandola

Jan 3, 2011
Paris
This looks really nice. Very simple and easy to use UI unlike Titanium backup

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

sixgunmojo

Jun 11, 2013
Every backup only fully works for the ROM you're using at that moment. What you can do is to make a backup with the name of every ROM you use to flash. Sorry for bad english

trasteando...
Thanks I figured that was the case but thought I'd ask any way. I'll probably give this a test in the next couple of days when I upgrade my rom. Even if I have to create a backup for each rom I use this will still save me about 10-15 mins per setup since even on a weekly upgrade I still can't bring myself to do a dirty flash.
Don't apologize for your English. You speak it better than I speak Spanish and any reasonably intelligent English speaker understood you perfectly. :)

Reactions: camp70

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi everyone! I bring an application that I have made for backup and restore system settings becoming more comfortable facilities in clean roms.

This application generates a copy settings (toggles, size navbar, clock position, etc.), keep all wifi networks and terminal dpi in the folder you choose. In turn you can perform a restore these settings at any time.

How to use:

The mode of use is very easy. When you open the application to make sure we secure the root permissions because if otherwise not function properly.

- In the first card must specify the folder where the operations (create copy or restore) will be made. If you want to create the copy simply enter a name such as "backup" and create a folder in the root of your sdcard and call containing the backup. If you want to restore a previously created backup must indicate the folder from which it intends to proceed.

11sdnr5.jpg
t9be51.jpg

Need to put this up on market with some relevant SEO (ie aokp backup) a lot of people could use it

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
Nice app.. I just came across it on G+. It's perfect timing since a new SlimKat Weekly has just been dropped. I'm going to try it out tonight. Thanks a lot...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tinydynamite00

Aug 31, 2013
Austin
Thank you very much! I also found this thread via Google+ and I'm happy I did. I was just about to flash an update to a ROM and was dreading TB's interface. I still can't get that bulky app to function to my liking. Your application looks promising! Can't wait to test it. Thanks, again, for your development and your community contribution. Hope to have some feedback for you soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to use:

11sdnr5.jpg
    t9be51.jpg

Changelog Backup v4

- Added file encryption to wifi.
    - Navigation bar color support.
    - Fixed problem creating backup sometimes.
    - Added new languages:

Arabic
    Bosnian.
    German.
    French.
    Italian.
    Polish.
    Portuguese.

This may be the most useless post I've seen in a while. It is of no help to anyone, not worth the time it took to type, and has generally lowered the intelligence level of this entire thread.
    Personally I trust apps on XDA more than I do the Play store.

Wow are you ever on the wrong website then!
    Currently translated into:

Bosnian.
    German.
    Spanish.
    French.
    Italian.
    Polish.
    Portuguese.

Wait for the weekend and I'll get the new version with translations available.
    Here is the italian translation: http://pastebin.com/yyJhyY4n