• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bad Batery life and How to fix?

Search This thread
I got my OnePlus 9 Pro a week ago and I've been using the charger that was included in the box, But after using my phone for 30 Minutes the phone has used up 20% of the battery. I've Checked in Battery optimization Settings and all my apps are on "Intelligent Control". My Phone is also rooted with Magisk and I've installed AdAway with the root option. Thanks in advance! :D

• Battery Settings:

Screenshot_20210927-074617.jpg

• Battery Usage:

Screenshot_20210927-075031.jpg

• Installed Magisk Modules

temp.jpg

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I set all of my apps to "Optimize" except apps I need immediate notifications for (leave those on "Intelligent Control") and my third party alarm app ("Don't Optimize"). Also, social media apps are battery hogs. I keep them frozen in Ice Box except when I'm using them. Also consider flashing Omega kernel. It's basically just stock kernel debloated, which seems to allow the phone to run cooler and have longer battery life.

I just looked at your screenshots again though... 10 hours since last charge, over 2 hours of screen-on time, most of which was spent on YouTube and TikTok, and you're still at 80%? Sounds like decent battery life to me.

I set all of my apps to "Optimize" except apps I need immediate notifications for (leave those on "Intelligent Control") and my third party alarm app ("Don't Optimize"). Also, social media apps are battery hogs. I keep them frozen in Ice Box except when I'm using them. Also consider flashing Omega kernel. It's basically just stock kernel debloated, which seems to allow the phone to run cooler and have longer battery life.

I just looked at your screenshots again though... 10 hours since last charge, over 2 hours of screen-on time, most of which was spent on YouTube and TikTok, and you're still at 80%? Sounds like decent battery life to me.
Nah I just didn't charge it overnight

Reactions: Marabou57

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
What exactly is the problem here?

Your screenshot shows 10h since last charge, a very small charge (upwards tick on the chart), 2h of SoT and you're at 80%??
Of the 20% you've lost, you've spent 10% on YouTube, 8% on tiktok.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what are you expecting?

Reactions: Marabou57

rabidhamster

May 13, 2012
I got my OnePlus 9 Pro a week ago and I've been using the charger that was included in the box, But after using my phone for 30 Minutes the phone has used up 20% of the battery. I've Checked in Battery optimization Settings and all my apps are on "Intelligent Control". My Phone is also rooted with Magisk and I've installed AdAway with the root option. Thanks in advance! :D

• Battery Settings:

View attachment 5420009

• Battery Usage:

View attachment 5420011

• Installed Magisk Modules

View attachment 5420015
To be honest 10 hours since last charge and over 2 hours screen time for 20% ain't bad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Swipe down the notification area you will find Autohz icon click on it twice to force 90hz.

I'm using AutoHz but I don't have that option. Only choices available with this QS is Force 120, Force 60, and Auto. Unless you're saying that Auto is the 90Hz.
    Rooted and su is granted of course.

The only possible way for this, AFAIK, is to have the max frequency of your phone set to 90Hz, like OP7T or so, but yours is 9Pro with 120Hz, so I don't really understand how.

I have the Chinese model maybe it's different?

If Autohz doesn't work you can always force 90hz through adb.

adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 90
    adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 0

Nah I just didn't charge it overnight
    What exactly is the problem here?

Your screenshot shows 10h since last charge, a very small charge (upwards tick on the chart), 2h of SoT and you're at 80%??
    Of the 20% you've lost, you've spent 10% on YouTube, 8% on tiktok.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what are you expecting?
    It's your installed apps/modules Im getting atleast 8 Hours of SOT.
    Swipe down the notification area you will find Autohz icon click on it twice to force 90hz.

I'm using AutoHz but I don't have that option. Only choices available with this QS is Force 120, Force 60, and Auto. Unless you're saying that Auto is the 90Hz.